• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 UDFA Tracker

Simba

Staff Member
I'm just shocked any team signed him given his injury risk. I admire that Ross wants to keep playing but he may want to reconsider his long term health.
Sounds like this is a get him in the building and go through the options sort of thing for now

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sounds like this is a get him in the building and go through the options sort of thing for now

Yeah I just don't see how he will play football again. Ryan Shazier had spinal surgery and never played football again so I just can't see it if Shazier was forced to retire following spinal surgery.

Simba

Staff Member
You're not wrong. I just don't really see the downside though. Like you wasted 5k in a signing bonus?
Basically, knowing what we know now, there’s a high probability than Ross was not on the board or in any discussion whatsoever once we got the combine medical report

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member

I just looked up this guy and holy shit...

"11. What has been your biggest challenge in life?

After my sophomore season I made all conference. I was excited and ready to take my game to another level. I went home to for thanksgiving break and while I was home I was involved in an accident where I was hit by a truck. The accident broke my pelvis and tore my urethra. I had to have multiple surgeries and procedures. I went through that for about a year. And that caused me to miss a year of football. Finally I got cleared to play in Feb of 2020. Just when I thought I was going to play football again COVID-19 hit and everything was canceled. Those times tested me mentally, physically and spiritually. I still remember me asking the doctor if I was going to be able to play football again and he told me no and walked out."

rossihunter2

Staff Member

After my sophomore season I made all conference. I was excited and ready to take my game to another level. I went home to for thanksgiving break and while I was home I was involved in an accident where I was hit by a truck. The accident broke my pelvis and tore my urethra. I had to have multiple surgeries and procedures. I went through that for about a year. And that caused me to miss a year of football. Finally I got cleared to play in Feb of 2020. Just when I thought I was going to play football again COVID-19 hit and everything was canceled. Those times tested me mentally, physically and spiritually. I still remember me asking the doctor if I was going to be able to play football again and he told me no and walked out."

that is about as small school as it gets lol

Ludy51

Hall of Famer

Tore his WHAT NOW?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I turned on Devon Williams highlight tape and 4 plays in and I’m floored that we got him undrafted. Obviously highlights can do that but he looks really good.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
In his highlight video he looks like a contested catch machine but there are almost 0 plays where he has even minimal separation from his defender. Isn't separation the single biggest indicator of success or failure at the next level?

Ive been watching a bunch of receivers lately and it's in retrospect been pretty obvious who will be good and who won't. Like go back and look at Harry's college tape. There's 0 separation and shocker he can't separate in the NFL.

Granted Williams is definitely more athletic than Harry but despite having that athleticism he's never separated from a guy playing man. Honestly it reminds me of Duvernay. When you watch Duv, the only time he catches anything is when he's beating Zone for short yardage. Williams either beats zone or just goes up at the catch point and out bullies the man who's smothered on top of him

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I turned on Devon Williams highlight tape and 4 plays in and I’m floored that we got him undrafted. Obviously highlights can do that but he looks really good.

My new camp crush!

Good bye Tim white, Hello Devon!