• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to B-More, John Brown & Michael Crabtree

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
starting QB's are a big deal..esp considering the weak schedule we faced.
of course they are, but we wouldn't have lost all of those games. Add in Jimmy on our side and Brandon Williams earlier in the year and we still have those 5 wins. We played the same schedule as everyone in our division, for the most part.

You knew the schedule before the season started and picked 3 wins. Injuries happen to all teams, you have to be prepared for them and we still mustered 9 wins. Other teams that were as injured as we were fell apart.

I'm not saying we are a good team, because we aren't. However we aren't as bad as it seems and we aren't as good as the 2nd half either. It's somewhere in the middle.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Was just listening to Alex Smith from his skins presser today. He made the comment “A quarterback’s performance is largely the product of those around him and I’m excited to be here.........”. Kind of an obvious statement of a fact that’s lost on some here.

I think Grant and Brown are a good start to revamping the receivers. Hopefully the draft provides for a few more pieces to that group.

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Was just listening to Alex Smith from his skins presser today. He made the comment “A quarterback’s performance is largely the product of those around him and I’m excited to be here.........”. Kind of an obvious statement of a fact that’s lost on some here.
Yeah, said QB who couldn't cut it at KC

rossihunter2

Staff Member
From what I’ve seen, that ship has sailed. They saw Crabtree become available and that’s what they’re pursuing.

jeff zrebiec was reporting that they were pursuing crabtree before grant became an issue - the idea being that they knew they needed to grab another receiver...

dammit i was well excited about having crabtree, grant and brown all playing for us - i would be lowkey excited for that group with the draft still coming up

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
jeff zrebiec was reporting that they were pursuing crabtree before grant became an issue - the idea being that they knew they needed to grab another receiver...

dammit i was well excited about having crabtree, grant and brown all playing for us - i would be lowkey excited for that group with the draft still coming up

Yeah it’s oddly suspicious. While they may have been looking into Crabtree, there was no guarantee that they’d release him. So, they signed Grant, considering he was one of the few FA left. Crabtree was released and Grant apparently failed the physical. Perfect timing. A very shady physical.

Id say they’re both moving on. Looking more like a Crabtree/Brown pairing.

Disappointing. I honestly like Grant. Wasn't a fan of the deal we gave him but pairing him with Crabtree and a high draft pick would of been a far better WR group than pervious years. Hopefully we can work something out with him. Crabtree by himself doesn't excite me as an WR room overhaul

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Disappointing. I honestly like Grant. Wasn't a fan of the deal we gave him but pairing him with Crabtree and a high draft pick would of been a far better WR group than pervious years. Hopefully we can work something out with him. Crabtree by himself doesn't excite me as an WR room overhaul

yeah if its just crabtree and brown - we definitely will need to go out and find someone else

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
guess we can rub your nose in it if we aren't in last place. I mean, Sami thought we would have 3 wins last season. How did that work out for him. You didn't think we would do much better.

Yes u can. Please do I would deserve it. I am being pretty opinionated here. If I’m wrong call me out. All in fun.

I post here cuz I actually like the positive outlook and u bros know your stuff and r funny sometimes. But dude please homerism can only be taken so far. I can be homerisitic. But there is a limit. You can’t agree with EVERYTHING from management. Then it’s not a good chat cuz biasedness comes into play

As 4 Crabtree I would prefer Grant. At least he has a slim chance of blossoming into a NO.2. Crabtree will be 31 and in decline. He may give you one ok year. But ultimately back in the same boat needing receivers. He is a career NO.2 but I’m decline. Gruden wouldn’t cut him outright if his skills weren’t diminishing. Not to mention Crabtree isn’t that WR that could afford to lose a step. His speed and athleticism was always right at that limit requirement. Right up Ozzie alley!! Same old Bullshit Red Tag declining cap cut special. Offense can’t be good when every receiver is a temp quick fix patchwork. Which sums up my hatred for management. Building a consistent winner isn’t the goal. The goal is patch up holes with quick fixes patchwork to try and slither into the playoffs. And give the illusion of a successful team on the upswing. Every loss is one step closer to ousting these incompetent losers and a top5 pick 4 the new GM and coach. Crabtree coming from just win baby to just lose baby.

Last edited:

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
grant deal is OFF

NOW WE HAVE SOME CAP

DO SOMETHING GOOD OZZIE!
lol your gonna get the typical cap cut with diminishing skills. Management got scared at last second signing a young WR on potential. I would prefer Grant to Crabtree. No confidence in their skills to identify a breakout receiver. More dumpster diving 4 cap cuts. It’s all management knows how to do. Glad Ozzie idiot is gone.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
lol your gonna get the typical cap cut with diminishing skills. Management got scared at last second signing a young WR on potential. I would prefer Grant to Crabtree. No confidence in their skills to identify a breakout receiver. More dumpster diving 4 cap cuts. It’s all management knows how to do. Glad Ozzie idiot is gone.
After all the bitching about signing Grant, you actually have balls to say this?
Do you realise how pathetic you are? You'd hate if we traded Flacco for Rodgers.