• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Scouting Combine

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The grip doesn't tho
well unless the steelers or patriots are looking to draft him it shouldnt be an issue, since often times gripping as an OL = hold.

and wynn just has no issue with it on tape, his hand placement is good and his power is ridiculous and he has the feet to keep himself in position. if you are looking for your OL to grip guys then you are looking for the wrong skillset lol.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
well unless the steelers or patriots are looking to draft him it shouldnt be an issue, since often times gripping as an OL = hold.

and wynn just has no issue with it on tape, his hand placement is good and his power is ridiculous and he has the feet to keep himself in position. if you are looking for your OL to grip guys then you are looking for the wrong skillset lol.
Steelers and NE linemen don't grip, they hug.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Ya, only when the issue is present on tape is when i really start to worry. Same goes for DJ Moore. The combine numbers can also assure what you see on tape like Will Hernandez's 37 bench reps.

One issue is Brown Jr and his 14 reps.....for someone who mauled people in college im really surprised he did so poorly, plus he always seems out of shape in some way, carries too much 'extra' weight and that limits functional strength and conditioning

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Hum, what?
Every OL at least grips his opponent's jersey whether pass blocking or run blocking, you don't tell me you actually believe they're only playing with their paws?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im really curious as to why Wynn only had 8 bench reps. Shiws good strength on film and doesnt have the 'long arm excuse'. Somethings not quite right with that number.....

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hum, what?
Every OL at least grips his opponent's jersey whether pass blocking or run blocking, you don't tell me you actually believe they're only playing with their paws?
lol no, im just saying that grip shouldnt be a make or break factor because gripping the jersey with the hands is technically considered holding in most cases and if an OL relies on that heavily then they will draw flags. not saying they dont or cant grip, or that all gripping is illegal, just that it should never be a players focal point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Daaaaam Nelson with 35 reps...

Please

Please

I want him

Nelson could have put in 1 rep and it still would have not changed his stock

Billy price it’s a shame he injured himself coz he was gonna go big

That being said the bench press to me is a useless measurement and I have to think that maybe Wynn and brown saw what happened to price and just thought fuck it that’s enough

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nelson could have put in 1 rep and it still would have not changed his stock

Billy price it’s a shame he injured himself coz he was gonna go big

That being said the bench press to me is a useless measurement and I have to think that maybe Wynn and brown saw what happened to price and just thought fuck it that’s enough
Possibly....at least in Wynn's case. I actually believe Brown tried

Taze

Practice Squad
Ya'll jump off the Orlando Brown train yet? Lmao 14 bench reps at 345 pounds, I don't care how long he is that is utterly awful. So basically all the size he has is just fat. Maybe once he bombs the movement drills people will realize he's not a first rounder.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Last edited:

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ya'll jump off the Orlando Brown train yet? Lmao 14 bench reps at 345 pounds, I don't care how long he is that is utterly awful. So basically all the size he has is just fat. Maybe once he bombs the movement drills people will realize he's not a first rounder.
Ya ive been worried about this too. Its not just a bad number its a terrible number. Remember Stanley had a bad bench number but it wasnt 14 bad. Hopefully he can bring that up at his pro day. Also Wynn had 8.....that just doesnt seem right at all

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Brown can put up anything north of 20 reps at his pro day ill be ok with it. Doesnt show a lack of strength on tape so he could just have had a bad day

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ya ive been worried about this too. Its not just a bad number its a terrible number. Remember Stanley had a bad bench number but it wasnt 14 bad. Hopefully he can bring that up at his pro day. Also Wynn had 8.....that just doesnt seem right at all
Stanley wasn't great but he still did 20+ iirc

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stanley wasn't great but he still did 20+ iirc
Ya it was 24. Browns is the lowest for a tackle with 35+ inch arms since 2003. Solder had a low of 21 before, but then again Erick Flowers had 37 reps and he sucks lol. As long as he puts up anything north of 20 reps at his pro day im not worried. Hes more than strong enough on tape

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fine with it. He can take off the entire 2018 season and I'd take him in the third, shitbmaybe even the second in a Sidney jones type scenario
Fully agree. If Price is there in the second then we should run to the podium to pick him.