• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 State of the Ravens: Bisciotti Solo Edition (2/2/18)

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Calvin Johnson 2 years(3?) out of football is still better than all our guys combined.

Richardson is who I want. Make it goddam happen Ozzie/DeCosta or whoever the fuck has pull.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Why’s that? He may be a cap casualty and one they could work a reasonable two or three year deal with.
He will the be oldest of the bunch, a big part of his success was because of his rapport with Rodgers, he has an injury history, and frankly.. Given his rapport with Rodgers I doubt he leaves.

Tank

Hall of Famer
He will the be oldest of the bunch, a big part of his success was because of his rapport with Rodgers, he has an injury history, and frankly.. Given his rapport with Rodgers I doubt he leaves.
Hmmmm...... OK, he’s 32. He’s only played with the Packers so yeah, his success has been with Rogers. He did have an off year last year. Missed 8 games in 9 years.

Jordy carries a $12.5 mil. cap hit in 2018 and they could save $10 mil. cutting him. Considering Cobb isn’t going anywhere at almost $13 mil. and they just signed Adams to a big deal, it’s possible Jordy is odd man out.

Who do you think are other real possibilities?

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hmmmm...... OK, he’s 32. He’s only played with the Packers so yeah, his success has been with Rogers. He did have an off year last year. Missed 8 games in 9 years.

Jordy carries a $12.5 mil. cap hit in 2018 and they could save $10 mil. cutting him. Considering Cobb isn’t going anywhere at almost $13 mil. and they just signed Adams to a big deal, it’s possible Jordy is odd man out.

Who do you think are the real possibilities?
I agree, arod also had a bad year when he was injured a couple yrs ago. I think Jordy Nelson makes Arod better. It works both ways but we have seen Arod without Jordy and it isn’t pretty.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Who do you think are the real possibilities?
Cobb. Whom I'd much rather have even though he's more or less exclusively a slot guy.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Cobb. Whom I'd much rather have even though he's more or less exclusively a slot guy.

Maybe, but he’s much younger and it may be more likely they keep him rather than Jordy. And since he’s younger Randall would want a much longer(read more expensive) deal. I like Cobb, but Nelson seems more of a possibility.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Who do you think are other real possibilities?
I think they are more likely to cut Cobb and extend Nelson, if they have to let one of them go.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Calvin Johnson 2 years(3?) out of football is still better than all our guys combined.

Richardson is who I want. Make it goddam happen Ozzie/DeCosta or whoever the fuck has pull.
I read where he had a bad case of board hands last year. Sounds like it was just last year, but considering the Ravens recent history at WR I’m not sure they make an investment in a guy that may have those issues.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I agree, arod also had a bad year when he was injured a couple yrs ago. I think Jordy Nelson makes Arod better. It works both ways but we have seen Arod without Jordy and it isn’t pretty.

Rodgers was great b4 jordy and once he built a rapport with replacements he was great without Nelson. He will be 33 and he is declining. In my opinion it’s time to quit putting quarters in the merry go round of WRs on the wrong side of 30 with diminishing skills. Nelson can’t run like he could 5 yrs ago. He is going into season 11. We need to Find the next Jordy Nelson. Be it draft or free young agent or trade for a young skilled WRs looking for opportunities to be the No.1. Receivers like Richardson Robinson Marqise. Then some sleepers playing behind high profile WRs and vets like Jeff Janis, Brice Butler, Rashad Higgins looking for opportunity as well.

Brice Butler and Jeff Janis could be the steals. Butler knows he is better than Dez and can run routes but only gets used on deep routes. His catch rate on deep routes is crazy good. He knows he could run routes and catch consistently over the middle if he got opportunity. He is very sudden and smooth and eats up cushion with the best of deep threats. He has skills Perriman could only dream of. He actually has speed, suddenness and fluidity to his routes. And Janis could be the next Jordy Nelson. He has made big plays with monstrous games when he gets opportunity which is only when Cobb Nelson and Adams are hurt. A Marqise Lee with Butler or Janis would be really nice signings.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Thinking Landry will be overpaid by a team with mucho cap $. Lee is a possibility, but another guy that has had some drop issues. Robinson is coming off an ACL, is an unknown at this point, and may not be going anywhere anyway. While Steve says they are committed to finding the cap to be FA players, they aren’t going to mortgage the farm.

Butler? lol Don’t need or want that drama queen.

Jeff Janis is intriguing, a great ST player but at this point an unknown at WR. If the Pack doesn’t pursue him and he’s the right price could be a possibility.

As it stands now the WR FA market is pretty thin, maybe there’s a surprise cut or two that ends up being a prize and not a “Maclin”. Hopefully the Ravens reverse the trend and find a couple of gems in the draft. When you are in need of 3 or 4 guys all at once the task seems impossible. We’ll see what happens.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Rodgers was great b4 jordy and once he built a rapport with replacements he was great without Nelson. He will be 33 and he is declining. In my opinion it’s time to quit putting quarters in the merry go round of WRs on the wrong side of 30 with diminishing skills. Nelson can’t run like he could 5 yrs ago. He is going into season 11. We need to Find the next Jordy Nelson. Be it draft or free young agent or trade for a young skilled WRs looking for opportunities to be the No.1. Receivers like Richardson Robinson Marqise. Then some sleepers playing behind high profile WRs and vets like Jeff Janis, Brice Butler, Rashad Higgins looking for opportunity as well.

Brice Butler and Jeff Janis could be the steals. Butler knows he is better than Dez and can run routes but only gets used on deep routes. His catch rate on deep routes is crazy good. He knows he could run routes and catch consistently over the middle if he got opportunity. He is very sudden and smooth and eats up cushion with the best of deep threats. He has skills Perriman could only dream of. He actually has speed, suddenness and fluidity to his routes. And Janis could be the next Jordy Nelson. He has made big plays with monstrous games when he gets opportunity which is only when Cobb Nelson and Adams are hurt. A Marqise Lee with Butler or Janis would be really nice signings.
I agree, Arod was great before Nelson was drafted in 2008, but I also believe Nelson would do well on other teams. If not now, atleast in his prime. I also believe Butler could be a fit here, but feel he is looking for a team where he can be a starter and if rather have him as a number 3.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Rodgers was great b4 jordy and once he built a rapport with replacements he was great without Nelson.
Rodgers wasn't a starter until his 4th year, same year Nelson was drafted. So, "b4 Jordy"?

Arod is a great QB with or without, but there's no question that Nelson has been one of the main factors, along with a bunch of other "A level" WRs, to his success. He hasn't succeeded playing with unreliable receivers, ever. They have always made sure above all to give him good receivers with good hands.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I agree Arod was great before Nelson was drafted in 2008, but I also believe Nelson would do well on other teams. If not now, atleast in his prime.
While he had a down year in no way do I think he is done. And while he may not be the #1 we seek a half Nelson is better than anything we have. lol