• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I don't know why he would, and he already said he wouldn't.

That being said, he probably is a tad underpaid, though he's a kicker, so its immaterial amounts to begin with. He's due $3.5M this year, which has him as the #11 paid kicker in terms of cash this year. He does, however, have the highest cap hit of any kicker in the league this year.

With two years left on this deal, its possible they extend him anyway (though I doubt that happens until next offseason). But like even if he's lobbying for a pay raise, it'll almost certainly only lower his cap hit, and we're talking small potatoes anyway.
I was looking at spotrac and I'd say he's due for a raise based on his $3.5M salary for this year. He averages $5M a year, more than any Kicker and still has the most guaranteed money of all Kickers.

I think we may be looking at something like 5 years/$33M-$35M with $15M guaranteed for his next contract. Something in the $6M-7M per year range in his next contract and I'd give him that in a heartbeat, he's earned it.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Making up my own stats lol

ReceiverOffensive SnapsSnaps/CatchYards/Snap
Hollywood92410.151.09
Bateman60413.130.85
Duvernay60318.270.45
Watkins45816.960.86
Proche21213.250.95
Wallace8442.000.27

ReceiverPFF Grade
Hollywood68.6
Proche66.9
Watkins66.3
Bateman64.9
Duvernay55.7
Wallace55.5

So I personally, by the eye test have been saying that Proche has been our best receiver not named Hollywood or Bateman. I think this shows that pretty clearly he's been the most efficient of the depth guys. Duvernay was our least efficient depth guy outside of Wallace who was inactive the whole year practically.

For reference an elite receiver in a heavily passing offense, Cooper Kupp would have a catch every 7.06 snaps and nets 1.9 yards per snap. (PFF grade of 92.3. Pretty remarkable honestly.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Making up my own stats lol

ReceiverOffensive SnapsSnaps/CatchYards/Snap
Hollywood92410.151.09
Bateman60413.130.85
Duvernay60318.270.45
Watkins45816.960.86
Proche21213.250.95
Wallace8442.000.27

ReceiverPFF Grade
Hollywood68.6
Proche66.9
Watkins66.3
Bateman64.9
Duvernay55.7
Wallace55.5

So I personally, by the eye test have been saying that Proche has been our best receiver not named Hollywood or Bateman. I think this shows that pretty clearly he's been the most efficient of the depth guys. Duvernay was our least efficient depth guy outside of Wallace who was inactive the whole year practically.
I agree. What I truly don't understand is after having a game where he had 7 catches on 8 targets that he didn't play again. We ended up playing Wallace in the remaining games, where we truly could have used Proche's slot ability in those final games.

Reactions: cdp

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I agree. What I truly don't understand is after having a game where he had 7 catches on 8 targets that he didn't play again. We ended up playing Wallace in the remaining games, where we truly could have used Proche's slot ability in those final games.
I hear you. If your efficiency is bad, you better be making up for it with big chunk plays. Duvernay really dissapoimts in both areas. I think Wallace may have just been given a shot to get acclimated because they knew he'd be playing more this up coming year.

If Proche is winning every day in practice and is currently basically tied with Bateman in terms of efficiency at the top I don't see why he shouldn't be the incumbent slot guy. (I know Proche isn't lining up against the same quality corners Bateman is nor am I saying he's even close to as good as Bateman. Just that he's better than the others)

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
It was mainly a numbers game.He is the back up punt and kick returner but he wasn't a better gunner than guys like Boykin and Wallace. The Ravens also had other receivers that could play in the slot such as Bateman, Hollywood, Watkins and Duvernay. Just wasn't enough room for Proche to shine or be active on most game days

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was looking at spotrac and I'd say he's due for a raise based on his $3.5M salary for this year. He averages $5M a year, more than any Kicker and still has the most guaranteed money of all Kickers.

I think we may be looking at something like 5 years/$33M-$35M with $15M guaranteed for his next contract. Something in the $6M-7M per year range in his next contract and I'd give him that in a heartbeat, he's earned it.
I mean maybe, BUT, he's making the same thing this year that he made in 2020 and 2021.

The average contract value kind of doesn't matter, because like most, he got a lot of his money up front in the form of a signing bonus. He made $9M in 2019, which is a ton for a kicker. Also note that in terms of AAV, he's still the highest paid kicker in the league at $5M average, and he had the most guaranteed money of any kicker in the league. So there's really not much to complain about.

Ultimately there's no indication from Tucker, the Ravens, or anybody in his camp that he's concerned with his contract at all, so its probably much ado about nothing.

He'll likely get extended next offseason with one year left on his deal.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Note from Hortiz on Brandon Stephens. You feel good matching him up in man. He's really versatile and can play anywhere in the secondary.

I think that indicates we're gonna see Stephens do a lot of different stuff this year. Excited and happy for the guy

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m interested in seeing what happens with Bolden. I like him and I think he could catch on here

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I'm trying say I don't think he should be though. He's a real route runner with good hands. He's just not super athletic. But out of the slot I think he's gonna be fine.
After, Bateman, I think in the long run, he will emerge as WR #2. He will have to out of necessity and I believe he's up to the task.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm trying say I don't think he should be though. He's a real route runner with good hands. He's just not super athletic. But out of the slot I think he's gonna be fine.
Think he'd be getting more attention if he were 6'1 or 6'2. Liked what he showed last year and expect him to just keep getting better. Seems like he caught everything thrown his way.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It was mainly a numbers game.He is the back up punt and kick returner but he wasn't a better gunner than guys like Boykin and Wallace. The Ravens also had other receivers that could play in the slot such as Bateman, Hollywood, Watkins and Duvernay. Just wasn't enough room for Proche to shine or be active on most game days
imo, just sends the wrong message when he just had the best game of his career. He can play special teams, but it is true Boykin and Wallace are better gunners. He should get that opportunity this season. I see a 500 yard receiver in him, just playing from the slot and that shouldn't be too hard to project.