• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Harbs finished his presser asked about Faalele and how developmental he is and Harbs said he's expecting Faalele to play football for us this year

the emphatic way he said it surprised me a little
Maybe he thinks he can beat out Moses? Maybe there's some absolute craziness that makes no sense like KZ goes to LG and Faalale in at RG?

I just don't see how Faalele is playing meaningful football for us barring injury

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Maybe he thinks he can beat out Moses? Maybe there's some absolute craziness that makes no sense like KZ goes to LG and Faalale in at RG?

I just don't see how Faalele is playing meaningful football for us barring injury

i agree - which is why i noted it because it was a little surprising
but maybe he just means like as a 6th OL to come in on the goal-line or in short-yardage and just cave in one side of the line with downblocks etc.

i guess i just wasnt expecting Faalele to even be active because he's (to me at least) a tackle only prospect

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
but maybe he just means like as a 6th OL to come in on the goal-line or in short-yardage and just cave in one side of the line with downblocks etc.

i guess i just wasnt expecting Faalele to even be active because he's (to me at least) a tackle only prospect
Yeah could definitely be the goal line stuff. He was pretty interesting in that way at Minnesota

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Maybe Harbs just giving him false hope so he practices his ass off? I’ll be surprise if he beats out Moses

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That is absurd. Especially the part about Travis jones having good measurables and bad tape, and about Kyle hamilton being slow.

This is an all time bad take, like holy shit
wonder what tape he was watching, because the film I saw he looked very good.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'm thinking they bring him in on short yardage situations as a 6th lineman. Just imagine having him in the TE spot and Pat Ricard as the FB on the same side.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm thinking they bring him in on short yardage situations as a 6th lineman. Just imagine having him in the TE spot and Pat Ricard as the FB on the same side.

Jumbo. 4th down, QB draw.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Doesn’t have to be meaningful as in snap count but you absolutely know there’s gonna be Roman specific packages with an unbalanced line where raw length makes the difference on the backside, or raw power makes the difference on the play side. Faalele is the kind of guy you create those plays for, and it wouldn’t be anything new for Roman either

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would be crazy

anything that involves a downblock from faalele with ricard pulling across from the other side of the formation with the LG also pulling is gonna be devastating

you run right behind moses and faalele with boyle getting a kick out and then have ricard and whoever wins the LG job pulling and probably gus edwards lead-blocking for lamar and tell me there's a LB or DB who can stop us getting a yard if we want it in that scenario lol... because there sure as hell isnt a DL who's going to penetrate the 700lbs of mass on that faalele-moses double-team

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Doesn’t have to be meaningful as in snap count but you absolutely know there’s gonna be Roman specific packages with an unbalanced line where raw length makes the difference on the backside, or raw power makes the difference on the play side. Faalele is the kind of guy you create those plays for, and it wouldn’t be anything new for Roman either
Love it!!!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
anything that involves a downblock from faalele with ricard pulling across from the other side of the formation with the LG also pulling is gonna be devastating

you run right behind moses and faalele with boyle getting a kick out and then have ricard and whoever wins the LG job pulling and probably gus edwards lead-blocking for lamar and tell me there's a LB or DB who can stop us getting a yard if we want it in that scenario lol... because there sure as hell isnt a DL who's going to penetrate the 700lbs of mass on that faalele-moses double-team
700 pounds of mass. Lol but you're right. This team is gonna get back to being dominant on the ground if it can stay healthy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
really nice podcast from Peter King. From approximately 30 mins into the podcast he discusses the Ravens 4th round