• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2022

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This needs to go into #SIIE.
ASAP. Our best chance of finding proper OC.

In a statement released Tuesday, Giants owner John Mara said that “We will hire a general manager and that person will lead the effort to hire a new head coach.”

Ok Offensive Line - Check
Unproductive Receivers - Check
Saquon Barkley - Check
Daniel Jones once ran for a 60+ yard TD - Check

Greg Roman confirmed to be the next Giants Head Coach.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
hortiz and wink combo? Lol

weird that he specifically namechecks sean mcvay there

i wonder how the giants are gonna do this - they got rid of the gm first and then the coach - they've got at least 9 interviews scheduled for the GM job - i wonder if they wait until they've got the new GM in before they hire the HC or whether they try and do it simultaneously

if that is the case then you'd have to think that the GM's gonna have their own ideas of who they might want as their HC

but it would make a lot of sense for the giants if they hire hortiz to take a long look at wink given how hard they looked at him 2 years ago

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
will suck to lose him if he gets the job (and im sure if he doesnt that steve will bump his pay lol) but he's been amazing for this organisation and he deserves the chance to run another organisation because there's basically nowhere left to promote him to now that EDC's the GM
name only. He could become Asst GM

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think it's pretty rare for interim HCs to actually retain their jobs in their current position - and not much success for those coaches who do
he'll get an interview for sure - and i guess if they go on a run then his chances improve but it would be very non-raider-like to give him the job
yes, but it's not like the Raiders have ever fired a coach once getting to the playoffs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Um.... wow so no team is interested in Roman or Wink this offseason? You don't have to wait to interview them either. Teams definitely figured out we were winning because of Lamar, not Roman.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Well tbf, most new coaches are offensive guys. So not super surprised about Wink and there is SOME albeit maybe loose speculation with him and the Giants.

For Roman, he's never been a HC before and he's incredibly unique in his style of offense. Seems like a recipe for disaster tbh to bring him in as HC somewhere. You don't poach OCs to go be OCs elsewhere unless someone is disgruntled which Roman isn't.

So I'm really just no surprised no one is interested in these guys ESPECIALLY Roman. Honestly I'm gonna be more surprised if Harbs doesn't end ties with Roman. Like I know everyone is gonna say but Harbs is loyal and the injuries and etc. All of that is true, but I think John knows the superbowl window is likely the next 2 years and then there will likely be a drop-off. A critical move is required here on offense to take us over the top I think.

Simba

Staff Member

Still think this one is kinda unfair. Knew he was a bridge HC all along but still sad that they brought him in to change the culture and let him go after just 1 year. That culture is not repaired at this point and it was never a 1 year job to do so. There's still work to be done and that's far from a winning team right now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

and another one now lol - i guess jim nagy did have the early scoop on this (and we should have guessed this was happening after they were by-passed for the senior bowl coaching staff)

but that now leaves us with 8 HC vacancies and 3 GM vacancies (i think)

GM:
Vikings
Bears
Giants

HC:
Vikings
Bears
Giants
Texans
Raiders
Jags
Dolphins
Broncos

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Still think this one is kinda unfair. Knew he was a bridge HC all along but still sad that they brought him in to change the culture and let him go after just 1 year. That culture is not repaired at this point and it was never a 1 year job to do so. There's still work to be done and that's far from a winning team right now.

looks like he only had a 2 year contract anyway - basically pre-meditated from last year and especially given all those 1 year deals they gave out last year

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Kind of wild that only Tomlin is the only one atm

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Kind of wild that only Tomlin is the only one atm

Brian Flores won't be on the market long, he'll be back. Reports say the Texans are targeting Flores as their next Head Coach. Though him going to Houston isn't a better situation organization wise either.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
ridiculous and utterly unacceptable

the idea that football is somehow truly a meritocracy has never been more obviously false lol

and also Tomlin's never had a losing season yet it feels like there are people trying to get him fired every year the last few seasons lol

nfl moving backwards not forwards

I dont pay attention to NFL coaching all that much at all. Really only the big names and the teams in the division. Like I personally just don't care what the Jets or the or Jaguars etc coaches are doing.

I can obviously see from the statistic that the race profile is skewed. My question from an someone who has no knowledge because they don't keep up with it, how many Black candidates are being passed on for no reason other than that?

I'm truly making no comment either way. You seem to strongly feel the NFL is moving backwards and I'd like to hear your supporting data because I know you're more knowledgeable and in tune about NFL coaches than I.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

and another one now lol - i guess jim nagy did have the early scoop on this (and we should have guessed this was happening after they were by-passed for the senior bowl coaching staff)

but that now leaves us with 8 HC vacancies and 3 GM vacancies (i think)

GM:
Vikings
Bears
Giants

HC:
Vikings
Bears
Giants
Texans
Raiders
Jags
Dolphins
Broncos

I feel like this is more than most years. Should we add Steelers to the list of GMs? Granted Colbert will be there until the Draft but he will be gone after so kind of hard to assume that won't be finalized soon. I imagine the new GM is on staff even