• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
So is there a winner determined and if so how? This is also the one game where getting the browns as a pick isn't a death sentence.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
how much time does this realistically occupy and how novice is too novice? also, what tools do you utilize for draft board, cap, trades, etc.

There will be person charged with overseeing draft board. Last few years we went with spotrac.com for salary cap. Cuts, trades, signings are entered into spreadsheet by each GM and formulas handle totals for remaining cap. CoCo are checking all that throughout the game and everything is communicated either in threads or PMs (or both). There's a bit of work to do but it's not too time consuming if it's done regularly - meaning, update sheet and roster after each move.

We use a shared spreadsheet (google docs). We all were novices at one point. This will be my fourth year and all the vets will help the newbies out. I agree with allblackraven, it’s not time consuming if the spreadsheet is updated regularly.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Moved all of the discussions to this thread. Please use the Sign-Ups thread solely for the entrance posts.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I am very much a n00b and don't follow a TON of college football outside of the top 1-2 rounds and top programs, but I can give it a go if needed!

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am very much a n00b and don't follow a TON of college football outside of the top 1-2 rounds and top programs, but I can give it a go if needed!
You should definitely play. It’s a lot of fun and the draft is only part of it. I’m in the same boat as you in terms of only knowing much up until round 2-3, but It’s super easy to handle.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
how much time does this realistically occupy and how novice is too novice? also, what tools do you utilize for draft board, cap, trades, etc.
I literally played last year without knowing really what it was. Still killed them all.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Have you played with MtCrushmore?
Thankfully, he's moved on to bigger and better things.

hqdefault.jpg

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Crush was a Formidable player. He was a tough loss, but for understandable reasons

Last edited: