• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Baltimore Orioles

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
It's the Baseball equivalent to what the AFC West will be like this year. It's quite insane that only 5 games separate 2nd in the division to 5th and dead last in the division.

I feel like we just need more bats at this point. Several of those 1 or 2 run losses could have been wins the way pitching has progressed this season. I just hope we get John Means locked up long term soon.
I'm excited for some of the bats coming up in the minors. I'd like to see Means get an extension, but his injuries worry me a little.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
3 Walk Off Wins in 5 Days... this team is something else! Thank You Trey! Also Boston is losing to the Yankees and the Rays lost to the Reds while we won tonight.

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's great seeing all the progress that the pitchers have made. I always thought Lopez might do better as an opener or reliever and I'm glad he's putting together a great season so far.
How bout some Dean Kremer huh? Finally paying off as one of the pieces in the Machado trade. Kyle Bradish I believe will rise. Definitely got a lot of strikeout capability. Watkins has been a steady hand. And last but not least Tyler Wells as a Rule5 pickup. A Rule5 pickup!!! In the bullpen we got the 3 amigos (Bautista, Perez and Lopez) at the backend where all can throw 100 mph or damn close and that guy Baker just looks like a hardnose. Lopez definitely shoed some mettle putting that Minnesota series behind him plus big ups to Hyde for sticking with him.
I'm excited for some of the bats coming up in the minors. I'd like to see Means get an extension, but his injuries worry me a little.
Well when you got guys like Gunner,Westburg,Bannon and Stowers banging on the door.....................

Right now I think we got an outside chance with the mix we got now (no trades) to make a run We're super solid in the outfield which includes great defense. They remind me of the times when we had Finley,Brady,Devo and smoking Joe O from the Why Not's and of course catcher and 1st base are top notch with the rest of the infield as interchangeable servicible pieces with the solid pitching. I like it!!!

Tradeline is coming up soon and we have to decide if we're sellers or buyers. I'm thinking maybe minor sell maybe with Santander who I think would net us a lot and yeah I hate to say it Mancini but we got serious outfield depth waiting in the wings. Guys like Odor and Urias are possibilities who probally would net us a couple 16 yr old dominicans which drive me crazy when Elias does this tbh but hey for the longterm......... Also guys like Lopez or others from our bullpen could be talked about too. Jordan Lyles possibly but (and I'm sure @Tank remembers him) he reminds me big time of Rick Sutcliffe who provided a big time vet leadership which we don't have besides him in our rotation and he's more valuable to keep imho.

GO O'S!!!!!!!!!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
A 1-0 victory a that, shut them out not allowing a single run. They are building something special.
A lot of this is thanks to our bullpen even tho I did think Zimmerman was going to implode. Thank god for that double play.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Didn't realize this game was exclusively on the Peacock streaming service, I was wondering why it wasn't on MASN. 8 in a row here we come... 9-3 lead in the 8th.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Didn't realize this game was exclusively on the Peacock streaming service, I was wondering why it wasn't on MASN. 8 in a row here we come... 9-3 lead in the 8th.
9-5 top of the ninth. Hope you didn’t jinx us. lol

Ben McDonald is doing the broadcast.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm tired of trying to figure out who to root for in other games to help the Orioles' chances of the wild card. Guess just like the Ravens, as long as we take care of business everything else will work itself out.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Win Streak Lives on in Chicago! Party like it's 1999 because that's when the last time the Orioles won 9 In a Row!

200.gif

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Amazing streak for the Os, unfortunately that will end Friday in Tampa. I'll send you guys a good picture from the Trop

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Blue Jays fired their Manager. Blue Jays are 46-22 and hold the third AL Wild Card currently. This is either a good thing for us or bad thing.