• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Baltimore Orioles

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love the way the O’s are playing lately. Even though they are in last place they seem to be competitive. I will take that as long as the keep improving.
A lot more fun to watch. Austin Hays and Adley are looking like bonafide superstars and the pitching is vastly improving. Plus we got the #1 minor league system and a lot of picks at the top of this class. Remember that song "The future so bright I gotta wear shades". That's the O's. :cool:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love the way the O’s are playing lately. Even though they are in last place they seem to be competitive. I will take that as long as the keep improving.
If they weren’t in the AL East they would
be atleast a .500 teams. Rays, Jays, Yanks, and Sox are all championship contenders this year

Biff Tannen

Practice Squad
If they weren’t in the AL East they would
be atleast a .500 teams. Rays, Jays, Yanks, and Sox are all championship contenders this year
No doubt, AL East easily hardest division in the game. Yankees have been the showcase so far, but Blue Jays, Sox, and Rays are right there with them. Braves fan myself, but always liked the Orioles mainly due to liking the way Ripken played when he was there. I think they are playing better this season than most thought they would.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
No doubt, AL East easily hardest division in the game. Yankees have been the showcase so far, but Blue Jays, Sox, and Rays are right there with them. Braves fan myself, but always liked the Orioles mainly due to liking the way Ripken played when he was there. I think they are playing better this season than most thought they would.
I’m a Florida transplant now in Tampa cheering for the rays but always have a soft spot for the Os from my drunken high school days in Baltimore. Camden Yards is beautiful but nothing beats watching a game in a perfectly cool climate controlled domed stadium away from all the elements.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I’m a Florida transplant now in Tampa cheering for the rays but always have a soft spot for the Os from my drunken high school days in Baltimore. Camden Yards is beautiful but nothing beats watching a game in a perfectly cool climate controlled domed stadium away from all the elements.
pussy. lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also away from other fans. I'm sure its enjoyable to have an entire section to yourself.
O's fans can relate to that.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also away from other fans. I'm sure its enjoyable to have an entire section to yourself.
O's fans can relate to that.
Lol This hurts but your not wrong. Rays have played some amazing ball the last 4 years but attendance is awful. A lot of that has to do with the stadium being in an awful location in St Pete. If they build the new stadium on the other side of the bay in TAMPA, attendance will go through the roof. I don’t buy the arguement that Florida fans aren’t passionate or there are to many other things to do. Lighting has the longest sell out streak and those games are nuts both inside and out the stadium

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didn't know this but hey we also are paying Chris Davis until 2037 lol.

So I know fans like to mock teams for doing this, but its an absolutely easy move for the teams.

What you be OK if your employer told you that rather than paying you your salary this year, they'd just pay you 1/20th of your salary each year for the next 20 years? I'd say no.

Most people want money sooner, not later. There's pros and cons to both sides, but pretty much every team is certainly willing to discuss deferred salary with anybody.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Watching baseball is actually enjoyable again.
Hope the Birds keep it rolling, would be nice to get out of the basement.
5 wins in a row and 5 games back in the Wild Card hunt. Unfortunately the AL East is simply too competitive of a division for us to really get a Wild Card spot. Looking like a Yankees-Dodgers or all New York World Series this year.

Orioles are finally putting things together after what seemed like a rebuild that was never going to end. Orioles Magic is slowly being revived.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
5 wins in a row and 5 games back in the Wild Card hunt. Unfortunately the AL East is simply too competitive of a division for us to really get a Wild Card spot. Looking like a Yankees-Dodgers or all New York World Series this year.

Orioles are finally putting things together after what seemed like a rebuild that was never going to end. Orioles Magic is slowly being revived.
It's great seeing all the progress that the pitchers have made. I always thought Lopez might do better as an opener or reliever and I'm glad he's putting together a great season so far.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Its insane how good the East is this year. Even after we beat each other up I think the east sends three teams to the playoffs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Its insane how good the East is this year. Even after we beat each other up I think the east sends three teams to the playoffs.

It's the Baseball equivalent to what the AFC West will be like this year. It's quite insane that only 5 games separate 2nd in the division to 5th and dead last in the division.

It's great seeing all the progress that the pitchers have made. I always thought Lopez might do better as an opener or reliever and I'm glad he's putting together a great season so far.
I feel like we just need more bats at this point. Several of those 1 or 2 run losses could have been wins the way pitching has progressed this season. I just hope we get John Means locked up long term soon.