• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Would You Draft @16?

The Greek

Veteran
i am curious to know who you all would draft @16 if you had final say. one offensive choice and one defensive choice only please. i am going to start with orlando brown jr and arden key

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I honestly have to see what we look like after free agency to know who i want at 16. Everyone seems to assume Howard will be gone next year and we'll need to replace him, but i need to see that happen before i get on board with an OT at 16. Having said that, I think Connor Williams from Texas is the most talented of the bunch i just need to see his measurements at the combine, he may be a little short to play tackle. I like Mcglichey but his inconsistencies on tape give me pause, as does his odd frame.

I also like Guice but hes an LSU guy......weve never drafted a damn LSU player so why would we this year?

Ridley would be the 1 guy everyone is dreaming of but i feel like grabbing Ridley would be dissapointing because we wont get to pick from the pool of WRs available in the 2nd abd 3rd rounds. I dont see us picking 2 recievers with our first 4 picks tbh....

Im really torn on who i want at 16 this year...i just know i want a TE, WR, and RB in the 2nd and 3rd round (if we get that extra 3rd round comp) something like Gesicki, Gallup, and Sony Michel would be awesome for us. Or even Miller, Ian Thomas, and Penny as a combo would be fun.

But ya....who do I want at 16? If Roquan Smith is there thatd be nice...(doubt it)......Derwin James? Probably not. And we all know we wont be picking a DT lol (sorry Todd Mcshay).

How about a QB? Well.....Bisciotti seems to act like Flacco has 5 years plus left in him lol....

I think once the combine and free agency role through we'll have a better picture of what our needs are and how the board stacks up. Until then.....we debate

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
Why though? He seems like a soft possession reciever. Plus i dont see many explosive traits with him. Just doesnt seem like a great athlete.
He's averaged about 17 yds per catch over the past 3 seasons... double digit TD producer... can play above the rim. Size. Consistent production.

I admittedly didnt pay close attention to him this season, but ive had a gut feeling about him for a few years.

K-Dog

MVP
I know nothing about who is who, but I would get the best WR available.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If available, Ridley or Nelson, but neither will be, so realistically...

Mark Andrews, that's right I said it. Mark Andrews is nothing short of an elite TE and represents a bigger upgrade than literally any other offensive player who will realistically be available. He's a very good athlete, not elite speed, but very good, however his quickness and suddenness is elite, he's a TE who moves like a possession receiver with his stop and go and his routes. He plays the ball at an elite level with stellar hands, tracking, body control, and highpointing. He is literally the most ideal receiving TE you can find.

On defense I'm torn but I'll say Derwin James. I like james' length and athleticism to man cover TEs and bring the heat off the edge with the zone blitz which we are so fond of, what tony and weddle lack in explosion he has in spades which will make those blitzes more effective and allow him to get home often. There isn't a TE in the league he can't run step for step with and has the physicality to man up at any level with them, I haven't diagnosed his ball skills yet though. What I hear about his locker room presence really intrigues me, an alpha male enforcer at safety who commands respect from the whole team is something that gives us an identity we lack, and his dynamic explosive play fills a major need.

So for me, it's Andrews and James, with guice and rashaan Evans being the runner ups.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
If available, Ridley or Nelson, but neither will be, so realistically...

Mark Andrews, that's right I said it. Mark Andrews is nothing short of an elite TE and represents a bigger upgrade than literally any other offensive player who will realistically be available. He's a very good athlete, not elite speed, but very good, however his quickness and suddenness is elite, he's a TE who moves like a possession receiver with his stop and go and his routes. He plays the ball at an elite level with stellar hands, tracking, body control, and highpointing. He is literally the most ideal receiving TE you can find.

On defense I'm torn but I'll say Derwin James. I like james' length and athleticism to man cover TEs and bring the heat off the edge with the zone blitz which we are so fond of, what tony and weddle lack in explosion he has in spades which will make those blitzes more effective and allow him to get home often. There isn't a TE in the league he can't run step for step with and has the physicality to man up at any level with them, I haven't diagnosed his ball skills yet though. What I hear about his locker room presence really intrigues me, an alpha male enforcer at safety who commands respect from the whole team is something that gives us an identity we lack, and his dynamic explosive play fills a major need.

So for me, it's Andrews and James, with guice and rashaan Evans being the runner ups.
I do not see elite quickness and suddenness when i what Mark Andrews. I see an average athlete putting up big numbers in the Big12. Sure he kniws how to get open but who doesnt get open in the Big12. Fumagalli would have put up the same numbers in that offense. I just dont see how Andrews could be worth the 16th pick when OJ Howard wasnt last year. Its just not realistic. He doesnt have any elite traits to garner a first round pick

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Person I want most is quenton Nelson. But there’s no chance he’s falling to 16. Calvin Ridley is 2nd but he should be gone too.

The only realistic prospects that might be available at 16 that I want after those 2 are guice or Derwin James. Or maybe a Rt to take over for Howard

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
For realistic options, barring a weird slide, I'd go with a RT if there's a really good one there, or the top pass rusher available (edge or interior). For RT, that would probably be orlando Brown, for pass rusher the best available would likely be Hurst.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know nothing about who is who, but I would get the best WR available.
I wouldn’t overdraft. I think OL or defense or TE could be the first round pick. The 2nd round may be the best spot for a wr.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
My favorite offensive player in the draft

My favorite player in the draft and one of my top 5 all time favorites.

As for who I want at 16. Ok in this order but it is subject to change a little. But as for now if the players I’m about to talk about aren’t there. Then I’m not sure there is anybody we would need that is a value at that pick. Thus I would trade down

Quentin Nelson
Saquon Barkley
Calvin Ridley,Roquan Smith
Denzel Ward, Bradley Chubb
Minkah Fitzpatrick

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My favorite player in the draft and one of my top 5 all time favorites.

As for who I want at 16. Ok in this order but it is subject to change a little. But as for now if the players I’m about to talk about aren’t there. Then I’m not sure there is anybody we would need that is a value at that pick. Thus I would trade down

Quentin Nelson
Saquon Barkley
Calvin Ridley,Roquan Smith
Denzel Ward, Bradley Chubb
Minkah Fitzpatrick

I have Nelson and Fitzpatrick rated the same and since I would rather have OL than DB I would rather have Nelson.