• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Scouting Combine

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Have you ever touched a dumbell and barbell!! That isn’t how it works.If he could bench 40 reps and something were that wrong to cause him to max out at 8. Then he woulda skipped the event. It’s more likely he coulda been injured and the benching irritated it and he pulled out early. You would really have to watch him perform it. Did he pull out?? Then there is did he do his best and max out at 8?? Then there is he isn’t a bench dude and his max is 16-20 and he went through a bad day. Some players strong in the trenches aren’t strong in the weight room. But 16-20 is transferable to trench strong. If 10 reps is his max that could be a prob. And it would hurt his draft stock
this must be your favorite time of year...

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
this must be your favorite time of year...

That’s how I got interested in the draft. Bench reps to size ratio and 40 times. That and taking a sneak look at what improvements to look for on the team. He should clean it up at the combine. If not he becomes somewhat of a gamble in round 2 which is where he would go. If he only gets 10 or so at his proday. If he hits 16 reps or better his strength is fine. Some peeps aren’t good at bench reps yet overall pretty strong. He was one of my 5 fav players in the draft and that hasn’t changed yet. Even 16 reps could drop him into round 2 which I would take him in .04 seconds!! Would be awesome to get him and Hernandez.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder how much will this injury cause billy price to slip. If he’s there by our 2nd, do we select him?

Really? Price is a nasty fuck and all but I didn't peg him for a guy who could outbench Nelson or wynn.

Ahhh *smacks self in head*
I wouldn't touch him at 16 if he had a 1 second time. Fuck the combine times he's undersized and gets washed regularly and we don't need an average undersized speed rusher at 16.
He falls in the same category as Guice in the sense that they were far better players in 2016 but injuries caused a poor 2017. A fast 3 cone (usually under 7 seconds) almost always translates into a player being a good pass rusher. I’d take him over Chubb who is stiff as a board when bending. Someone is going to get a steal if he drops. I don’t know how you call 6’3 250 undersized.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m taking Arden Key over Landry. Especially if we think we could keep him focused, practicing hard and playing hard. In that case he is 20 sack potential caliber player. I’m taking a swing for the grand slam when it’s there
are you sure you dont just take troubled players just because? every time there is a player with off the field issues you swear by them, yet arden key and antonio callaway are totally unimpressive on film, without character concerns i wouldnt touch arden key til the third and callaway the 4th. i hate putting him in my mocks but according to every outlet in the world you cant leave him out of the firstt lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He falls in the same category as Guice in the sense that they were far better players in 2016 but injuries caused a poor 2017. A fast 3 cone (usually under 7 seconds) almost always translates into a player being a good pass rusher. I’d take him over Chubb who is stiff as a board when bending. Someone is going to get a steal if he drops. I don’t know how you call 6’3 250 undersized.
let me rephrase that to underpowered. he gets washed out of plays regularly. when a blocker gets a hand on him its usually over right then and there.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Chubb stiff as a board? My whole office just saw me fall off my chair

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
mike mayock just made a great point about the browns on broadcast - think about who dorsey picked last year in the 1st round and now think which qbs have similar traits - Josh Allen, Sam Darnold - gotta think those are the 2 choices
i havent watched much of darnold but the games i did see he was very bad

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Orlando actually looks uncoordinated an un-athletic in these drills....forget about him simply being slow.