• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
In Minks notes about these OTAs he specifically mentioned Bridges and Bolden again. Could be that he's just talking out of hi ass and parroting Tee Martin from the video or it may be the case that in shorts those two really do stand above the others.

I'm not expecting anything out of these guys but honestly a little disappointed we're not hearing anything positive from either of Polk or Devon.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If we can stay healthy and get a little something extra out of Oweh, the same out of Houston, the same out of Bowser, a little something from Jalyon, Daelin, and Ojabo out defense will be scary.

The interior looks great and the secondary looks great. There's potential at pass rusher but no one who's shown it recently. If these guys step up / McDonald's defense is just better than Winks we may get back to greatness.

Defensive greatness with a strong OL and run game should open up the passing game.

Really excited for this season. The only thing we need to do is avoid MASSIVE injuries

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In Minks notes about these OTAs he specifically mentioned Bridges and Bolden again. Could be that he's just talking out of hi ass and parroting Tee Martin from the video or it may be the case that in shorts those two really do stand above the others.

I'm not expecting anything out of these guys but honestly a little disappointed we're not hearing anything positive from either of Polk or Devon.

zrebiec noted that bridges was doing well too in his notes from yesterday's practice

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
people forget because he only played 4 snaps and was injured the rest of the year, but he dominated the offseason and preseason games last year
Even though i think unlikely but hope it happens….. is our team finally getting fully healthy and back in rhythm late in season for us to make a run.. the unexpected usually happens for teams like that lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lmao sack daddy ain’t gon do shit
Call him Sack Daddy Kruger!

C51AE968-2E68-4D76-BC01-64844EC8233A.png

Simba

Staff Member
I knew nothing about Pepe when we drafted him - but he has an infectious character, is really likeable and has a fun energy
There was a note the other day that David Blackburn, who was just promoted to Director of College Scouting (position formerly held by Hortiz), was the scout that was pounding the table for him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not sure I realized they had a name to it

yeah they had it in peter king's article and then you can see the conversation he had with pepe in the draft room when we picked him in a few places including the draft "wired" episode

but EDC clearly trusts and respects him a lot - blackburn, as you say, literally petitioned for EDC to draft Pepe the morning of day 3 (before the 4th round began) and again in the draft room when the board was thinning at the end of R4 and while day 3 is normally "scouts day", it's a pretty big deal to actually put your faith in someone like that