• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Tyler Linderbaum

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get it but I didn’t see many pro mocks that didn’t have JJ going at least mid first and most of those mocks left Linderbaum out of the first. JJ went the very next pick. All I am saying is I don’t like where we drafted him at all.
Really? Just about every mock I saw had Linderbaum going in the first round. Half of them to the Ravens at 14.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Okay then I will ask you this - if most mocks I saw from the pro analysts didn’t have Linderbaum going in the first round, do any of you Think we reached for this guy? Do you All believe he was BPA here at 25th and if any of you were EDC, would you have taken him at 25? Do you think we Linderbaum could have been had in the second round?

no, no, yes, no, no

most pro analysts did think linderbaum was a 1st rounder, they just struggled to pinpoint the team he was going to
not a reach and hard to call anything a reach when it's this related to scheme
yes he was BPA, i think the ravens have proven over the years that they stick to that religiously - taking kyle hamilton is case in point
no i wouldnt have taken him at 25, but that's because i didnt think he was a scheme fit - the ravens clearly disagree with me on that
no we wouldnt have got linderbaum in the 2nd round... he may have made it past pick 32 but he wouldnt have lasted much longer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
with Linderbaum here, and with Ronnie (hopefully... maybe even likely at this point) healthy - we've got 2 incredibly athletic lateral athletes on the OL - that's so massive with Lamar's ability to improvise...

and mekari's super mobile also if he's in the starting lineup - from the way harbs talks, it feels like maybe he's the front-runner for the LG spot...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
But clearly there were some underlying issues with Johnson for him to fall that far. You don't get routinely mocked in the top 10 and then fall to 26 without there being something else at play. I wanted him too but when you see him fall to 26, you have to start asking some questions. Dude was rumored at 4 all week leading up to last night.
yes definitely wonder what the issue was and in most cases we find out about them later.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
JJ falling as far as he did makes me think that his hype train was outrageous. My initial thoughts on JJ were late first early second, my opinion skyrocketed when he crushed the senior bowl, maybe the initial draft stock was more accurate and we really shouldn’t have been so high on him to begin with.

That said, I’m upset we couldn’t land karlaftis there, felt like the perfect pick, even more upset he went to the chiefs because fucking of course
I dnt see it in jj but i also dnt see jordsm davis pass rushing ability so maybe im a little off lol..

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Welcome country strong Linderbaum. Protect Lamar Jackson at all costs is the O-line mantra for 2022. Protect him from harm so he can deliver all of us a Lombardi.