• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Rumors/team draft visits

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Based on conversations with NFL scouts and executives this week, I believe the Baltimore Ravens would love to see Lamar Jackson available ....Matt Miller, 4/26

Simba

Staff Member
If hurst heart condition isnt a big deal id pick him at 16

I wouldn't even consider it. He's best as a 1-gap penetrator and you just know this team would ask him to 2-gap a la Timmy Jernigan. In general, I think he's a talented player but no way I'd touch him at 16 even without the heart issue.

arnie_uk

Veteran
I wouldn't even consider it. He's best as a 1-gap penetrator and you just know this team would ask him to 2-gap a la Timmy Jernigan. In general, I think he's a talented player but no way I'd touch him at 16 even without the heart issue.
Does it make more sense if i say I also think our style of d should change?

Hey Raven fans just wanted to say I wish you guys the best in the draft. Love you all and I will be following you guys closely.

Simba

Staff Member
Indeed. Talent wise hurst is probably top 10/15 ignoring everything else

I like him but I'm not that high on him, personally. I didn't do any formal rankings or anything this year, but if I had, I imagine he'd be a late 1st guy for me.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
And it sounds like people should be prepping for Mayfield at 1. Lots of people saying Darnold now admitting they were wrong.

But, still sounds like the Giants will bypass Darnold which is insane to me. Jets looking to get Darnold right now if a trade isn’t made at 2.
If the Giants aren't going QB and trust in Webb being Eli's successor, then they should really trade down. From the 2 spot they could get a ton of picks to get that team back into the playoffs.

Simba

Staff Member
If the Giants aren't going QB and trust in Webb being Eli's successor, then they should really trade down. From the 2 spot they could get a ton of picks to get that team back into the playoffs.

Sounds like that might be the move now. With Darnold making it to 2, it sounds like some teams might be more inclined to trade up. Broncos are a team rumored to be looking to make a move.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sounds like that might be the move now. With Darnold making it to 2, it sounds like some teams might be more inclined to trade up. Broncos are a team rumored to be looking to make a move.

gettleman has been fairly firm in the "gold-jacket" thing - whereby if they pick a player at 2 they'd better be someone they consider to be a potential hall of famer - which suggests to me not qb even if darnold is there and i dont think anyone's looking at chubb as a hall of famer - and gettleman is not one to trade often

so its barkley or...

i still keep going back to the report from about 2 weeks ago that there was a provisional deal in place between the bills and giants for the 2nd pick that would/could happen on draft night - and that seems like the most obvious thing to me still despite all the "smokescreens" and noise since

Simba

Staff Member
gettleman has been fairly firm in the "gold-jacket" thing - whereby if they pick a player at 2 they'd better be someone they consider to be a potential hall of famer - which suggests to me not qb even if darnold is there and i dont think anyone's looking at chubb as a hall of famer - and gettleman is not one to trade often

so its barkley or...

i still keep going back to the report from about 2 weeks ago that there was a provisional deal in place between the bills and giants for the 2nd pick that would/could happen on draft night - and that seems like the most obvious thing to me still despite all the "smokescreens" and noise since

If the Broncos thing is legit though, the Giants can move back and still get their gold jacket guy.

1. CLE - Mayfield
2. DEN - Darnold
3. NYJ - Rosen
4. CLE - Chubb
5. NYG - Barkley

Makes a ton of sense but that's also completely predicated on the Broncos actually being interested in such a move.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tony Pauline final mock, released one hour ago:

Baltimore Ravens

Da'Ron Payne

DT

Alabama

Analysis: The Ravens could potentially trade down with the Atlanta Falcons, who want Payne. Otherwise Baltimore will take the Alabama prospect for themselves.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the Broncos thing is legit though, the Giants can move back and still get their gold jacket guy.

1. CLE - Mayfield
2. DEN - Darnold
3. NYJ - Rosen
4. CLE - Chubb
5. NYG - Barkley

Makes a ton of sense but that's also completely predicated on the Broncos actually being interested in such a move.
If the first three picks happened like that then I think the Browns grab Barkley.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the first three picks happened like that then I think the Browns grab Barkley.

I don’t know what’s scarier, Browns getting barkley or Chubb to pair with Garett.