• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Rookie You're Most Concerned About - Potential Bust

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Clark is actually growing on me. 3 yr starter at a top notch school and got over 100 tackles each of his last 2 yrs which tells me he's not scared to stick his nose into a pile.

If you got time got anything on Canady?
He's an older one, but if the admins ask me to do a write up on him, I certainly could.

I chose Humphrey because he's a high profile first round pick that's getting a lot of unjust flack.
[doublepost=1494971145,1494970021][/doublepost]Alright girls and boys, later today, go to the news section because I wrote up an article giving a very thorough and detailed look into Marlon Humphrey.

It's pretty long and extensive, but this is probably a lot better than a 200 word scouting report. This took a good bit of effort, so I hope you all enjoy. Let me know what you all think when it's posted.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
He's an older one, but if the admins ask me to do a write up on him, I certainly could.

I chose Humphrey because he's a high profile first round pick that's getting a lot of unjust flack.
[doublepost=1494971145,1494970021][/doublepost]Alright girls and boys, later today, go to the news section because I wrote up an article giving a very thorough and detailed look into Marlon Humphrey.

It's pretty long and extensive, but this is probably a lot better than a 200 word scouting report. This took a good bit of effort, so I hope you all enjoy. Let me know what you all think when it's posted.
Do you know when it will be posted?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Do you know when it will be posted?
Ask the admins; I'm not entirely sure.

If it doesn't get posted here within the next day, I'll post it in this thread.
[doublepost=1494987802,1494985332][/doublepost]I think the biggest thing to look at with Humphrey is that most Alabama corners come out with poor backpedals and timing on when to open their hips. This is far from a Humphrey issue; it's an Alabama issue that can and will get corrected.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Humph has most bust potential at position drafted. However he can be a phenomenal safety should cornerback not treat him very well. Wormley I think is solid at best. He brings very little that will stress NFL OLines. Bowser has bust potential but I really think he is going to be really awesome. Wormley is my call for only draft pick that will not be an impact player. Bowser the further I watch is wow crazy awesome. And I'm not somebody who begins to like a player because ravens drafted him!!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Humph has most bust potential at position drafted. However he can be a phenomenal safety should cornerback not treat him very well. Wormley I think is solid at best. He brings very little that will stress NFL OLines. Bowser has bust potential but I really think he is going to be really awesome. Wormley is my call for only draft pick that will not be an impact player. Bowser the further I watch is wow crazy awesome. And I'm not somebody who begins to like a player because ravens drafted him!!
What are your thoughts on his Louisville game? That's the one that made me want him, he was definitely one of my top second round guys

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
What are your thoughts on his Louisville game? That's the one that made me want him, he was definitely one of my top second round guys

When I watched one clip I was like how was he not a round one player. I believed we shoulda picked Timmy and Carl Lawson. But Bowser has as high a roof. I would like to see better routes to the football. And more aggressive and decisive about himself. He needs to be more aggressive in pursuit when he isn't the closest player to the ball. And play like he believes he needs to make all the plays. But his raw skills are as good as it gets. Flaws are very minor and should get better with coaching. Should become a really good and explosive edge rusher and a very complete player.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
When I watched one clip I was like how was he not a round one player. I believed we shoulda picked Timmy and Carl Lawson. But Bowser has as high a roof. I would like to see better routes to the football. And more aggressive and decisive about himself. He needs to be more aggressive in pursuit when he isn't the closest player to the ball. And play like he believes he needs to make all the plays. But his raw skills are as good as it gets. Flaws are very minor and should get better with coaching. Should become a really good and explosive edge rusher and a very complete player.
I just love his coverage ability. In the pass rush, I don't think he'll ever be more than average, at his best I think he's a guy who brings chaos by disguising intentions and bringing late blitzes after showing coverage pre snap. But he makes his money on zone drops.

I loved watching him piss off Lamar miller all game. He barely recorded a stat but had a bigger impact against miller than anyone. He disrupted so many throws by dropping into the lane and splitting 2 receivers. He constantly had to bring the ball down after he saw his first 2 reads being stifled by bowser. It was awesome.

He's so damn fluid and moves so well and has so much awareness. I just worry that he lacks the functional strength to rush the passer

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Wormley and bowser! I see absolutely nothing in wormley. Bowser just looks athletic with no real pass rushing moves

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon, I do not think we can afford for this guy to be anything less than a starter or at least earn starter minutes.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wormley and bowser! I see absolutely nothing in wormley. Bowser just looks athletic with no real pass rushing moves

Even if he can not pass rush at an elite level from the first day, his ability to cover might make him a prime target to cover some of the better pass catching TE that are too big for DBs to cover well but to shifty for most LBs to cover well (especially a certain one up in NE).

The Raven

Veteran
Why are people cooling on Wormley? his tape looks great

To quote a scouting report I've read on him, "he's solid but not impressive."

I'm warming up to him. I think his ceiling is higher than anticipated. I'm looking forward to him being a day one starter.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I just love his coverage ability. In the pass rush, I don't think he'll ever be more than average, at his best I think he's a guy who brings chaos by disguising intentions and bringing late blitzes after showing coverage pre snap. But he makes his money on zone drops.

I loved watching him piss off Lamar miller all game. He barely recorded a stat but had a bigger impact against miller than anyone. He disrupted so many throws by dropping into the lane and splitting 2 receivers. He constantly had to bring the ball down after he saw his first 2 reads being stifled by bowser. It was awesome.

He's so damn fluid and moves so well and has so much awareness. I just worry that he lacks the functional strength to rush the passer

Damn flex your usually more optimistic than that. How come you don't think he will be a double digit sack artist? He averaged a sack a game. He is very explosive and flexible. For being raw as far as moves go he improvises and gets off blocks pretty well. I think he can be coached up to be a really good edge rusher. Especially if he bulks a little and can add the bullrush. He will be learning from Suggs and even a little from Williams.

Eli Harold has bulked up and began putting heat on QBs over last 6 games with 3 sacks. And Bowser is much further than he was as a rookie. Bowser can play at about 260 with no loss in explosion and flexibility. He has as much potential or more than Takk. Anyways nice icon of Timmy Williams. Was he your favorite pick? He is mine but I really like Eluemunor to followed by Bowser. Only pick I don't like is Wormley. Absolutely pathetic!

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Damn flex your usually more optimistic than that. How come you don't think he will be a double digit sack artist? He averaged a sack a game. He is very explosive and flexible. For being raw as far as moves go he improvises and gets off blocks pretty well. I think he can be coached up to be a really good edge rusher. Especially if he bulks a little and can add the bullrush. He will be learning from Suggs and even a little from Williams.

Eli Harold has bulked up and began putting heat on QBs over last 6 games with 3 sacks. And Bowser is much further than he was as a rookie. Bowser can play at about 260 with no loss in explosion and flexibility. He has as much potential or more than Takk. Anyways nice icon of Timmy Williams. Was he your favorite pick? He is mine but I really like Eluemunor to followed by Bowser. Only pick I don't like is Wormley. Absolutely pathetic!
on the old boards, i made multiple threads as to why we needed Tim Williams by any means, whether it was the first or second round. I couldn't believe he was available that late and I was lit when we took him. Yes he is my favorite pick without question lol, maybe my favorite ravens pick since I started following the draft.

And for bowser I just don't see the functional strength or the general mentality to be able to engage a tackle 1v1 and disengage. He just doesn't play with authority and control the situation when pass rushing, he's gotta get a lot stronger, but he can't sacrifice movement because coverage is what he does best, he gives up on the play too easily when he doesn't win off the snap and you see him just latch on and stand there, it's funny you mention takk because he has a lot of the same technique issues, but takk has far better functional strength and motor.

I still think bowser will be excellent, I just don't see anything more than a slightly above average sack artist though

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
To quote a scouting report I've read on him, "he's solid but not impressive."

I'm warming up to him. I think his ceiling is higher than anticipated. I'm looking forward to him being a day one starter.
I agree, people are totally not that impressed with Wormley. That being said he's a better fit in our d and I believe he has a higher upside than what many have given him credit for. Looking forward to seeing him start day one.

The Raven

Veteran
I agree, people are totally not that impressed with Wormley. That being said he's a better fit in our d and I believe he has a higher upside than what many have given him credit for. Looking forward to seeing him start day one.
I think that him playing DE in college as opposed to DT has given people the impression that his floor is low. He was productive as a 300 pound 4-3 DE in college, but he never had that special athleticism to play the edge in the NFL, so they said high floor, low ceiling.

However, his athleticism is definitely above average for the interior. His ceiling is low as an edge guy, but I think it's high as a full time interior guy, playing the 5, 3, and 1 spots. In the NFL, 5 techs play more of a DT role and often slide into the 3 or 1 depending on the formation. He'll excel on the inside. He's quicker than given credit for, and I'll admit I didn't give him enough credit at first.