• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 State of the Ravens: Bisciotti Solo Edition (2/2/18)

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure if I missed the memo but I noticed there’s no thread here on this but the State of the Ravens will be next Friday at 1:30PM EST. I find it surprising that it’ll only be Steve and I wonder why that is. I’m very curious to hear this presser because I can’t remember when the last time Steve came out alone was if ever. Surely an interesting situation and raises some questions for me personally.

K-Dog

MVP
I reckon there will be additional press conference between then and the draft.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I haven’t seen this called the state of the Ravens presser officially. Who knows, it might not be.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
My guess is Steve is fucking tired of the coachspeak. He doesn't want harbaugh providing the typical lip service, he's there to give answers, give his insight, and send a message to the staff as well as the fans.

I expect harbaugh and the rest of the staff to be on heavy notice by the end of this. Not being there to defend themselves as Steve points out things like shit playcalling, shit use of personnel, continuing streak of major injuries worse than any team in the league, and worst of all horrible drafting, they will be redfaced as hell as they watch from their offices.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
My guess is Steve is fucking tired of the coachspeak. He doesn't want harbaugh providing the typical lip service, he's there to give answers, give his insight, and send a message to the staff as well as the fans.

I expect harbaugh and the rest of the staff to be on heavy notice by the end of this. Not being there to defend themselves as Steve points out things like shit playcalling, shit use of personnel, continuing streak of major injuries worse than any team in the league, and worst of all horrible drafting, they will be redfaced as hell as they watch from their offices.

I don't see him throwing them under the bus, but who knows. I actually expect the opposite. Wouldn't mind it going the way you see it.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler

I am sure Steve is frustrated like we all are. Steve impresses me as a class guy. Being such I would not expect him to criticize his employees in public, that is better done behind closed doors.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I am sure Steve is frustrated like we all are. Steve impresses me as a class guy. Being such I would not expect him to criticize his employees in public, that is better done behind closed doors.
But he's not criticizing, he's telling it how it is.

Someone asks: "what do you have to say about the lack of talent on the roster?" Is he supposed to lie and say "well we're highly talented and have a bright future and have drafted great!" Or does he say "well, we gotta allocate cap space better, we gotta draft better, we gotta make better FA signings"