• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Purple Flock Dynasty League

K-Dog

MVP
How does this work.

I have never done a fantasy league of any kind ever in my life.

If you take all the fantasy football knowledge in the whole world and put it in a box, I have what is left on the outside of the box.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
How does this work.

If you take all the fantasy football knowledge in the whole world and put it in a box, I have what is left on the outside of the box.

Each person will have a set of starters and bench spots. You'll draft to fill out those spots. I believe you draft fourth so you might take someone like Odell. Just keep going to fill out your needs on your roster. You'll also draft defensive players, but you can usually wait to draft those until the later rounds. I'd just look at the rankings as you draft to give you a little guide as to the best player available.

Once you draft you'll set your starters for week one. The first game is Chiefs and Pats on the 7th so you'll check your players to see if you want to start anyone from that game and if you do, put them in as a starter before the game locks and how they perform on the field is how you get your points. And you'll have s different opponent each week, one of us from purple Flock, whichever team scores the most points at the end of the football week, wins the match. So if you draft Tom brady, you'll most likely want to start him week 1.

There are a few mock draft simulators if you'd like to test out the draft before we actually draft.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/draftcenter/mockdrafts

do you have the espn fantasy app? I'd say download it. It's easy to use and helps. It'll be much easier to draft if you have the app.

If anybody else wants to help explain it, feel free. It's pretty simple once you get started.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
How does this work.

If you have time to search online you can find plenty of player rankings as well as strategy advice.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
What's up, everyone. Just a reminder, our draft is TODAY at 6PM EST. Sooo, in about 5 hours. I would recommend getting the ESPN fantasy app, it's great to have if you're not near a computer and if you're on the go a lot. I'll probably be drafting on the go today, so it's great to have.

We'll get 60 seconds to pick, I had to lower it due to the number of rounds.

For those new to fantasy football, you're basically just drafting your all star team. Fill out your starting positions and your bench positions. They will give you rankings if you're not that familiar with other players. A good standard to go by.

For those new to dynasty leagues. This is just an expanded version of redraft, larger rosters and you keep a large portion of your roster through the years, so you can think long term if you'd like.

Hopefully a majority of you can make it to the draft room which I believe opens up an hour prior so at 5PM EST. AT the least, 5:30.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions!

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
You just set your starters and play someone else's team each week. You earn points based on how your starters do in real time each week. So our season won't start until week 1. So if you have Cousins and he scores 3'toucjdowns, 326 yards, you'd get a high number of points at your QB position. Your points are based on real life play.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I guess the app will help walk me through.

Yup. You have your starters and bench players. Just start the best matchups. You have Tom Brady so you'll never have to bench him lol. And if you go to matchup on fantasy cast, you can see who you play week 1.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I guess the app will help walk me through.

A small tip or bit of advice. Maybe get rid of some of your defensive guys and add some offense to your bench. Just so you have depth at WR/RB/TE.

And not sure if you want to start Weddle, Jefferson, and Humphrey at your defensive positions. I try to avoid starting a few people from the same team in case the team has a bad game. Might be hard for Weddle and Jefferson to both rack up stats.

But take it or leave it. Just thought I'd mention it