• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 State of the Ravens: Bisciotti Solo Edition (2/2/18)

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
One thing I will say on this matter is that if there was one concept I gathered from the presser it’s that the likely etiology of our poor drafting of early round picks is two fold in that it’s caused by having too many cooks in the kitchen and thereby overanalysis of early round prospects. This is evident because we’ve hit on our late day picks where we don’t over analyze them because they are late round picks, and thereby have better success.

I want us to re-sign Hurst to play RT actually because I liked how he looked when he did play RT for that brief time. I think it’s his more natural position actually. I do think he’s a decent guard though. I want him as depth and feel we should cut Howard to bring back Hurst. I can’t believe I’m even saying that. I’d love to have McGlinchey here and for the chance to put him at RT and have an OL up there with the Titans with two bookend tackles and a solid Interior. I wouldn’t rule that out as a possibility and should we miss on getting Jensen back there are mid or early round guys who can play center, like my man out of Iowa James Daniels.

I think the reason for failed picks is as mentioned above: just too many opinions and too much analysis and not enough instinct. Maybe this is because of John’s influence or Eric or Ozzie or Steve or all 4 of them and Joe Ortiz. I’m sure they didn’t put as much analysis into the late round picks like Judon they just went with someone’s opinion and rolled. I think that explains the success of those picks compared to the others and it would explain why Ozzie hasn’t had the same success because perhaps he’s still good but just too much analysis on a single guy.

Give me TY Hilton if we’re talking trading for a WR lol

I like Daniels as well. I watched him Friday night for first time. But I think McGlinchey is a lil overrated at this juncture. He isn’t gonna get movement in the run game in the nfl Until he gets a lot stronger. He has the frame for it but remains to be seen.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In my opinion Butler could be a No.2 and even surprise as a No.1 he is that talented. But held back playing behind high cost WRs. HE is the kinda young skilled player looking for opportunity we should be looking for. I agree Jordy coulda been good on a different team but not quite as great as with Rodgers. But now Nelson needs an elite QB to be average. Not the player he was by far
He could be, but hasn’t been productive enough to be given the number 2 role. Another wr needs to be brought in, and drafted, and if he wins that role, great. I mentioned Butler a few weeks ago as an under the radar signing this offseason.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
He could be, but hasn’t been productive enough to be given the number 2 role. Another wr needs to be brought in, and drafted, and if he wins that role, great. I mentioned Butler a few weeks ago as an under the radar signing this offseason.

Yes I agree don’t bring him in as the only signing. Sign him with a Marqise or somebody. And draft a receiver or 2. And tell him he will have the opportunity to be a starter and even No.1 if he performs. As it stands unless a rookie lights it up Brice would start with whomever else we sign. Ravens only receivers on roster are busts and vets with sharply diminishing skills. It wouldn’t surprise me if Brice ran away away with No.1 WR role. His routes are 1000 time sharper and more fluid than Wallace. And Maclins skills are clearly not what it was in 2014.

Yes you did find him. You turned me onto him. And I think you found the free agent steal of 2018. That dude is good. For a near 6’4 speed deep threat Receiver his routes are sharp and fluid!!

Last edited:
I like Butler but I need for us to sign another FA WR to go along with him. I would love to see us pair him with someone like Thomas or Sanders. It would be an ultimate win if we got him with Robinson but I’m dreaming at that point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I like Butler but I need for us to sign another FA WR to go along with him. I would love to see us pair him with someone like Thomas or Sanders. It would be an ultimate win if we got him with Robinson but I’m dreaming at that point.

For me my dream scenario is Taylor Gabriel, Donte Moncrief and then grabbing Anthony miller in the 2nd - cut Maclin and re-sign wallace

stampedehero

Practice Squad
Steve will announce a new marketing item that all fans can relate to at the end of close Ravens games. Intended for emotional release on a block of ice. View attachment 590 Of Course the Logo still has to be imprinted.