• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My bad for taken so long. I got caught up in the community festival and taking care of my grandfather as well. I haven't back out of the udfa market and plan to make sure my picks are in sooner .
hope your grandfather gets better. Understand taking care of a parent. My mother has Alzheimers.

Simba

Staff Member
Well, maybe another skip coming which is sad. Vikings were online an hour after the last pick, too. @jboy19 you're up in about an hour and 20 minutes.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Well, maybe another skip coming which is sad. Vikings were online an hour after the last pick, too. @jboy19 you're up in about an hour and 20 minutes.
Are the Vikings on autoskip? The big board says they missed their 2nd round picks.

Simba

Staff Member
David Wells is pretty much solely a blocking TE, but he's a pretty good one. It was funny watching the tape I could find since his first route run showed up just before the midway point of the video.

Matt Gono is out of tiny D3 Wesley but absolutely dominated the competition. He's booked a lot of workouts with teams and looks poised to transition inside at the NFL level.

Foye Oluokun was a do-it-all guy for Yale, playing LB, S, and CB. His workout numbers were insane and I think he'll project well as a ST guy. The guy is a hitter and looks more comfortable as a LBer.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thank you and sorry to hear that about your mom. My grand father has dementia so he's not going to get better but some day's are better than others though.
Yes agree. Somedays are better than others. Thank god for long term care insurance and a care taker that is an amazing. If it weren't for her, my dad would be stuck in the house all the time. My parents have been married for 65 years, it's heartbreaking watching her like this.

Simba

Staff Member
Really like the Bilal Nichols pickup. Think he's more of a run stuffer than pass rusher, which is why I went PJ Hall in the 7th, but Nichols was under consideration. Think he's a solid rotational piece.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Yes agree. Somedays are better than others. Thank god for long term care insurance and a care taker that is an amazing. If it weren't for her, my dad would be stuck in the house all the time. My parents have been married for 65 years, it's heartbreaking watching her like this.

Wow 65 years is a blessing. I'm not even married but I hope i'm married that long to my wife to be . I definitely understand the heart breaking part and even frustration if it gets to that point.I try not to focus too much on the sadness and frustration but focus more on doing my part and that's just showing my grand dad as much support and love that I can even if his mind maybe slipping.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wow 65 years is a blessing. I'm not even married but I hope i'm married that long to my wife to be . I definitely understand the heart breaking part and even frustration if it gets to that point.I try not to focus too much on the sadness and frustration but focus more on doing my part and that's just showing my grand dad as much support and love that I can even if his mind maybe slipping.
Agree, my two sisters and I tend to focus on the good days and the memories and help my dad as much as we can.

Simba

Staff Member
I had Dejon Allen's name and a picture listed and ready to go but I just couldn't pull the trigger because he's about the farthest thing from a fit on the Ravens at his size.