• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Marlon Humphrey Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
@RayRayRaven I hear what you are saying, but here is the reality of upping the charges. Humph is now entitled to a preliminary hearing which he will have. Then a court date will be scheduled. When he goes to the court date he tells the judge, “I want a jury trial” then another court date is set. There is no way the complainant is going to keep wasting his time showing up to all these court dates over a $15 charger. The first time he does not appear and Humph and his attorney are ready to proceed the State will be forced to dismiss the charges. Even if he does show, the State’s Attorney is not going to want to waste the State’s time and money on a jury trial for a $15 charger when only one person out of 12 is needed by the defense for a mistrial. This is why you don’t up the charges to robbery for a drunk guy borrowing a $15 charger.
It also goes without saying that in most cases like this that involve anyone with money, the complainant is looking for a little money and when they get it, they don’t show up and proceed. Domestic violence cases are different, because in States like Maryland, they can compel the victim to testify. If the victim is married to the abuser, they can only use their marital priviledge once. If there was any way I could place a large bet on this matter, I would bet big money this never goes to trial.

Yes all true. However there is an X factor in play here. Humph is an NFL player.The Uber driver has incentive pursue getting him in trouble. Being that his charger was forcefully taken and he was threatened by a pro football player.
@RayRayRaven I hear what you are saying, but here is the reality of upping the charges. Humph is now entitled to a preliminary hearing which he will have. Then a court date will be scheduled. When he goes to the court date he tells the judge, “I want a jury trial” then another court date is set. There is no way the complainant is going to keep wasting his time showing up to all these court dates over a $15 charger. The first time he does not appear and Humph and his attorney are ready to proceed the State will be forced to dismiss the charges. Even if he does show, the State’s Attorney is not going to want to waste the State’s time and money on a jury trial for a $15 charger when only one person out of 12 is needed by the defense for a mistrial. This is why you don’t up the charges to robbery for a drunk guy borrowing a $15 charger.
It also goes without saying that in most cases like this that involve anyone with money, the complainant is looking for a little money and when they get it, they don’t show up and proceed. Domestic violence cases are different, because in States like Maryland, they can compel the victim to testify. If the victim is married to the abuser, they can only use their marital priviledge once. If there was any way I could place a large bet on this matter, I would bet big money this never goes to trial.
Regarding a financial settlement, I hear you. There's been many Crimes in the past that didn't get to trial because a little bribe changed hands and I believe there is some probability that can occur in this case. I am certain Humpf would rather pay than have the facts of his drunken and hormone influenced robbery filter out.

As far as preliminary hearing, yes that will occur if a "bribe" can or can't be reached. The hearing will be to influence the Alabama State Attorney that the case is weak, but I don't believe it is weak at all. I think the State Attorney's Office had a pow wow on this one before it was charged. Now if the bribe ensues, the victim will appear and say that he does not wish to press charges. However, if the victim was genuinely assaulted and is principled there is no need for him to appear at a preliminary hearing. This one is going to depend on the victims character, unlike Humpf, whose character we have known for some time.

Safety, clear judgement and best results to you Five O

The X factor here is he is an nfl player. The Uber driver isn’t gonna forget about it. Unless there is some kinda bribe. Which Humph would prefer than the facts come out at trial that he was drunk and showing off for girls. And bullied a Uber driver. So he can get back to getting roasted by Brandon Lafell and DJ CHARK. Like in college. If the new coordinator is gonna be more aggressive then Humph will have to handle himself in man up coverage. When you watch highlights of sec receivers like Chark and callaway it’s always Humph being cooked when Alabama shows up in the highlights lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yes all true. However there is an X factor in play here. Humph is an NFL player.The Uber driver has incentive pursue getting him in trouble. Being that his charger was forcefully taken and he was threatened by a pro football player.

he's also gonna have to face a better lawyer than will likely have ever graced those courts for such a petty charge - is it worth his time when it likely takes multiple visits etc.

i mean lets be honest what does the uber driver get out of this financially?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
When you watch highlights of sec receivers like Chark and callaway it’s always Humph being cooked when Alabama shows up in the highlights lol.

this isnt the SEC anymore - and it's almost like you refuse to believe a player actually improves out of college... i cant believe you watched a single snap of humphrey in the regular season at all given the way you talk about him still...

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
this isnt the SEC anymore - and it's almost like you refuse to believe a player actually improves out of college... i cant believe you watched a single snap of humphrey in the regular season at all given the way you talk about him still...
Duh, watching him play guys in the SEC who havent proven they're good yet in the NFL tells you a whole lot more about how HE is as an NFL player than how he's played against proven NFL talent.

His source at the gym says this is absolute fact, and the best way to evaluate talent. So its true.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Duh, watching him play guys in the SEC who havent proven they're good yet in the NFL tells you a whole lot more about how HE is as an NFL player than how he's played against proven NFL talent.

His source at the gym says this is absolute fact, and the best way to evaluate talent. So its true.

Man up coverage is getting cooked in man up at any level. You can argue the rush will get there faster but it didn’t stop Lafell from cooking him.

Actually it wasn’t my source at the gym. It was all the members you banned from that board you started. Kinda a hard sell that Ozzie is an ace drafter and harball is a great coach as your forum theme after not making the playoffs 3 years in a row.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
lol, internet quotes --- Abraham lincoln. lmao

73.6% of statistics are made up. The rest are downright lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.