• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I just want to see Polk get open downfield a little more before I put him firmly in it. He was active in game 1 but it was mostly short stuff with him finding soft spots. Nothing against that by any means but want to see him create separation in a 1 on 1 matchup.
He had one sort of downfield play in game 1 but totally agree with your point.

Simba

Staff Member
He had one sort of downfield play in game 1 but totally agree with your point.
Yeah that was certainly a nice catch but he was blanketed with 0 separation. Just seen that act too many times from a Ravens WR so a little bit more cautious on him. That's a big reason why I have the other 3 above him for now because they at least got open a few times.

For what it's worth I'm not overly impressed by any of them as of now.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yeah that was certainly a nice catch but he was blanketed with 0 separation. Just seen that act too many times from a Ravens WR so a little bit more cautious on him. That's a big reason why I have the other 3 above him for now because they at least got open a few times.

For what it's worth I'm not overly impressed by any of them as of now.
Agreed! Moore has supposedly been the standout in camp but he put up the worst performance in the game. Victor flashed a couple of times but wasn't overly impressive by any means. If I had to make a guess, Harbs probably trusts Moore and Victor more than the rookie UDFAs. And although Moore has supposedly been better in camp, I feel like right now it's Victor's job. I don't think he's got anything close to a tight hold on it, but my guess is based on Harbs' history, Victor is his leading guy right now.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
As a side note, I think Steven Means is making this team. He might not last the whole year especially when Ojabo comes back but something tells me with Bowser yet to be back, Daelin being very blegh so far and Means being a real veteran presence with what looks like some juice left, I think he makes it. Another clue is the fact that they gave him a presser the other day.

Simba

Staff Member
Agreed! Moore has supposedly been the standout in camp but he put up the worst performance in the game. Victor flashed a couple of times but wasn't overly impressive by any means. If I had to make a guess, Harbs probably trusts Moore and Victor more than the rookie UDFAs. And although Moore has supposedly been better in camp, I feel like right now it's Victor's job. I don't think he's got anything close to a tight hold on it, but my guess is based on Harbs' history, Victor is his leading guy right now.
I'm definitely not one that thinks we need a big guy no matter what, but Moore just feels too redundant to the rest right now. Victor is out there on ST as well so that's why I give him the leg up but feel like it could go any direction, including someone not on the team right now.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm definitely not one that thinks we need a big guy no matter what, but Moore just feels too redundant to the rest right now. Victor is out there on ST as well so that's why I give him the leg up but feel like it could go any direction, including someone not on the team right now.
As rossi say though, every day we haven't signed someone else, it probably becomes less likely. I wonder if they're waiting for the final wave of cap casualties.

Simba

Staff Member
As rossi say though, every day we haven't signed someone else, it probably becomes less likely. I wonder if they're waiting for the final wave of cap casualties.
I'd think we're waiting to see what else shakes out. There are some teams with some deep WR rooms. Why sign one of the guys still on the market when there COULD potentially be better options in a couple of weeks? At this point, having someone in the building learning doesn't really matter if they aren't good. Might as well wait it out.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I'd think we're waiting to see what else shakes out. There are some teams with some deep WR rooms. Why sign one of the guys still on the market when there COULD potentially be better options in a couple of weeks? At this point, having someone in the building learning doesn't really matter if they aren't good. Might as well wait it out.
This would be smart. We could probably find someone better on the waiver wire than we have now competing for that last spot.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Harbs had a little slip in his last press conference. When asked about the LG competition he said "Hey, if they're both doing great and they're not separating because they're both doing great, that's really great too."

He doesn't mention exactly who both are, but you know Powers is one of those guys. It would seem that one of the two big country's is not even being considered for the LG spot. OR they're certain they are trading/cutting Powers and both corresponds to the two big country's.

EDIT: Later in the presser he goes on to say that Tyre has been really good, he certainly more of a guard than a tackle, but he gives him credit that he can get you out of a jam if need be and that he is undoubtedly not out of the LG competition. So that means Tyre is one of the "both" mentioned above.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Harbs had a little slip in his last press conference. When asked about the LG competition he said "Hey, if they're both doing great and they're not separating because they're both doing great, that's really great too."

He doesn't mention exactly who both are, but you know Powers is one of those guys. It would seem that one of the two big country's is not even being considered for the LG spot. OR they're certain they are trading/cutting Powers and both corresponds to the two big country's.

EDIT: Later in the presser he goes on to say that Tyre has been really good, he certainly more of a guard than a tackle, but he gives him credit that he can get you out of a jam if need be and that he is undoubtedly not out of the LG competition. So that means Tyre is one of the "both" mentioned above.
On the first depth chart, Cleveland was listed only as a backup RG. Tyre must be the second guy.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If Tyre and Powers were playing about equal, would you give Tyre the start knowing he's on your team next year? Or do you try and get a comp pick out of Powers? The latter seems kinda dumb to me.

If Tyre and Powers were playing about equal, would you give Tyre the start knowing he's on your team next year? Or do you try and get a comp pick out of Powers? The latter seems kinda dumb to me.

Start Tyre, trade powers to clear money and get a late round pick to offset when we trade a mid round pick for a WR mid season

rossihunter2

Staff Member
"You’d prefer seeing a roster hopeful build on a standout preseason game with strong practices, but it’s been an underwhelming week for Shemar Bridges. Though several rookie receivers have flashed at various times this summer, I’m not sure any have built an overly convincing case beyond the Ravens needing bodies."

Luke Jones

Zrebiec said something similar in his latest article - bridges has not stacked good practices on that 1st preseason game

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Doesn't Moore provide the ability to take the top off the defense with his speed though? Not saying he's that legit deep threat but I thought he was considered a speedy receiver somewhat

Simba

Staff Member
Doesn't Moore provide the ability to take the top off the defense with his speed though? Not saying he's that legit deep threat but I thought he was considered a speedy receiver somewhat
He’s more quick than fast to me. More of a slot guy who can operate outside than the alternative