• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Honestly taking a shot at Dissly because he's been talked up by several sources, including surprisingly cracking Mike Mayock's Top 5 TE list. That said, I'm more excited about Ross Dwelley. Chances are that nobody else is aware of him. And the only segment of tape I came across was an extended highlight reel, but it was impressive. His workout numbers were absolutely abysmal, but he looks better than that on tape. Here's a link for anyone interested (Link).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Honestly taking a shot at Dissly because he's been talked up by several sources, including surprisingly cracking Mike Mayock's Top 5 TE list. That said, I'm more excited about Ross Dwelley. Chances are that nobody else is aware of him. And the only segment of tape I came across was an extended highlight reel, but it was impressive. His workout numbers were absolutely abysmal, but he looks better than that on tape. Here's a link for anyone interested (Link).
dude plays faster than his 40 time and seems to jump higher than his vertical. Like how he high points the ball and sees to catch everything. Of course these are highlights, so you have to take that with a grain of salt, but getting him here looks like a nice signing. As for Dissly, surprised he made it this far.

Simba

Staff Member
Tremon Smith is an intriguing prospect. Obviously, the lower level of competition has to be taken into account but the guy knows how to turn his head and find the ball, and has 15 career INTs to show for it. He gets caught on the double move but has the speed to rebound when he's beaten. At his size, he's most likely going to be playing the slot, but I think there's a lot to like as a UDFA. As of last week, Smith was booked for a workout or visit every single day leading up to the draft.

Daurice Fountain has caught some strong wind and I had the time to look at the tape and I see why. The guy is incredibly raw but his ability to get up and high point the ball is fantastic. His QB play was atrocious for a deep threat receiver, so I had to factor that into my evaluation as well. I highly doubt I'll like where he gets drafted in real life, but as a UDFA, I see plenty to work with.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Tremon Smith is an intriguing prospect. Obviously, the lower level of competition has to be taken into account but the guy knows how to turn his head and find the ball, and has 15 career INTs to show for it. He gets caught on the double move but has the speed to rebound when he's beaten. At his size, he's most likely going to be playing the slot, but I think there's a lot to like as a UDFA. As of last week, Smith was booked for a workout or visit every single day leading up to the draft.

Daurice Fountain has caught some strong wind and I had the time to look at the tape and I see why. The guy is incredibly raw but his ability to get up and high point the ball is fantastic. His QB play was atrocious for a deep threat receiver, so I had to factor that into my evaluation as well. I highly doubt I'll like where he gets drafted in real life, but as a UDFA, I see plenty to work with.
had both players on my board. I doubt Fountain makes it to UDFAs in the real draft. Will most likely be taken in the 6th or 7th round.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just as emphasis, since we can sign 3 players from here on out, make sure you have the available space for players to be signed.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
...and he hasn't been online since Thursday
tenor.gif

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
My bad for taken so long. I got caught up in the community festival and taking care of my grandfather as well. I haven't back out of the udfa market and plan to make sure my picks are in sooner .