• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
they should ease him in anyway even if they're not tbh

it's why i think maybe odell could be the guy if we're confident in his recovery... we're not going to be fully healthy to begin the year because we've got so many guys coming off injuries (and just drafted Ojabo too)
Honestly could be a really good idea. Let the young guys get a ton of snaps early in the season. Then infuse the unit with OBJ and whoever was balling out will kepp their spot. The others will get replaced by OBJ.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Even if we are interested in OBJ you can't go into the season with 4 WRs. We'll definitely try to keep a bunch on the PS. I wonder though if the plan is to keep one UDFA on the active roster to start the season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Even if we are interested in OBJ you can't go into the season with 4 WRs. We'll definitely try to keep a bunch on the PS. I wonder though if the plan is to keep one UDFA on the active roster to start the season.

none of them really move the needle tbh

you've either got to play special teams or outright just beat out one of the 3 guys entrenched in the battle for the WR2 spot to have a chance at a roster spot

we'll see what happens when the pads come on

but i'll be shocked if we don't sign someone before week 1 - just might be a cutdown cut rather than julio

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
none of them really move the needle tbh

you've either got to play special teams or outright just beat out one of the 3 guys entrenched in the battle for the WR2 spot to have a chance at a roster spot

we'll see what happens when the pads come on

but i'll be shocked if we don't sign someone before week 1 - just might be a cutdown cut rather than julio
Yeah I wonder if Slayton will actually get cut

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
0C568B59-B5F0-4D92-A7CA-CC51B9E2C1D3.jpeg

You mirin’ brah?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This is probably just nothing whatsoever but I'm pretty sure in basically all the hype videos whenever a tightend is catching a ball it's Likely and not Kolar

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Bruh I still can’t believe we went into this draft with one 1st and one 2nd, and left with Kyle hamilton, Tyler linderbaum, David ojabo, and Travis jones.

That’s four guys who could’ve went in the first round. If any of the first 3 go in the top twenty nobody bats an eye, and if Travis jones goes in the late first pretty everyone would be cool with it. That’s insane.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bruh I still can’t believe we went into this draft with one 1st and one 2nd, and left with Kyle hamilton, Tyler linderbaum, David ojabo, and Travis jones.

That’s four guys who could’ve went in the first round. If any of the first 3 go in the top twenty nobody bats an eye, and if Travis jones goes in the late first pretty everyone would be cool with it. That’s insane.
That is insane!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

How come travis jones fell?

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
How come travis jones fell?
I am sure there is another reason, but position value just like the rest of our guys. On a deeper level, you have to be a talented team with good draft history to have the greenlight to take a nosetackle in the top 2 rounds. That can easily get you fired, but taking the 2nd best NT in the third is how good teams are great teams.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

This draft could end up 'almost' as good as the Saints 2017 draft.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

after those first 4 picks we could have done basically anything and i'd have been happy

but then the 4th round was also awesome lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am sure there is another reason, but position value just like the rest of our guys. On a deeper level, you have to be a talented team with good draft history to have the greenlight to take a nosetackle in the top 2 rounds. That can easily get you fired, but taking the 2nd best NT in the third is how good teams are great teams.
that's the thing. He played every position on the line in college, even 5t. No I don't expect us to use him at 5t, but I absolutely see us rotating him in at 3T and NT.