• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Simba

Staff Member
I may or may not be in. If you guys get to the end and need a final body, I guess I'll do it. Definitely won't be near as active as I was in the past and I don't know shit about the draft after round 2 this year lol

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I may or may not be in. If you guys get to the end and need a final body, I guess I'll do it. Definitely won't be near as active as I was in the past and I don't know shit about the draft after round 2 this year lol
Just draft some quick twitch players

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Hmmm. The committee just you 3 mods this year aye?

This game will certainly be different considering we won't have some of the users from the old board here. With 13 spots left, we would already have all the spots filled if certain posters came over from the old board.

arnie_uk

Veteran
This game will certainly be different considering we won't have some of the users from the old board here. With 13 spots left, we would already have all the spots filled if certain posters came over from the old board.
The committee seems like a closed shop is my point.

I was one of the 3 (i think) that started the game (truth, a poster called true and myself) and was on every committee since.

Last year we had possibly 8 or 10 on the committee when 90 percent of the people had previous experience.

Seems odd to me when probably less than 50 percent will have experience that it appears the committee is only the 3 moderators.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The committee seems like a closed shop is my point.

I was one of the 3 (i think) that started the game (truth, a poster called true and myself) and was on every committee since.

Last year we had possibly 8 or 10 on the committee when 90 percent of the people had previous experience.

Seems odd to me when probably less than 50 percent will have experience that it appears the committee is only the 3 moderators.
We haven’t made any final decisions. At this point we know the moderators will be involved and we will need help so thank you for offering if that is what you are doing.

If you are chosen to be on coco you will need to be playing and you haven’t signed up yet.

Last edited:

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
how much time does this realistically occupy and how novice is too novice? also, what tools do you utilize for draft board, cap, trades, etc.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
how much time does this realistically occupy and how novice is too novice? also, what tools do you utilize for draft board, cap, trades, etc.
There will be person charged with overseeing draft board. Last few years we went with spotrac.com for salary cap. Cuts, trades, signings are entered into spreadsheet by each GM and formulas handle totals for remaining cap. CoCo are checking all that throughout the game and everything is communicated either in threads or PMs (or both). There's a bit of work to do but it's not too time consuming if it's done regularly - meaning, update sheet and roster after each move.