• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Steelers

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This will be the last game for a couple of longtime Ravens.
BWill, Koch, Jimmy, Levine & Young.
Probably the best opponent for a regular season game.
Why would Koch not be back? Also wouldn't bet against Jimmy and Young being back either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Why would Koch not be back? Also wouldn't bet against Jimmy and Young being back either.
Koch will definitely be gone in the short term and I hope it's not next year. I am concerned to see how that is going to effect Justin Tucker. I don't think Young is going anywhere due to the savings we would have only being 6m and it's not like we have a slot corner on the roster other than Humphrey, who we would rather be on the boundary. Jimmy is the one I'm not sure will be back, but I do believe that will be his decision. Now if he wants to play, the team will sign him at a similar contract.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Koch will definitely be gone in the short term and I hope it's not next year. I am concerned to see how that is going to effect Justin Tucker. I don't think Young is going anywhere due to the savings we would have only being 6m and it's not like we have a slot corner on the roster other than Humphrey, who we would rather be on the boundary. Jimmy is the one I'm not sure will be back, but I do believe that will be his decision. Now if he wants to play, the team will sign him at a similar contract.
I mean I don't expect Koch to play 5 more years, but he's under contract for next year and I've heard nothing to suggest he wants to retire or the Ravens are looking to move on from him, so I'm not sure why somebody would put him in the group of players not likely to return.

Simba

Staff Member
I mean I don't expect Koch to play 5 more years, but he's under contract for next year and I've heard nothing to suggest he wants to retire or the Ravens are looking to move on from him, so I'm not sure why somebody would put him in the group of players not likely to return.

It's mostly posturing but he's had a pretty off year for him. A lot more shanks than usual and didn't do great at pinning teams deep. Not sure they move on but I'd be surprised if they don't start looking for some actual competition in the next year or two.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
John has a helluva tan there. lol

A great tan. lol

4axEjzz.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not last game but every other game it does.. mans below avg in cvg..

i mean not every other game at all - the middle of the season he's been a little disappointing but he's also had all of his guys around him in the secondary go out with injuries and he's the guy who's got to put people in position so that's somewhat understandable

but he started the season playing like one of the best safeties in football - through the first 4 or 5 games he was up there with the best in the league at his position

and obviously we saw what he did against the rams (which ill admit was somewhat out of character with him actually catching the ball lol)

i think what we need to realise is that chuck is better when he's allowed to be closer to the line of scrimmage - that doesnt mean he sucks on the back end but that when we get into our dime packages we should move him down into the box if we can because he's awesome playing that underneath stuff and closing on outs and screens and underneath routes - we saw that with the ravens moving him down into the box a bit with some 3 safety looks with stephens and stone (and sometimes TJ) playing on the backend to allow him to play that more dimebacker type role

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not last game but every other game it does.. mans below avg in cvg..
Pretty obvious you didn't watch film of those games either. There aren't many Safeties who are great in one on one coverage either. You'd have a tough time naming me any.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Pretty obvious you didn't watch film of those games either. There aren't many Safeties who are great in one on one coverage either. You'd have a tough time naming me any.
Im talking about in space lol, i doubt anyone thinks safeties can play 1vs1 cvg like cbs can so idk why you brung up “ 1vs1 cvg”You know you always getting a lil aggressive whenever you wanna prove a point like you in your feelings or something lol.. just relax young cub, everything gonna be alright.

Reactions: cdp

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Im talking about in space lol, i doubt anyone thinks safeties can play 1vs1 cvg like cbs can so idk why you brung up “ 1vs1 cvg”You know you always getting a lil aggressive whenever you wanna prove a point like you in your feelings or something lol.. just relax young cub, everything gonna be alright.

I quite like Clark, Elliott (depending on price) and Stephens. They're solid starters, only real hit is a lack of playmaking, not sure whether we'll address that in the offseason or focus on more pressing areas.

I could see later round swing(s) though for depth/developmental.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol, it's ok "cuz". You be on that island.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I quite like Clark, Elliott (depending on price) and Stephens. They're solid starters, only real hit is a lack of playmaking, not sure whether we'll address that in the offseason or focus on more pressing areas.

I could see later round swing(s) though for depth/developmental.
Thats why i want new safeties. If we had a playing making S along with clark it wouldnt be as bad but both our S, are basically box guys.