• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day one picks were surprising but I’m not disappointed. The Hamilton pick was the biggest surprise because I thought the safety position was not a priority. But he was the best player available for EDC so just followed playbook. Also Hamilton was rated as top five by many so I like the pick a lot.

The Linderbaum pick was a bit puzzling in that his physical measurables are not what you might expect for the center position as a first rounder, although he is highly rated by some. That one is a “wait and see” pick for me.

The Brown trade was definitely a shocker for me, but honestly I think it was a good move for EDC. Brown wanted to be reunited with his boy in Arizona and his contract was gonna be a big problem for the Ravens. I have been a critic of his lack of physicality but he was productive so there’s that.

Cant wait to see how the rest unfolds.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
DeCosta said last night they had talked to Lamar about it before it happened
That's what I heard as well. Which is why I think Lamar's reactions are strange. Of course he should be upset, Hollywood was his boy. Just not publicly

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Musk needs to ban Lamar from twitter before he hurts humself playing with it. Starting to get slightly concerned with his maturity. Still the QB i most like to have ON the field, but FFS - grow up
his wtf moment was regarding seeing Hollywood at a cardinals draft party 5 minutes after the trade. He's been fine on twitter. Actually funny for the most part

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It was this.. I doubt they were that stupid though. Probably just a prop. I remember EDC mentioning they transitioned to a electronic big board last year or whenever

View attachment 3751

edit: heres the clip I saw from a previous draft year about how they were going electronic (timestamp 2:55)

it could be written out as a backup or a just in case there are issues also.

Simba

Staff Member
The board we saw was last years draft written out. I believe EDC did a video in the last couple of years saying they leave it up throughout the draft and the current draft gets written on another board. Gets erased after the draft and the process starts all over again. So in 2023 they’ll air footage with the 2022 draft being written out and we’ll have this conversation again lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Since EDC took over every draft has been interesting lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I loved Hollywood Brown here. I am glad that this was handled in a way that appears to be beneficial for both parties. He was a bit inconsistent and even with his struggles he was on pace for a big year before Lamar went down.

I am sure that there was more at play then just being paid (thanks Jags)

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I think they could be gearing up for DK as well

Personally, I don't see that happening. Why trade away a big contract in Hollywood, just to gain another big contract in DK? I mean, unless it is merely that the Ravens value a DK type WR over a Hollywood type and were always willing to pay a big contract on a WR. I just don't see it. I think when all those trades were made for WR's this year and the pay scale increased so sharply that teams like the Ravens are gonna try to utilize draftee WR's that aren't going to cost as much.

I would imagine that the money saved is for OL or DL FA's that might be released after the draft. Maybe LB too.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I loved Hollywood Brown here. I am glad that this was handled in a way that appears to be beneficial for both parties. He was a bit inconsistent and even with his struggles he was on pace for a big year before Lamar went down.

I am sure that there was more at play then just being paid (thanks Jags)
Agree-I think the biggest issue was despite being somewhat of a fan favorite, Hollywood was unhappy here. I remember him tweeting his frustration with the play calling. I think once he realized Roman was staying, he wanted out.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agree-I think the biggest issue was despite being somewhat of a fan favorite, Hollywood was unhappy here. I remember him tweeting his frustration with the play calling. I think once he realized Roman was staying, he wanted out.
Unhappy and very close to Lamar. so he must have been REALLY unhappy to want a trade.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
EDGE will be depleted by RD2. You've gotta get one of Ojabo, Ebiketie, Mafe, or Paschal. There are 12 picks before we go. Obviously see how the board plays out. If you can get your guy without trading up then great. If you can't fucking move up and get him.

Also I really think we want to make 2 picks in RD2. You might be able to get away with a CB on RD3 but idk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I honeslty find it a bit weird we weren't in the conversation for other FA wrs (robert woods maybe) during the offseason when we knew this

on the flip side, us offering a lot more money then some of us thought we had to Bobby and ZDS might make a bit more sense now

maybe we were targeting a WR at 14 but they were all gone and Hamilton was still there so we pivoted?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
maybe we were targeting a WR at 14 but they were all gone and Hamilton was still there so we pivoted?
Quite possibly!! Maybe none of the receivers wowed us enough to trade up for but we honestly thought we could get one at 14 and then send off Hollywood. Just didn't work that way at all

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It was this.. I doubt they were that stupid though. Probably just a prop. I remember EDC mentioning they transitioned to a electronic big board last year or whenever

View attachment 3751

edit: heres the clip I saw from a previous draft year about how they were going electronic (timestamp 2:55)

look at that board and how it's set up

we saw this last year (from the previous year too) - it's last year's board as the guys were selected - so it's not a big board but where guys were actually selected - look at the shape of it with comp picks etc. on it too

that's not the big board, it's the picks from 2021... you can see tylan wallace's name in the 4th round where we took him and demetric felton where he was taken too

marklar

Pro Bowler
his wtf moment was regarding seeing Hollywood at a cardinals draft party 5 minutes after the trade. He's been fine on twitter. Actually funny for the most part
Admittedly, I don't have twitter and all I see is what you guys repost here, but Lamar stuff usually makes *me* go WTF
Maybe I don't get the context of how people express themselves on twitter, but I consider his stuff somewhere between strange and immature
... but again I am the last person who should judge this, my post was partially tongue in cheek.