• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Rumors/team draft visits

Simba

Staff Member
Seems awful quiet out there. Usually we're hearing pretty specific player/team speculation.
Should be a legal holiday....beginning today and extending through the weekend.

I think there's just so much mystery at the top this year, mostly at #2. Although I'd be surprised if #1 isn't Darnold, I love what Dorsey is doing up there by spreading false information and seeing where the leaks are. It's making analysts overthink it and if they can't get a read on #1 they aren't getting a read on the rest. I like the mystery behind it this year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Since the Mo Hurst conversation is here, Matt Miller tweeted that he's looking like a 3rd rounder based on information he's hearing.

Matt miller on his podcast said mo hurst might be day 3 not just round 3 - sounds like the medicals were cleared but teams might just be scared

If he’s there on day 3 I’m fine throwing the pick at hurst even if he never plays a down

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Matt miller on his podcast said mo hurst might be day 3 not just round 3 - sounds like the medicals were cleared but teams might just be scared

If he’s there on day 3 I’m fine throwing the pick at hurst even if he never plays a down
Same. He has the potential to be a game wrecker.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Keep hearing we've had meeting with Ronald Jones. I don't like the fit but that is definitely intriguing.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Keep hearing we've had meeting with Ronald Jones. I don't like the fit but that is definitely intriguing.
i dont either. jones will need an elite OL to produce in the NFL, poor decision making and very impatient runner, if his OL can consistently get him to the 2nd level untouched without him needing to slow down and wait for the hole, he will be unstoppable, but he seems to be one of those pure runner types who lacks everything but speed and power.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
View attachment 923 surely he sees that massive hole, and an easy bounce out if the LB plugs, right?

View attachment 924
not a chance. lol 30 seconds into a random game and already seeing exactly what i dislike about him. only one example but i found it so easily its laughable, he does this pretty regularly, it scares the shit out of me that im seeing reports that we are meeting with him, because ive seen like 3 different reports of it. seems like a typical disappointing ravens second round move to pull some shit like this, which is why im worried, like this is absolutely something the ravens would do.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 923 surely he sees that massive hole, and an easy bounce out if the LB plugs, right?

View attachment 924
not a chance. lol 30 seconds into a random game and already seeing exactly what i dislike about him. only one example but i found it so easily its laughable, he does this pretty regularly, it scares the shit out of me that im seeing reports that we are meeting with him, because ive seen like 3 different reports of it. seems like a typical disappointing ravens second round move to pull some shit like this, which is why im worried, like this is absolutely something the ravens would do.
I haven't really watched him so idk but I just watched Matt Forte on Twitter say he has good vision lol...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I haven't really watched him so idk but I just watched Matt Forte on Twitter say he has good vision lol...
his film doesnt lie. elite downfield runner, but he is poor in general all the way up until he reaches the 2nd level. those screenshots are a small sample of a problem he consistently has.

and next time you trust a former players scouting report, because they played in the nfl, they should know right? just remember bucky brooks was once an NFL player lol, football talent =/= eye for football talent.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
his film doesnt lie. elite downfield runner, but he is poor in general all the way up until he reaches the 2nd level. those screenshots are a small sample of a problem he consistently has.

and next time you trust a former players scouting report, because they played in the nfl, they should know right? just remember bucky brooks was once an NFL player lol, football talent =/= eye for football talent.
Who said I trusted it? I was literally just relaying what he said.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mayock in his only mock draft has us picking Lamar Jackson. If Buffalo can't trade up I can see them taking Lamar at 12 before our pick.

I get this odd feeling Frank Ragnow will be our pick tonight. We don't have a true center yet and he is a plug and play guy. Either at 16, or in a trade down scenario. Ragnow will be the surprise pick Ozzie was talking about.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mayock in his only mock draft has us picking Lamar Jackson. If Buffalo can't trade up I can see them taking Lamar at 12 before our pick.

I get this odd feeling Frank Ragnow will be our pick tonight. We don't have a true center yet and he is a plug and play guy. Either at 16, or in a trade down scenario. Ragnow will be the surprise pick Ozzie was talking about.
I was thinking this yesterday. Probably has the nost flawless tape of all lineman. PFF has him as the best graded Olineman the kast 2 years and its not even close. I feel lime wed be the kind of team to look at those analytics

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was thinking this yesterday. Probably has the nost flawless tape of all lineman. PFF has him as the best graded Olineman the kast 2 years and its not even close. I feel lime wed be the kind of team to look at those analytics
Including Nelson..?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
i dont either. jones will need an elite OL to produce in the NFL, poor decision making and very impatient runner, if his OL can consistently get him to the 2nd level untouched without him needing to slow down and wait for the hole, he will be unstoppable, but he seems to be one of those pure runner types who lacks everything but speed and power.
He had one of the worst OL in the country.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'd like this pick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We would be a great team for ragnow because he has incredible raw tools but needs some development, and we seem to develop OL very well, but then again we can develop an OL from a value pick as well. I'm torn on ragnow at 52 so I sure as shit wouldn't take him at 16 lol

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Yet he still frequently had holes like the one in the screenshots and missed them far too much for my liking. I'd take walton, freeman, or penny round 3 over Jones round 2 all day
I'm personnally not very convinced by your example. That's a big hole but it looks like it'd get filled the moment he stepped in it with Meeks and two unblocked backers.