• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
EDGE will be depleted by RD2. You've gotta get one of Ojabo, Ebiketie, Mafe, or Paschal. There are 12 picks before we go. Obviously see how the board plays out. If you can get your guy without trading up then great. If you can't fucking move up and get him.

Also I really think we want to make 2 picks in RD2. You might be able to get away with a CB on RD3 but idk

we're not gonna pick in R3 if we pick twice in R2

redrum52

Hall of Famer
EDGE will be depleted by RD2. You've gotta get one of Ojabo, Ebiketie, Mafe, or Paschal. There are 12 picks before we go. Obviously see how the board plays out. If you can get your guy without trading up then great. If you can't fucking move up and get him.

Also I really think we want to make 2 picks in RD2. You might be able to get away with a CB on RD3 but idk

I said same thing way back. Got a feeling we try to get another 2nd and potentially move up with the current pick. Shot at 4 starters with our 1st 4 picks.

@rossihunter2 @Simba @JoeyFlex5 @Edgar what do you all think about Kyler Gordon?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Quite possibly!! Maybe none of the receivers wowed us enough to trade up for but we honestly thought we could get one at 14 and then send off Hollywood. Just didn't work that way at all

i dont think they're too upset about it tbh - they didnt get a WR (if that's who they were expecting to take), instead they got a player they didnt think in a million years would fall to them

Simba

Staff Member
I'm almost to the point where I'd be shocked if we actually make those 6 picks in round 4. Feel like they're going to want to get at least another pick on day 2.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah that would be totally OK with me. Because you'd be able to get EDGE and CB

not sure we need to come up to get a CB unless someone like McCreary starts to fall
also think WR could be in play now

Alec Pierce is someone im pretty high on - can stretch the field vertically, has size and length, explosive off the line - think he could be someone we're might target

Simba

Staff Member
I said same thing way back. Got a feeling we try to get another 2nd and potentially move up with the current pick. Shot at 4 starters with our 1st 4 picks.

@rossihunter2 @Simba @JoeyFlex5 @Edgar what do you all think about Kyler Gordon?
I like him but I'm looking at some of the other CBs still on the board (Booth, McCreary, Woolen if we want more of a project) and I'm not pressed for Gordon. He'd be my 3rd choice out of those 4 (pending Booth medicals) with Woolen being the only guy behind him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm almost to the point where I'd be shocked if we actually make those 6 picks in round 4. Feel like they're going to want to get at least another pick on day 2.

EDC has said all throughout the process he wanted to get extra picks - maybe they move back in to the backend of 3 with 110 and give up the 6th and then trade down at the end of the 4th a couple of times to grab some extra picks later in the draft

but i also am not sure they're going to need to trade back into late day 2 to get a similar level prospect - remember this draft is fat in the middle so once that drop-off in talent happens somewhere in R3, there's not going to be much point coming up to get a guy unless they're super high on him

maybe im in the minority but id love to make all 6 of those picks in the 4th round

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
not sure we need to come up to get a CB unless someone like McCreary starts to fall

Alec Pierce is someone im pretty high on - can stretch the field vertically, has size and length, explosive off the line - think he could be someone we're might target
That's how I feel. I would trade up for Booth or McCreary after taking an EDGE

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I like him but I'm looking at some of the other CBs still on the board (Booth, McCreary, Woolen if we want more of a project) and I'm not pressed for Gordon. He'd be my 3rd choice out of those 4 (pending Booth medicals) with Woolen being the only guy behind him.

i love booth
i love mccreary - but he might be forced into the slot full-time as a pro
i love gordon

i think woolen's a day 3 guy tbh

my next guy after those 3 is zyon mccollum

think someone like cam taylor-britt (who was one of our top 30 visits) could be an option in R3 potentially

Simba

Staff Member
EDC has said all throughout the process he wanted to get extra picks - maybe they move back in to the backend of 3 with 110 and give up the 6th and then trade down at the end of the 4th a couple of times to grab some extra picks later in the draft

but i also am not sure they're going to need to trade back into late day 2 to get a similar level prospect - remember this draft is fat in the middle so once that drop-off in talent happens somewhere in R3, there's not going to be much point coming up to get a guy unless they're super high on him

maybe im in the minority but id love to make all 6 of those picks in the 4th round
I'm not convinced he wants to walk out of this draft with 12+ players though. We're at 11 now. Added a need at WR of course but not sure he wants more than 9-11 no matter what he says out loud.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I’m big on kyler Gordon. Uber athlete, got some dog in him, role diverse, smart player with good vision. He’s a dude at 45, not a trade up guy for me though

Simba

Staff Member
i love booth
i love mccreary - but he might be forced into the slot full-time as a pro
i love gordon

i think woolen's a day 3 guy tbh

my next guy after those 3 is zyon mccollum

think someone like cam taylor-britt (who was one of our top 30 visits) could be an option in R3 potentially
You know my thing with McCreary lol. Probably higher on him than most personally.

But I can see that with Woolen. Also a soft spot personally because I was on him before he blew up the combine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Admittedly, I don't have twitter and all I see is what you guys repost here, but Lamar stuff usually makes *me* go WTF
Maybe I don't get the context of how people express themselves on twitter, but I consider his stuff somewhere between strange and immature
... but again I am the last person who should judge this, my post was partially tongue in cheek.
I get it and understand, but I've typically liked lamar's twitter comments this offseason outside of the wtf tweet. That being said Lamar did explain the 'wtf' tweet. It was just timing.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Alec pierce has been my guy for months, he’s 6’2 or something close and has a stupid release, can outrun most defenders after said release, and can high point with great body control, timing, and physicality.

He’s what we were looking for when we drafted Boykin, and we should’ve never looked for that in Boykin

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's how I feel. I would trade up for Booth or McCreary after taking an EDGE

if the early 2nd round goes our way and we can double up and get 2 borderline 1st round talents then i say go for it
but if those corners and edges come off the board quick then i say just sit at 76 and wait for whoever falls (or maybe even move back again)

we're guaranteed a shot at at least 1 of these guys at 45:
CB Booth
CB Gordon
CB McCreary
EDGE Ebiketie
EDGE Paschal
EDGE Jackson
EDGE Mafe
LB Nakobe Dean
LB Christian Harris
WR Alec Pierce
WR Skyy Moore
NT Travis Jones
(EDGE Ojabo)

and if we see QBs or OTs or RBs go then it pushes more guys down to us

EDIT: how did i forget George Pickens and Jalen Pitre too (albeit Pitre at safety feels a little unlikely although at least unlike some of the others he was basically a full-time nickel)

Last edited: