• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It would be ill if Creed 2 ended with a Drago Jr killing Creed Jr in the first round. Sets up Rocky returning to the ring to fight Adonis' baby. Then baby Creed fights Android Rocky to avenge his father and grandfather. Baby Creed is victorious to be challenged to a MMA fight with current heavyweight champ, Clubber Lang III.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It would be ill if Creed 2 ended with a Drago Jr killing Creed Jr in the first round. Sets up Rocky returning to the ring to fight Adonis' baby. Then baby Creed fights Android Rocky to avenge his father and grandfather. Baby Creed is victorious to be challenged to a MMA fight with current heavyweight champ, Clubber Lang III.
I’m just mad that Creed from The Office isn’t the main star

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
As promised, the poster:
vCpRvEF.jpg

Sorry about the weird items holding it down, it had a tendency to fold up.

And for reference, a normal sized crockpot

gqZ0CtX.jpg

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Or if Creed Jr kill Drago Jr. Then Drago vs Rocky 2

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Well. It was certainly very different from the first one for sure. Good though, I hope they get the funding for the tv series they want to make
Any links for that? I dont think that would do too well sadly. The first one is still a movie that ill highly tout.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Summer of '84 was a cool nostalgic movie about neighbor hood friends trying to catch a serial killer in their town. It was better than i thought it would be.

The First- Sean Penn and the first manned mission to Mars that shows the personal side of astronauts. Very good, slow, but worth it

Logan Lucky, Baby Driver , American Animals - All heist movies that have their own kind of style, very cool movies.

The Lost City of Z is a true story about a explorer from the 1920s. I love stuff about exploration, but dont know too many movies like

Mother! um...........i have no idea what i watched.

Castle Rock was pretty damn good from Hulu. I recommend it if you like Stephen King stuff

What Dreams May Come - somehow i forgot to mention this gem. Such a deep movie and somehow i always forget about it

Downsizing - terrible terrible terrible

The Shack- something i have been wanting to watch, just havent gotten around to it. Man gets an invitation to meet god

Collateral Beauty- Has anyone watched this, with Will Smith. I really would like an opinion on this

Unsane was a crazy thriller, i recommend

You Were Never Really Here- I need to watch it again, i remember it not living up to my expectations, but i was also drunk

The Staircase- Has anyone else seen this documentary murder mystery? Extremely interesting.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Summer of '84 was a cool nostalgic movie about neighbor hood friends trying to catch a serial killer in their town. It was better than i thought it would be.

The First- Sean Penn and the first manned mission to Mars that shows the personal side of astronauts. Very good, slow, but worth it

Logan Lucky, Baby Driver , American Animals - All heist movies that have their own kind of style, very cool movies.

The Lost City of Z is a true story about a explorer from the 1920s. I love stuff about exploration, but dont know too many movies like

Mother! um...........i have no idea what i watched.

Castle Rock was pretty damn good from Hulu. I recommend it if you like Stephen King stuff

What Dreams May Come - somehow i forgot to mention this gem. Such a deep movie and somehow i always forget about it

Downsizing - terrible terrible terrible

The Shack- something i have been wanting to watch, just havent gotten around to it. Man gets an invitation to meet god

Collateral Beauty- Has anyone watched this, with Will Smith. I really would like an opinion on this

Unsane was a crazy thriller, i recommend

You Were Never Really Here- I need to watch it again, i remember it not living up to my expectations, but i was also drunk

The Staircase- Has anyone else seen this documentary murder mystery? Extremely interesting.

the first and you were never really here are both on my list to watch soon

logan lucky is so fun - im really sad that it didnt do great box office numbers because steven soderbergh is a great director who's disillusioned with the hollywood system but i love the movies he makes within that system - logan lucky was the closest thing we'll get to another soderburgh oceans movie (and i love oceans 11, 12 and 13 - i also really enjoyed oceans 8 but that was from a different director)

i like edgar wright, in fact i love the cornetto trilogy but im noticing writing choices he's consistently made through his films that havent improved and its disappointing - he's got an incredible eye, rhythm and style but i thought baby driver was a let down for what i thought and hoped it would be - the first 15 minutes are genius but then it devolves into a fairly generic heist movie type deal but with a gimmick but less interesting characters

unsane is actually steven soderbergh's response to the failure of logan lucky ironically - the iphone filming thing im not sure i like because it felt gimmicky and i wasnt the biggest fan of it but i respected the attempt - it's crazy that they shot the entire feature on an iphone

collateral beauty when i first saw a trailer for it i genuinely thought it was a joke youtube parody or something - but no its real and its apparently exactly what it marketed itself as - i find it crazy that anyone ever greenlit a film like that - i havent seen it but from what i have seen and read it's worth a skip

im currently watching the chilling adventures of sabrina (nearly finished) - for anyone who liked shows like stranger things i would recommend (it starts off entertaining and kind of cool and then twists so crazily in tone towards the end of the series ive got whiplash - it goes surprisingly dark)

also if anyone was inclined to watch the jack ryan series - dont have high expectations - fairly rote plotting that's enjoyable enough but its a fairly run of the mill story, some fairly non-descript character beats and predictable/cliche writing - it's fine and is watchable and well made but ultimately i was kinda disappointed with it - i really liked all the jack ryan films ive seen (which is all of them except the chris pine one) and i even liked the sum of all fears (the ben affleck one) but the series felt like it was missing something

usmccharles

Practice Squad
logan lucky is so fun - im really sad that it didnt do great box office numbers because steven soderbergh is a great director who's disillusioned with the hollywood system but i love the movies he makes within that system - logan lucky was the closest thing we'll get to another soderburgh oceans movie (and i love oceans 11, 12 and 13 - i also really enjoyed oceans 8 but that was from a different director)

also if anyone was inclined to watch the jack ryan series - dont have high expectations - fairly rote plotting that's enjoyable enough but its a fairly run of the mill story, some fairly non-descript character beats and predictable/cliche writing - it's fine and is watchable and well made but ultimately i was kinda disappointed with it - i really liked all the jack ryan films ive seen (which is all of them except the chris pine one) and i even liked the sum of all fears (the ben affleck one) but the series felt like it was missing something

If you liked Logan Lucky, give American Animals a shot. It is shot in a way i have seen before and made for an interesting watch. Also a true story.

I actually enjoyed Jack Ryan. I didnt have high expectations at all so maybe thats why. I would recommend but at the same time i do agree that it was missing something that i cant put my finger on. Maybe not enough gritty if that makes sense, i dont know.

Pirates of Somalia is worth the watch in my opinion and obviously a true story. I really liked it. Made me want to go do something with my life, kind of like Yes Man and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

You are the only other person that ive talked to that loves Cloud Atlas. I gush over that movie all the time and recommend with a lot of disclaimers.

Side note, watching the Talk about Kevin movie right now

usmccharles

Practice Squad
We Need to Talk about Kevin (I'm not sure I can ever watch this again - it's an incredible film if you havent seen it but it's horrible)

Crazy movie. I liked it, but i woudnt watch it again either. Maybe not for the same reason as you, certain movies i think you can only watch once after you know what the climax is, Good example for me is Shutter Island. I enjoy messed up movies and that was a good one. Girl on a Train is another and Rampage are two more that are pretty messed up.

Bout to watch Operation Odessa

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Any links for that? I dont think that would do too well sadly. The first one is still a movie that ill highly tout.
I don’t have any specific sources, but they do say at the end of the movie that they left the ending open for a continuation

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If you liked Logan Lucky, give American Animals a shot. It is shot in a way i have seen before and made for an interesting watch. Also a true story.

I actually enjoyed Jack Ryan. I didnt have high expectations at all so maybe thats why. I would recommend but at the same time i do agree that it was missing something that i cant put my finger on. Maybe not enough gritty if that makes sense, i dont know.

Pirates of Somalia is worth the watch in my opinion and obviously a true story. I really liked it. Made me want to go do something with my life, kind of like Yes Man and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

You are the only other person that ive talked to that loves Cloud Atlas. I gush over that movie all the time and recommend with a lot of disclaimers.

Side note, watching the Talk about Kevin movie right now

for my university course i did an self-chosen 10000 word dissertation on cloud atlas lol - i spent 3 years trying to find an excuse to write an essay on it - when i did some timekeyed notes on observations on the film i actually took about 10 hours to watch the film because i paused every time i had to make a note - i had maybe 30 pages of handwritten notes lol - and you know what i still enjoyed the film when i watched it that way

i think the thing about jack ryan for me is that it felt like it could have been any random show about any random person - it felt a bit like a souped up version of NCIS but based on the CIA with a bigger budget - it was basically a procedural crime drama about terrorism with a random analyst who could have been literally anyone - and it also had one of the most pointless and boring subplots in any series of tv i can remember with the drone pilot (what's even the point of his arc?) which i think maybe rubbed me the wrong way enough that i was set against it

american animals sounds interesting - ill have to watch it fairly soon

usmccharles

Practice Squad
for my university course i did an self-chosen 10000 word dissertation on cloud atlas lol - i spent 3 years trying to find an excuse to write an essay on it - when i did some timekeyed notes on observations on the film i actually took about 10 hours to watch the film because i paused every time i had to make a note - i had maybe 30 pages of handwritten notes lol - and you know what i still enjoyed the film when i watched it that way

That would be an interesting read. I havent watched it in awhile, may be time for another watch.