• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAAM

Hall of Famer
@JAAM @Dom McRaven who are your #SIIE's for day 2
I have a few in mind that mainly fall in line with the consensus on here so whoever everyone really wants, and I’m more than happy to consult with @Dom McRaven today

I could honestly die happy after last night but that was selfish of me. Now I’m doing it for the people lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd consider taking a swing on Fuller if he came around the minimum. A no harm no foul situation if it doesn't work out. But clearly the highest upside of what's left if you take OBJ out of the conversation.
agree. It's not like we are trying to duplicate Hollywoods production. We need someone who can get 500 yards, because I absolutely expect Bateman to go over 1,000 yards and have a big jump year two, as long as he is healthy. Add that production to more playing time for Proche, Duvernay and Wallace and a rookie and we should be fine.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I'm happy with Hamilton. See him as an upgrade over what they got from Elliott, Clark (in the deep safety role), Jimmy (Pre-Marlon injury) and Board. I like how it allows them to better utilize Clark in more of a hybrid LB role and transition Stephens into the slot corner rotation. Really excited to see what sort of creative ideas they have for him.

I'm fine with Linderbaum. I wish for as high as he had been drafted that he won't require help from guards in pass protection, but my expectation is that he will. Worried about how his functional strength will transition, but I probably shouldn't be.

Ok with the Hollywood trade. They probably need to clear out some 2023 cap space if they're tagging Lamar and this seemed like the safest way to do it. Just don't see a way for that production to get replaced at this point in the offseason.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
There's some pretty damn good WRs in day 2. I would not be mad seeing us walk away with Christian Watson or George Pickens.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's some pretty damn good WRs in day 2. I would not be mad seeing us walk away with Christian Watson or George Pickens.

Pickens, Watson, Jalen Tolbert, Alec Pierce.

I’ll sleep good tonight, knowing one of these guys were drafted by Baltimore.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fuck. Life comes full circle…

68D909AC-3C97-44B1-8905-E9944FF4740D.jpeg

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm fine with Linderbaum. I wish for as high as he had been drafted that he won't require help from guards in pass protection, but my expectation is that he will. Worried about how his functional strength will transition, but I probably shouldn't be.
You got me the man can't take on a bull rush or drive block. Why the hell is he considered the best center?

jboy19

Pro Bowler
You got me the man can't take on a bull rush or drive block. Why the hell is he considered the best center?

I was never a wrestler, but I've been told that technique beats strength in the sport any day. I think his hand work and understanding of leverage (that he probably gained from wrestling) are going to translate. I definitely think he's the best center in the draft. I don't think anybody I've seen or read has claimed otherwise. I see him being like Jason Kelce, but even in Kelce's prime the Eagles have always built that scheme around giving him guard help in pass protection.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was never a wrestler, but I've been told that technique beats strength in the sport any day. I think his hand work and understanding of leverage (that he probably gained from wrestling) are going to translate. I definitely think he's the best center in the draft. I don't think anybody I've seen or read has claimed otherwise. I see him being like Jason Kelce, but even in Kelce's prime the Eagles have always built that scheme around giving him guard help in pass protection.
In wrestling you also have to have a strong anchor with your legs to avoid being taken down. On most passrushes I've seen from any team there's usually a combo block in the beginning before one of them will branch off. Straight man on man he may have some problems but his wrestling background should give him a strong anchor. His major plusses are his lateral movement and his ability to get to the 2nd level but I can also see him getting lower than some of these NT's and being able to drive block. He will also start making the line calls if not as a rookie most definitely in his 2nd yr.

It just seems that the issue here from the board in general was the man couldn't hold his own against bigger competetion cuz of his size which was way overblown. I was also quite tired of not having a bonafide center. I clamored hard for Creed last year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In wrestling you also have to have a strong anchor with your legs to avoid being taken down. On most passrushes I've seen from any team there's usually a combo block in the beginning before one of them will branch off. Straight man on man he may have some problems but his wrestling background should give him a strong anchor. His major plusses are his lateral movement and his ability to get to the 2nd level but I can also see him getting lower than some of these NT's and being able to drive block. He will also start making the line calls if not as a rookie most definitely in his 2nd yr.

It just seems that the issue here from the board in general was the man couldn't hold his own against bigger competetion cuz of his size which was way overblown. I was also quite tired of not having a bonafide center. I clamored hard for Creed last year.

Tyler Linderbaum is an excellent 1v1 man up pass blocker
he has occasionally struggled with massive long nose tackles who were able to get under him - but even then he was able to drop his anchor and lose slowly