• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 General Draft Thoughts

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
How are people feeling about this draft? I usually am always so confident going into the draft. But this year I'm feeling particularly nervous.

Just feeling like we're gonna just miss out on Gonzalez, Witherspoon, and JPJ in RD1. Think we're gonna miss out on FAU, Ojulari, and Adetomiwa Adebawore in RD2. Think a guy like Mingo is gonna go early 3 and we're gonna miss out again.

It's a bad year to not have the second. I feel most of the best players in this draft are gonna come from day 2.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How are people feeling about this draft? I usually am always so confident going into the draft. But this year I'm feeling particularly nervous.

Just feeling like we're gonna just miss out on Gonzalez, Witherspoon, and JPJ in RD1. Think we're gonna miss out on FAU, Ojulari, and Adetomiwa Adebawore in RD2. Think a guy like Mingo is gonna go early 3 and we're gonna miss out again.

It's a bad year to not have the second. I feel most of the best players in this draft are gonna come from day 2.

Remember we can trade down…
We’ll be picking someone exciting with our first pick

I’m not beholden to JPJ at all

Forbes, Kancey, Flowers and a bunch of other guys I’d be excited about in this class

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Forbes, Kancey, Flowers and a bunch of other guys I’d be excited about in this class
I want us to trade down. I find it hard to believe we are better off selecting at 22 compared to a trade down.

I just don't think there is gonna be a lot of interest in trading for 22 in this specific draft.

In the trade down scenario, Kancey, Flowers, Smith, and Forbes are definitely among my top guys too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I can see us taking any one of these guys and also wouldn't be surprised if only Forbes was available of those 4 you mentioned.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
IMG_6261.jpeg

Simba

Staff Member
Really curious to see how the OL fall off the board in this draft. Literally almost every team in the 9-late teens range have a very real need there and there are only 3, maybe 4 guys that are reasonable in that range.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yeah that's be pretty dumb unless they had a trade involving jk already lined up. But I don't think bijon would be a wise selection for this squad.
I feel like if he's there at 32 and we took a WR or CB at 22 first, I'd be ok trading up at the end of the first to get him. Then trade Gus, and have a good 1-2-3 punch with Dobbins, Robinson and Justice Hill.