• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Tyler Linderbaum

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
JJ falling as far as he did makes me think that his hype train was outrageous. My initial thoughts on JJ were late first early second, my opinion skyrocketed when he crushed the senior bowl, maybe the initial draft stock was more accurate and we really shouldn’t have been so high on him to begin with.

That said, I’m upset we couldn’t land karlaftis there, felt like the perfect pick, even more upset he went to the chiefs because fucking of course

I'm with you on that one; I wanted Karlaftis there more than JJ. I'm super pissed that KC got him because I think he could end up becoming one of the steals of the first round.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve been stomping the table for karlaftis for a while, really hate that KC got him, let’s hope I was wrong on him

Let's hope that he's a slow learner and doesn't really do much until the final year of his rookie contract, balls out, and then comes to us in FA lol

Simba

Staff Member
Okay not gonna lie... love the fact that he forewent all of the pomp and circumstance and wore a basic ass hoodie in a house (with just his family) that's as Iowa as it gets on one of the biggest nights of his life. Really fits the personality mold for a Ravens OL lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s exactly what I did lol

the variety and cleanness of those pass rush moves just made me think he'd taken a step and was adding moves to his repertoire to go with his crazy athleticism, good hands and awesome run defence

but maybe teams just didnt see the senior bowl in the same way

either way... good pick by the jets especially to put him on the other side opposite carl lawson - joe douglas nailed this draft (albeit not that hard with 2 top 10 picks lol)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Okay not gonna lie... love the fact that he forewent all of the pomp and circumstance and wore a basic ass hoodie in a house (with just his family) that's as Iowa as it gets on one of the biggest nights of his life. Really fits the personality mold for a Ravens OL lol

i was looking for Hamilton's phone call, then realised he was at the draft himself

and thought back and i cant remember the last time a ravens pick was actually at the draft... was it ronnie stanley?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That’s literally all I’d be doing.

Simba

Staff Member
That’s literally all I’d be doing.
I mean same here. It's just refreshing to see after all of these guys walking around with these chains and designer suits and wild draft parties, and then you just have the good old local boy with the people that actually helped get him there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean same here. It's just refreshing to see after all of these guys walking around with these chains and designer suits and wild draft parties, and then you just have the good old local boy with the people that actually helped get him there.
Pomp and frill is not for me

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
To pick Linderbaum in the first made no sense to me when Jermaine was right there. Personally I think Linderbaum would have been there when we picked in the second. However it would not have cost us that much draft capital to move back up a couple of spots in the second if we thought we had to. For those who go by BPA, you will have a hard time convincing me it was Linderbaum over Jermaine, which makes no sense as edge rush is a huge need! I don’t hate Linderbaum but I hate where we picked him because IMHO, I feel we could of had JJ and still got Linderbaum in the second.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To pick Linderbaum in the first made no sense to me when Jermaine was right there. Personally I think Linderbaum would have been there when we picked in the second. However it would not have cost us that much draft capital to move back up a couple of spots in the second if we thought we had to. For those who go by BPA, you will have a hard time convincing me it was Linderbaum over Jermaine, which makes no sense as edge rush is a huge need! I don’t hate Linderbaum but I hate where we picked him because IMHO, I feel we could of had JJ and still got Linderbaum in the second.

clearly they didnt rate JJ highly

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I get it but I didn’t see many pro mocks that didn’t have JJ going at least mid first and most of those mocks left Linderbaum out of the first. JJ went the very next pick. All I am saying is I don’t like where we drafted him at all.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I gotta say, after sleeping on it and having the morning to think on it, im thrilled with linderbaum at 25. I’ll say again that at 14 I would’ve been fucking livid, but Tyler linderbaum at 25 and unloading Hollywood’s salary is such a beautiful two piece move that I never would’ve predicted.

I still listen to 105.7 because I drive a lot, and I am sick and tired of hearing “Eric decostas going into his fourth draft and only drafted one pro bowler” as if he hasn’t been BRILLIANT maneuvering both the draft and the cap.
and lets not forget that last draft was as much his as Ozzies (2018)

Simba

Staff Member
I get it but I didn’t see many pro mocks that didn’t have JJ going at least mid first and most of those mocks left Linderbaum out of the first. JJ went the very next pick. All I am saying is I don’t like where we drafted him at all.
But clearly there were some underlying issues with Johnson for him to fall that far. You don't get routinely mocked in the top 10 and then fall to 26 without there being something else at play. I wanted him too but when you see him fall to 26, you have to start asking some questions. Dude was rumored at 4 all week leading up to last night.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But clearly there were some underlying issues with Johnson for him to fall that far. You don't get routinely mocked in the top 10 and then fall to 26 without there being something else at play. I wanted him too but when you see him fall to 26, you have to start asking some questions. Dude was rumored at 4 all week leading up to last night.

same as with Teven Jenkins and JOK last year too
if it's inexplicable why the guy is falling then it's most likely something either behind the scenes - either medical or character