• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2022

JO_75

Hall of Famer
And Joe Judge has actually been fired. Good on the Giants for making the responsible move.

Smart move by the Giants. It never works having a new GM stuck with the old coach. We are at 6 HC openings by my count. It may be seven if the Texans move on from David Culley or Carolina comes to their senses. Which if both go that would be 8 openings.

Minnesota
Chicago
Denver
Jacksonville
Giants
Miami

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Smart move by the Giants. It never works having a new GM stuck with the old coach. We are at 6 HC openings by my count. It may be seven if the Texans move on from David Culley or Carolina comes to their senses. Which if both go that would be 8 openings.

Minnesota
Chicago
Denver
Jacksonville
Giants
Miami

you forgot vegas so it's 7

6 or 7 is the normal turnover for what it's worth

normally 4 or 5 guessable ones, a few who get given an extra year who probably dont deserve it and a surprise (or 2)

this year's literally about as typical as it gets lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
also it feels weird that the senior bowl didnt tap david culley and the texans staff to coach down there - normally it's the 2 staffs with the highest draft pick with the least amount of coaching turnover who get given the option to go (and i cant imagine a staff that would refuse to go)

just feels like maybe jim nagy has some info that there's still going to be turnover in that staff and offered it to saleh and the jets instead

JO_75

Hall of Famer
you forgot vegas so it's 7

6 or 7 is the normal turnover for what it's worth

normally 4 or 5 guessable ones, a few who get given an extra year who probably dont deserve it and a surprise (or 2)

this year's literally about as typical as it gets lol

Oh yeah kinda forgot since they are in the playoffs. Have to say for everything that team has been through, Rich Bisaccia did a great job keeping the team focused and getting them to the playoffs. It will suck if he doesn't get another shot at being a HC and just goes back to being a special teams coach.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh yeah kinda forgot since they are in the playoffs. Have to say for everything that team has been through, Rich Bisaccia did a great job keeping the team focused and getting them to the playoffs. It will suck if he doesn't get another shot at being a HC and just goes back to being a special teams coach.

i think it's pretty rare for interim HCs to actually retain their jobs in their current position - and not much success for those coaches who do
he'll get an interview for sure - and i guess if they go on a run then his chances improve but it would be very non-raider-like to give him the job

JAAM

Hall of Famer
FUCK!!!!!! Take Roman cowards!!!

JAAM

Hall of Famer

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This needs to go into #SIIE.
ASAP. Our best chance of finding proper OC.

In a statement released Tuesday, Giants owner John Mara said that “We will hire a general manager and that person will lead the effort to hire a new head coach.”