• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Playoffs Discuscussion

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In 2019, the Bengals & Dolphins faced off in a game that would be described as "Tank Bowl." We all knew Miami was tanking after they cut/traded players away before and during the season. Unfortunately, the Bengals were just a awful team and were also in the hunt for the first pick in 2020. Bengals QB Andy Dalton led a comeback and the game went to OT... Miami would go on to win the game securing the first overall pick and eventually Joe Burrow for the Bengals. If the Bengals won, the Washington Football team would have secured the first overall pick placing Joe Burrow in the NFC East with the Bengals having the second overall pick.

So we have to deal with Burrow all because Miami couldn't properly tank.

ill take it a step further - a year later the bengals end up with the 5th pick in the draft after burrow gets injured and they take jamarr chase (who many thought the dolphins wanted) 1 pick ahead of the dolphins who traded up to 6 and got waddle instead - if burrow doesnt have a season ending injury last year... he and chase never get to play together

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
19CF89A2-9900-4A75-8983-A83CDF88062A.jpeg

How many super bowl will Mahomes and this chiefs “dynasty” win? Lol

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
In 2019, the Bengals & Dolphins faced off in a game that would be described as "Tank Bowl." We all knew Miami was tanking after they cut/traded players away before and during the season. Unfortunately, the Bengals were just a awful team and were also in the hunt for the first pick in 2020. Bengals QB Andy Dalton led a comeback and the game went to OT... Miami would go on to win the game securing the first overall pick and eventually Joe Burrow for the Bengals. If the Bengals won, the Washington Football team would have secured the first overall pick placing Joe Burrow in the NFC East with the Bengals having the second overall pick.

So we have to deal with Burrow all because Miami couldn't properly tank.

ill take it a step further - a year later the bengals end up with the 5th pick in the draft after burrow gets injured and they take jamarr chase (who many thought the dolphins wanted) 1 pick ahead of the dolphins who traded up to 6 and got waddle instead - if burrow doesnt have a season ending injury last year... he and chase never get to play together

yep I remember watching that game, I wanted the Bengals to win badly. Miami probably would of still drafted Tua because they’re incompetent lol. And yes, I make the point all the time that the Bengals picked the right years to suck, they’re so lucky.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So are we all Rams fans now?

Rams winning is going to be double win. Bengals loses, while browns see OBJ winning lol

Man, we were all Raiders fans, then Titans fans, and recently Chiefs fans. How'd all of that work for us? At some point, we may have to stop fighting it and just embrace it. The Bengals have a young team and they are for real! :cool:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man, we were all Raiders fans, then Titans fans, and recently Chiefs fans. How'd all of that work for us? At some point, we may have to stop fighting it and just embrace it. The Bengals have a young team and they are for real! :cool:

I don't know who we is because my distaste for the Titans knows no bounds.

I love everything about Joe Burrow. It's just hard because of some of the characters they have on defense calling out our QB who was out with an injury.

Hopefully this serves as a wake up call to Lamar and Co

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know who we is because my distaste for the Titans knows no bounds.
I love everything about Joe Burrow. It's just hard because of some of the characters they have on defense calling out our QB who was out with an injury. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call to Lamar and Co

Well, the "we" (I believe) is most Ravens fans. Lol! It's like the statement; "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I dislike the Titans as well BUT wanted them, the Raiders, and the Chiefs to drop the benGALS but to no avail. You are right, I hope this serves as a wake-up call for De Costa, Harbaugh, our O.C., D.C., and definitely Lamar and company. It has been sickening to watch all of these playoff games with no Ravens team involved.

Oh! And, I agree with you on Joe Burrow. Man, I love that cat's swagger! :cool:
FKaKSEfXwAEwPYl

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, the "we" (I believe) is most Ravens fans. Lol! It's like the statement; "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I dislike the Titans as well BUT wanted them, the Raiders, and the Chiefs to drop the benGALS but to no avail. You are right, I hope this serves as a wake-up call for De Costa, Harbaugh, our O.C., D.C., and definitely Lamar and company. It has been sickening to watch all of these playoff games with no Ravens team involved.

Oh! And, I agree with you on Joe Burrow. Man, I love that cat's swagger! :cool:
FKaKSEfXwAEwPYl

I need cocky Lamar back lol

marklar

Pro Bowler
Machokes should focus on selling sneakers, just like Matt Elam before him

....don't take me seriously though

JO_75

Hall of Famer

lol weddle wearing the green dot means he's basically guaranteed to play 100% of the snaps lol

i so want him to win haha

I don't care what happens as long as the Rams win I'm fine with whatever lol. I'll be happy for Stafford to finally get a ring after being drowned in Detroit for so many years. Weddle coming back is just a bonus that he'll get a ring too.

I already hate that Burrow has the Bengals in the Super Bowl before we got there with Lamar, them winning one before we do with Lamar is something that will take a long time to get over.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I hope it's a blowout either way. If the Bengals blow out the Rams, it'll give me a good excuse to not continue watching it. If vice versa, well, I'll be enjoying every second.

Which will make complete sense now that it'll go down to the wire.