• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 General Draft Thoughts

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Speaking of RBs, this guy from America Ninja Warrior really believes that Derrick Henry is gonna be an Eagle. Now I get it, this account has no blue check, but it also has 62,500 followers. I highly doubt some random imposter account has that many unless they paid for them. Regardless....

This does make you wonder if Tennessee is planning on drafting Bijan Robinson with the 11th pick if they don't trade up for a QB.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Less than 15. Big yikes. I ended up with 18 personally but you can plus or minus that by 2 in either direction.
Reportedly a shit class, but a VERY strong cb and slot receiver class, and a solid dl and edge class.

Maybe the lack of quality past the top half makes first round teams pick less valuable positions. Bijan and Brian branch going before 22 would be awesome

Simba

Staff Member
Not sure how all of these guys are going to fit in the range where the rumors are saying, but OL the latest to be rumored for an early run. Apparently Johnson, Jones, and Skoronski could all come off the board in the top 12.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
At this point, @JAAM , I don't see my #SIIE growing between now and Draft Day so the following are on my list:

-JSN
-Zay Flowers
-Joey Porter Jr.

-Tyjae Spears (I could be wrong, but I think @RaineV1 convinced me on him lol)
And with Brother @JAAM 's #SIIE list:

"1.) JSN
2.) Zay Flowers
3.) Jordan Addison
4.) Deonte Banks
5.) Joey Porter Jr.

Banks and Porter are interchangeable but I have to give the slight edge to the Baltimore boy. If we don’t get one of these guys, I’ll be pretty upset, but if we trade for Hop (still #SIIEing that), Banks or Porter would be an absolute dream come true. Thoughts?"

I know very little about Addison or Banks, but I'd welcome either of these gentlemen as Ravens. I don't think JSN will fall to 22. I don't even think he gets past #12. Flowers just feels like a guy who'll be picked a couple of picks before us. JPJ, same thing IMO.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And with Brother @JAAM 's #SIIE list:

"1.) JSN
2.) Zay Flowers
3.) Jordan Addison
4.) Deonte Banks
5.) Joey Porter Jr.

Banks and Porter are interchangeable but I have to give the slight edge to the Baltimore boy. If we don’t get one of these guys, I’ll be pretty upset, but if we trade for Hop (still #SIIEing that), Banks or Porter would be an absolute dream come true. Thoughts?"

I know very little about Addison or Banks, but I'd welcome either of these gentlemen as Ravens. I don't think JSN will fall to 22. I don't even think he gets past #12. Flowers just feels like a guy who'll be picked a couple of picks before us. JPJ, same thing IMO.
I don’t welcome banks. Baltimore native and all so it would be cool but man I just don’t like banks’ tape

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don’t welcome banks. Baltimore native and all so it would be cool but man I just don’t like banks’ tape
What about Forbes at 22?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Getting a bad feeling this is gonna be an extremely underwhelming draft. Also could be the most insane draft ever if Lamar or DHop is moved. Idk what's gonna happen here but I can't wait

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I really like Forbes but 22 is absurd imo
I think it was Peter King that mocked him to us at 22. I don’t really know much about Forbes

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Getting a bad feeling this is gonna be an extremely underwhelming draft. Also could be the most insane draft ever if Lamar or DHop is moved. Idk what's gonna happen here but I can't wait
@Dom McRaven can we #SIIE a Hop to Ravens trade Thursday day/night or would you rather wait to #SIIE until Lamar is extended Brother

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think it was Peter King that mocked him to us at 22. I don’t really know much about Forbes
He’s a stud, there’s no 2 ways about it, best ballhawk in the draft by a mile, but he weighed in at 166. Receivers can avoid contact, corners can’t. It’s troubling to think about a 166lb corner you drafted at 22 trying to tackle Najee Harris, nick Chubb, Joe mixon, jamarr chase, pat freiermuth, etc.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
He’s a stud, there’s no 2 ways about it, best ballhawk in the draft by a mile, but he weighed in at 166. Receivers can avoid contact, corners can’t. It’s troubling to think about a 166lb corner you drafted at 22 trying to tackle Najee Harris, nick Chubb, Joe mixon, jamarr chase, pat freiermuth, etc.
To be fair, most players do put on a noticable amount of weight once the go a year in the NFL. Hollywood's official weight got up to 180.