• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Senior Bowl

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I dont understand why people hate on Josh Allen so much.....kid is a stud
Who does? And what in the hell are they looking at?

He needs to improve/polish some stuff but dude has as much upside as Wentz had and he is even more athletic than Wentz. Remains to be seen whether his progress can be as fast but his potential is phenomenal.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

He needs to improve/polish some stuff but dude has as much upside as Wentz had and he is even more athletic than Wentz. Remains to be seen whether his progress can be as fast but his potential is phenomenal.

the more i look at it the more i think we could see 4 qbs go in the top 6... certainly the top 10 with a team trying to get ahead of the dolphins at 11...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Go on Voch lombardis live feeds and you hear some arm chair scouts say some stupid things

He’s more Hackenberg than Wentz. Wentz actually played in a pro style system in college. He was accurate, had pocket presence, and a huge arm. Allen has a strong arm and that’s all. He doesn’t set his feet, scrambles even when there is no pressure, constantly throwing on the run for no reason, misses easy throws, and doesn’t see the field. You’re basically getting a guy with a big arm and that’s all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He’s more Hackenberg than Wentz. Wentz actually played in a pro style system in college. He was accurate, had pocket presence, and a huge arm. Allen has a strong arm and that’s all. He doesn’t set his feet, scrambles even when there is no pressure, constantly throwing on the run for no reason, misses easy throws, and doesn’t see the field. You’re basically getting a guy with a big arm and that’s all.

hackenberg and allen are not equivalent at all

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
That DE from Rutgers seems like he could be a good project player for us to grab in the mid to late rounds. He can learn from guys like Suggs on how to make the most out of his athletic ability.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I dont understand why people hate on Josh Allen so much.....kid is a stud
You're darn right he is. There are some poor decisions on tape and some occasions where he is less than accurate but the plus stuff is ridiculous.

There's no question to me he is a better prospect than Joe coming out so far as the tangible. He's certainly on par in terms of arm talent and miles ahead athletically.

I have to scratch my head in wonder at why anyone wouldn't take him at sixteen, if for some reason he were there.

Last edited:

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
You're darn right he is. There are some poor decisions on tape and some occasions where he is less than accurate but the plus stuff is ridiculous.

There's no question to me he is a better prospect than Joe coming out so far as the tangible. He's certainly on par in terms of arm talent and miles ahead athletically.

I have to scratch my head in wonder at why anyone wouldn't take him at sixteen, if for some reason he were there.
If a quarterback is there at 16 wed hold all the leverage. Maybe even get both Bills first round picks lol

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
All I hear and read about James Washington from the senior bowl is positive. Hes catching everything and consistently beating corners. Fastest player at the bowl, and even nick saban gave him some compliments. He doesnt run a variety of routes but neither did Torrey comming out and Torrey was very productive in his rookie year, i see Washington as a better product comming out however

He said he really wants to play for the Cowboys though....i could see that as a fit