• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Superb Owl

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would be real interesting to see Brady play without BB or BB without Brady.
BB has actually won a lot more than he's lost during the times Brady has been out injured. He's even gotten a ten win season using Matt Cassel. I think he'd likely be fine and still a regular playoff contender.

Brady would probably be successful without BB, but not quite as successful, depending on the HC. Unfortunately, there's only so much a high tier QB can do if he gets saddled with a mediocre or bad HC. Just look at Rodgers. Arguably the better QB (I'd say best in the NFL), and has only had a fraction of Brady's success.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tom Brady is the GOAT without question in my mind. I had previously said that Joe Flacco's best comparison was Nick Foles given the way they had both gone on extraordinary runs but play pathetic football in stretches. People scoffed at me especially the apologists. Now, Nick Foles with the right team has handed Philly a SB title and earned the coveted SB MVP honors. Given how well he throws the ball and the way he sees the field generally speaking I now believe I was too kind to Flacco. Nick Foles may be a lot better.

Pats

Veteran
what's even worse from a pats perspective is i think brady became the first superbowl qb to throw for over 500 yards ever... and lost
from a neutral perspective, it baffles me things like this, like when you watch a closer in baseball give up 6 runs in the 9th when you were leading 5-2. And they get paid handsomely for it.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I was watching the superbowl on the bbc with no ads so i missed this - but im so glad someone mentioned it because this is my new favourite thing... they just look so innocent and happy throughout...

That was the best commercial, imo.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tom Brady is the GOAT without question in my mind. I had previously said that Joe Flacco's best comparison was Nick Foles given the way they had both gone on extraordinary runs but play pathetic football in stretches. People scoffed at me especially the apologists. Now, Nick Foles with the right team has handed Philly a SB title and earned the coveted SB MVP honors. Given how well he throws the ball and the way he sees the field generally speaking I now believe I was too kind to Flacco. Nick Foles may be a lot better.

Foles was ballin'. It was a beautiful thing to see!

Tank

Hall of Famer
How do the pats get receivers so wide open? I mean brady is out there throwing up dying quails while cowering to the ground, only to have a guy standing there waiting to catch it like a fly ball. Other than jump balls to Gronk it seems most of the completions are to a guy with no defender within sight.

Foles played great, but what a fantastic game from his receivers. Aglohor, Torrey and Jeffries all played great and made some tough catches look easy.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
How do the pats get receivers so wide open? I mean brady is out there throwing up dying quails while cowering to the ground, only to have a guy standing there waiting to catch it like a fly ball. Other than jump balls to Gronk it seems most of the completions are to a guy with no defender within sight.

Foles played great, but what a fantastic game from his receivers. Aglohor, Torrey and Jeffries all played great and made some tough catches look easy.
Yeah they do get wide open and not only that, they seem to be able to wait on Brady’s lobs because he does not fire it in to them the way Rodgers would. I don’t know how there is not enough time for the secondary to adjust to the receivers even with the good timing Brady has with his route runners.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Judging from the pictures in Philadelphia you would think the Eagles loss the Super Bowl.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Route concepts, route running, IQ and one of the greatest qbs to play the game. With the qb comes accuracy and being able to dissect coverage. Let's also not forget some uncalled pick plays. Some of those passes looked like for sure ints tho.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Route concepts, route running, IQ and one of the greatest qbs to play the game. With the qb comes accuracy and being able to dissect coverage. Let's also not forget some uncalled pick plays. Some of those passes looked like for sure ints tho.
Accuracy and dissect coverage? What I am talking about has nothing to do with the QB. There are instances where brady throws horrible passes and in spite of that the receiver is so by himself accuracy and/or timing don’t matter. I know it’s route concepts, scheme and receiver execution, but how do they get away with the rubs and picks? Why can’t others get away with it? More rhetorical questions than anything else and goes to further prove any number of QBs could succeed in that offense. Brady has been good, but hardly as good as some want to make him out to be.

Last edited: