• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 UDFA Tracker

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
wild that he didnt end up in tampa or new england

but he may well be a special teams contributor which will help his chances
not sure he moves the needle beyond the name and the school though tbh - doesnt create his own space vs man and has no vertical threat - but works well in the underneath areas of the field especially out of the slot in zone

doesnt have a completely dissimilar to james proche actually - but proche was a demon at the catch-point and has the dawg in him in contact situations
He has a good shot on making the roster on ST. Harbaugh type character and really smart and willing player. No fear in him, played well and was productive in the slot last season. Sure hands on returns, too. Pitty that he isn't a little faster but then he'd be in NE since round 3.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Curious if Fagot will get his waiver from the Navy to play. One of the lone bright spots in the Navy defense. Always seemed to be running full speed and willing to launch his body in the fray. He’s just so slow, practice squad body, maybe a special team down the line.

Unfortunately, being married to an Academy Grad, I am forced to watch more Navy football than I’d prefer too.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Makai Polk isn't a scrub. Not saying he'll make the team because I have no idea, but I won't write him off in the way I'm writing off all the other ones.

To me he looks like a really poor man's generic brand Rashod Bateman. He's missing the elite athleticism of Bateman and he's just nowhere near the route runner.

But when you look at the video I'll post below it actually looks incredibly similar to what Rashod was doing his rookie year here. A guy with good size, showed a ton of chain moving, making some contested catches, a little wiggle after the catch etc.

He had a bunch of production in a pass heavy offense. He'll never get the elite athleticism, but our coaches have recently been able to improve route running. So we'll see. At worse he should be a fun preseason kinda guy.

Makai Polk isn't a scrub. Not saying he'll make the team because I have no idea, but I won't write him off in the way I'm writing off all the other ones.

To me he looks like a really poor man's generic brand Rashod Bateman. He's missing the elite athleticism of Bateman and he's just nowhere near the route runner.

But when you look at the video I'll post below it actually looks incredibly similar to what Rashod was doing his rookie year here. A guy with good size, showed a ton of chain moving, making some contested catches, a little wiggle after the catch etc.

He had a bunch of production in a pass heavy offense. He'll never get the elite athleticism, but our coaches have recently been able to improve route running. So we'll see. At worse he should be a fun preseason kinda guy.

When you order Bateman on Wish

Simba

Staff Member
Anybody have thoughts on Polk?
From a pure WR perspective, I think he's got the best chance to stick of the UDFAs. Numbers inflated by a heavy passing offense and isn't overly athletic or fast, but also is competitive as shit and knows how to go up and get the ball. I'd think he's more of a PS guy but there's an open opportunity there and I feel like he's the most talented of the bunch.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
From a pure WR perspective, I think he's got the best chance to stick of the UDFAs. Numbers inflated by a heavy passing offense and isn't overly athletic or fast, but also is competitive as shit and knows how to go up and get the ball. I'd think he's more of a PS guy but there's an open opportunity there and I feel like he's the most talented of the bunch.
Yeah that's how I see it too. For him to make the roster he's gotta really have his route running coached up and find a way to get a little faster

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah that's how I see it too. For him to make the roster he's gotta really have his route running coached up and find a way to get a little faster
Also has to show some ST ability.

Bolden of all people probably has the best shot for that reason. Has extensive experience there. Just lacking as a WR. Feels like Pitta post hip injury where you can throw the ball to him and he'll likely catch it, but it's going to be short and there will be basically 0 YAC.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Also has to show some ST ability.

Bolden of all people probably has the best shot for that reason. Has extensive experience there. Just lacking as a WR. Feels like Pitta post hip injury where you can throw the ball to him and he'll likely catch it, but it's going to be short and there will be basically 0 YAC.
Oof that comp hurt to read hahaha. At least this guy's got some traits. I would honestly hate it for Bolden to make the team and take a receiver spot just for ST. We need to use that spot to have someone threaten deep even if it's not quite as scary as Hollywood.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I heard Keyshawn Johnson speak very highly of Devon Williams.

As long as we can help him keep his head on straight

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don’t know why I like him, but I hope he makes the PS..

It’s probably because he rocks that iconic LB neck roll / pad