• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Would You Draft @16?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is it crazy that I’m not all that big on Ridley? I would rather take Derwin James or O-line since there’s so many day 2 WRs available.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Is it crazy that I’m not all that big on Ridley? I would rather take Derwin James or O-line since there’s so many day 2 WRs available.
I have to disagree with that. If Ridley were available at 16 I wouldn’t think twice, unless Nelson were available. Then I’d be pissed if they didn’t draft Nelson.

Last edited:

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I dont think it’s all that crazy considering there’s so many solid day 2 and 3 options at WR. That’s probably the best way to go tbh. But I’d have a hard time passing up Ridley even with that being said. I do really like James though. We desperately need that Alpha dog type player and that’s him.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Wouldn't it better to strangle him with an LSU jersey? I'm not as against signing Derwin James if he falls to 16, but that of course depends on what offensive lineman or WR are available at that point. If he's higher on the board, but not that much higher, I'd prefer OL / WR.
Besides, we do have a need at Safety. It may not be an immediate need for 2018, but for 2019 we may definitely need a safety.
i like james but i feel he needs some work

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Let's say Ridley isn't available, I'll go with Derrius Guice and Derwin James:

Guice is Steve Smith Sr's mind in Ezekiel Eliott's body. Tough, me and my team against the world type of guy, excellent athleticism and power, legit speed and supreme vision, match made in heaven for our offense.

James is a superb athlete, a great leader and although he's a bit unproven, he's not Peppers. He's at worse Deon Buccanon and at best a SS/FS version of Charles Woodson.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Let's say Ridley isn't available, I'll go with Derrius Guice and Derwin James:

Guice is Steve Smith Sr's mind in Ezekiel Eliott's body. Tough, me and my team against the world type of guy, excellent athleticism and power, legit speed and supreme vision, match made in heaven for our offense.

James is a superb athlete, a great leader and although he's a bit unproven, he's not Peppers. He's at worse Deon Buccanon and at best a SS/FS version of Charles Woodson.
Yeah guice has grown on me big time. His vision and decision making are superb and his running style is as good as it gets, explosive acceleration, subtle but incredibly effective cuts, good center of gravity and pad level, keeps his legs churning at all times, raw power, and he's full of fire and a top notch character guy. An ideal raven in harbaughs eyes. As a big Barkley fan I'll make a bold statement here... you know what I'm gonna say.. yeah, guice has a strong chance to end up the best back of this class

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Yeah guice has grown on me big time. His vision and decision making are superb and his running style is as good as it gets, explosive acceleration, subtle but incredibly effective cuts, good center of gravity and pad level, keeps his legs churning at all times, raw power, and he's full of fire and a top notch character guy. An ideal raven in harbaughs eyes. As a big Barkley fan I'll make a bold statement here... you know what I'm gonna say.. yeah, guice has a strong chance to end up the best back of this class
You know what I just can't get enough of with Guice? When he gets met head on by two tacklers and you see pads flying but he still gets low and fights for yards like he's never had enough and he's still hungry after all the beating he's taken. It'll never stop to amaze me how he just never stops moving forward or try to spin even though he's got 5 guys on his back.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You know what I just can't get enough of with Guice? When he gets met head on by two tacklers and you see pads flying but he still gets low and fights for yards like he's never had enough and he's still hungry after all the beating he's taken. It'll never stop to amaze me how he just never stops moving forward or try to spin even though he's got 5 guys on his back.
It's a rare trait to have THAT level of determination, that's some shit you can build on, but he doesn even need much building, he's got a pro ready body and running style with his vision and decisiveness and power and breakaway one step acceleration

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's a rare trait to have THAT level of determination, that's some shit you can build on, but he doesn even need much building, he's got a pro ready body and running style with his vision and decisiveness and power and breakaway one step acceleration
But sometimes....that style can be counter productive in the NFL. Could get you hurt when you should just get down. Still love him and think hes talented as hell but you have to worry about the possibility of him hurting himself.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
But sometimes....that style can be counter productive in the NFL. Could get you hurt when you should just get down. Still love him and think hes talented as hell but you have to worry about the possibility of him hurting himself.
You can't play scared either

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Players usually learn to make business decisions in no time. Adrian Peterson and jay ajayi are the ones that comes to mind most recently who never learned that part, can't really think of any others, maybe zeke to an extent.

Alex Collins is a guy who had a big breakout based on not making business decisions lol

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I love that style of fighting for every inch you can get, but i have seen RB’s that seem to have a shorter shelf life because of it.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Question for you guys: if Ridley and Guice are somehow both available then who would you pick? I'd probably say Ridley, but imagining Guice with what should be an improved O-line is also enticing.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Question for you guys: if Ridley and Guice are somehow both available then who would you pick? I'd probably say Ridley, but imagining Guice with what should be an improved O-line is also enticing.
I'll follow @RavensMania on this one. I really have a love for Guice, I've never felt such perfect fit for us. But in the end, WR is a ginormous need, Ridley is a safe prospect and a future Pro Bowler, it's just too big of a boost. If we beef up the OL later and get a Nick Chubb (also a perfect fit), that's hard to beat. If we don't, I'm still very excited about the tandem of Collins and Dixon.