• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 General Draft Thoughts

Simba

Staff Member
2023's all-name draft list:

RB SaRodorick Thompson
RB Ta'Zhawn Henry
RB Jamyest Williams
RB Darius Pinnix
WR Nikko Remigio
WR Jadakis Bonds
WR Yo'Heinz Taylor
WR Mac Hippenhammer
WR Zarak Scruggs
WR Shocky Jacques-Louis
WR Boogie Knight
TE Princeton Fant
OT Kilian Zierer
OT Jacky Chen
OT Ye'Majesty Sanders
OT Jazston Turnetine
OG Poutasi Poutasi
OG Loic Ngassam Nya
OG Juice Scruggs
ED YaYa Diaby
ED Habakkuk Baldonado
ED TyJuan Garbutt
ED Greg China-Rose
DT Blessman Ta'ala
DT Maxmilian Hradecny
DT Xach Gill
LB Henry To'oto'o
LB Marte Mapu
LB SirVocea Dennis
LB Bumper Pool
LB Exree Loe
LB Seyddrick Lakalaka
CB Kyu Blu Kelly
CB Ekow Boye-Doe
CB Nugget Warren
S Chris Bacon
S Scrappy Norman

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

RB SaRodorick Thompson
RB Ta'Zhawn Henry
RB Jamyest Williams
RB Darius Pinnix
WR Nikko Remigio
WR Jadakis Bonds
WR Yo'Heinz Taylor
WR Mac Hippenhammer
WR Zarak Scruggs
WR Shocky Jacques-Louis
WR Boogie Knight
TE Princeton Fant
OT Kilian Zierer
OT Jacky Chen
OT Ye'Majesty Sanders
OT Jazston Turnetine
OG Poutasi Poutasi
OG Loic Ngassam Nya
OG Juice Scruggs
ED YaYa Diaby
ED Habakkuk Baldonado
ED TyJuan Garbutt
ED Greg China-Rose
DT Blessman Ta'ala
DT Maxmilian Hradecny
DT Xach Gill
LB Henry To'oto'o
LB Marte Mapu
LB SirVocea Dennis
LB Bumper Pool
LB Exree Loe
LB Seyddrick Lakalaka
CB Kyu Blu Kelly
CB Ekow Boye-Doe
CB Nugget Warren
S Chris Bacon
S Scrappy Norman
Allright. Hippenhammer got me lol. Now we need an Armanhammer. Or how bout Nailzenhammer.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
what about the blackburn podcast made you think they're into those 2 guys?
From the way he described what he likes at those positions. He said we like guys who have good tape and are do it all types. Less concerned with those extreme combine numbers.

I just feel like Addison and Cam Smith exemplify that mold of guys you just feel like you can trust.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

RB SaRodorick Thompson
RB Ta'Zhawn Henry
RB Jamyest Williams
RB Darius Pinnix
WR Nikko Remigio
WR Jadakis Bonds
WR Yo'Heinz Taylor
WR Mac Hippenhammer
WR Zarak Scruggs
WR Shocky Jacques-Louis
WR Boogie Knight
TE Princeton Fant
OT Kilian Zierer
OT Jacky Chen
OT Ye'Majesty Sanders
OT Jazston Turnetine
OG Poutasi Poutasi
OG Loic Ngassam Nya
OG Juice Scruggs
ED YaYa Diaby
ED Habakkuk Baldonado
ED TyJuan Garbutt
ED Greg China-Rose
DT Blessman Ta'ala
DT Maxmilian Hradecny
DT Xach Gill
LB Henry To'oto'o
LB Marte Mapu
LB SirVocea Dennis
LB Bumper Pool
LB Exree Loe
LB Seyddrick Lakalaka
CB Kyu Blu Kelly
CB Ekow Boye-Doe
CB Nugget Warren
S Chris Bacon
S Scrappy Norman

Boogie knight is insane
Bumper pool also crazy
Jacky Chen’s parents knew what they were doing

rossihunter2

Staff Member
From the way he described what he likes at those positions. He said we like guys who have good tape and are do it all types. Less concerned with those extreme combine numbers.

I just feel like Addison and Cam Smith exemplify that mold of guys you just feel like you can trust.

I read what he was saying differently - that they look for the same qualities as they do at all positions (good frame, athleticism, tape and in particular physicality)

Basically was just saying that just because they’re CBs, doesn’t mean we don’t care about how physical they are or their running game qualities

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
my predictions right now are that we pick at 23, and we pass on calijah kancey for one of:
Jordan Addison
Joey porter jr
Quentin Johnston
Nolan smith
Deonte banks

Only two I’m unhappy with are QJ and deonte banks and I won’t be unhappy for long when I watch a bunch of highlights of QJ, deonte banks worries me big time, I’m not sure his play style works in the nfl.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
At this point, @JAAM , I don't see my #SIIE growing between now and Draft Day so the following are on my list:

-JSN
-Zay Flowers
-Joey Porter Jr.

-Tyjae Spears (I could be wrong, but I think @RaineV1 convinced me on him lol)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
My guess is that RB is too big a luxury in this draft despite it being important. Especially for 2024.

Really want to see us draft DTR, Haener, or O'Connell for backup QB.

Obviously WR and CB are a must.

Would love to add an EDGE.

OG and DL are probably going to also be a selection depending on how the board goes

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Considering players just got suspended for betting, wouldn't this fall under betting using insider information? I just don't get how odds can shift toward one player suddenly betting wise without insider info.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
There are rumors that the injuries could lead to a sizable fall for Spears

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the 3rd RB drafted. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the 6th-8th RB drafted. Honestly, his actual value is difficult to predict. Realistically, I could see him going in the 3rd round.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Speaking of RBs, this guy from America Ninja Warrior really believes that Derrick Henry is gonna be an Eagle. Now I get it, this account has no blue check, but it also has 62,500 followers. I highly doubt some random imposter account has that many unless they paid for them. Regardless....

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Speaking of RBs, this guy from America Ninja Warrior really believes that Derrick Henry is gonna be an Eagle. Now I get it, this account has no blue check, but it also has 62,500 followers. I highly doubt some random imposter account has that many unless they paid for them. Regardless....

I saw this when it happened. He was a former NFL player and part of the NFL Network. Even more interestingly, he shares the same sports agency as Derrick Henry. I have no idea how legit his sources are. But it could be a possible storyline.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
In regards to Lamar, so we have 5 days to match whatever offer he gets. You guys think some team puts out an offer on Friday after the first round or even before the Draft? So they still use their first rounder on whatever player they want this year or will things stay the same with zero offers?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
In regards to Lamar, so we have 5 days to match whatever offer he gets. You guys think some team puts out an offer on Friday after the first round or even before the Draft? So they still use their first rounder on whatever player they want this year or will things stay the same with zero offers?
I'm expecting 0 offers personally