• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
It’s kinda out of left field but Emily Blunt’s Mary Poppins May have been my favorite performance of 2018...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly she should have an Oscar by now for something. She deserves it more than most

her performance in Sicario is genuinely brilliant - less showy than Del Toro and Brolin but probably better - and it carries the entire film
alternatively she's awesome in edge of tomorrow but that film was never gonna win any awards for anything for some reason

she doesnt do a huge amount of awards-aimed roles though tbh

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
her performance in Sicario is genuinely brilliant - less showy than Del Toro and Brolin but probably better - and it carries the entire film
alternatively she's awesome in edge of tomorrow but that film was never gonna win any awards for anything for some reason

she doesnt do a huge amount of awards-aimed roles though tbh

She was great in Sicario, for sure. I also really liked her role in Looper (underrated movie IMO) in which she played the mother to that kid with powers. lol

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
was just going to post this:

based on the trailer alone this is going to be one of the top 2-3 best looking films of the year - it's aesthetically beautiful - getting serious skyfall/roger deakins vibes

The last one was a good looking movie in its own right, but they seem to have stepped it up a notch. I'll be shocked if this movie doesn't end up being one of my faves of the year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The last one was a good looking move in its own right, but they seem to have stepped it up a notch. I'll be shocked if this movie doesn't end up being one of my faves of the year.

it's the same DP as john wick 2 which is cool and he's worked on the last 2 guillermo del toro films which are always visually interesting and he's also very specifically a cinematographer who doesn't like shooting in low light which is what a lot of action films do to hide poor action or help create a "mood"

he was oscar nominated for shape of water for a reason - he embraces colour and lighting in a way that makes him one of the best in his craft

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea.. the movies are usually very well done. The new style fit and was real smooth. The actual fight "choreography"... um. Whatever the hell you call it an anime were creative as well. Vegeta is a goddam brute.

It was awesome to see Vegeta whoop some ass, for once. lol