• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

usmccharles

Practice Squad
yeah its a weird genre - i love those kinds of films and media - its a hard one to find - often the best examples are things like Indiana Jones, or even more monsters-y stuff like King Kong lol

you have to dive deep to find some

Werner Herzog's Aguirre, the Wrath of God (i havent seen it but ive heard its an epic about attempts to find el dorado)
Master and Commander maybe...
Kon-Tiki (again i havent seen it but it sounds like it might be not dissimilar)

its a really hard niche to pin down

a lot of modern explorery adventure films focus on space now because of how much we know about our own planet at this point - in fact i kind of enjoyed the stupid but interesting sci-fi pivot back to the bottom of the ocean in The Meg this year because of how its so vast that its not fully discovered (albeit the premise of the meg is unfeasible and illogical - but i loved watching that film)
My bad, must of skipped right over it.

Yea Indiana Jones and King Kong are fun, cant wait for Kong vs Godzilla. The Meg was cool for the science part of it, im a nerd when it comes to that stuff. Ill give those a look and let ya know. Watching Mandy right now. Very weird.

If you think of more let me know.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My bad, must of skipped right over it.

Yea Indiana Jones and King Kong are fun, cant wait for Kong vs Godzilla. The Meg was cool for the science part of it, im a nerd when it comes to that stuff. Ill give those a look and let ya know. Watching Mandy right now. Very weird.

If you think of more let me know.

yeah i was literally just reading about mandy on twitter - not sure if its my bag - will be interested to see what you make of it

i think im more interested in the Godzilla: King of the Monsters - the movie may end up being rubbish but the first trailer for it was utterly stunning (and interestingly had a direct cinematic tie to oceans 11 through visual and aural imagery lol)

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
In case anyone's wondering what I want for christmas...

iu

usmccharles

Practice Squad
First Man- meh. To me it was nothing special, i was hoping for something more from one of the greatest events in human history.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
i watched sorry to bother you - that is a weird but brilliant film - unapologetically anti-capitalist and weird - just got absolutely snubbed by the golden globes

probably one of my top 3 films of the year up there with widows and MI: Fallout
It was awesome. Definitely the weirdest twist i have prolly ever seen

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Watching Django right now, i absolutely love this movie and honestly, it is my favorite Tarantino film. No order-

Inglorious Basterds
Resevoir Dogs
Hateful Eight
Pulp Fiction (i have the wallet)
True Romance
Natural Born Killers
Kill Bill (the superman disguise talk is absolutely fantastic)

Very intrigued to see what he does with a Star Trek movie

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Watching Django right now, i absolutely love this movie and honestly, it is my favorite Tarantino film. No order-

Inglorious Basterds
Resevoir Dogs
Hateful Eight
Pulp Fiction (i have the wallet)
True Romance
Natural Born Killers
Kill Bill (the superman disguise talk is absolutely fantastic)

Very intrigued to see what he does with a Star Trek movie

I’m interested in his Star Trek because I want to see him do something new and interesting - as great and well executed as all his films are - his filmography doesn’t exactly showcase a huge amount of variety and all are effective based off very similar structural principles (if not actually being structurally similar)

redrum52

Hall of Famer
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect trailer. Nothing really shown or revealed except for Scott getting out. Truth is, I wish there wasn't a trailer, just a release date teaser.

BUT as a fan you want all the trailers. Nice that the movie was moved to April again.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Perfect trailer. Nothing really shown or revealed except for Scott getting out. Truth is, I wish there wasn't a trailer, just a release date teaser.

BUT as a fan you want all the trailers. Nice that the movie was moved to April again.
Yeah, I don't plan on watching a 2nd trailer. The first one is enough for me. Same for Captain Marvel. I watched the first trailer, but now I want to go in knowing as little as possible.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
OK im not a big super hero movie guy, but can someone explain to me how they could beat Thanos, when all he does is snap his fingers and apparently the world dies? Is there some secret stone someone where else or something?