• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Dolphins

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Dolphins offense is pretty interesting. Don't have a great running game, don't really use TEs. But they have two absolutely elite WRs. QB has big upside that hasn't been realized yet.

from what i saw against the patriots, their entire passing offence was those 2 WRs making plays after the catch or making defenders look silly and posting up against guys with multiple inches of reach advantage

Tua looks so weak-armed - when pressured especially pushed out the pocket to the right it looks like he can't create velocity on the ball at all - watching him genuinely made me wonder if he's still injured...

the mcdaniel offence looks well set up in the passing game and we'll have to contend with those weapons but Tua really looked like the weak-link in week 1 and got away with a bunch of mistakes that weren't punished - on the opposite side of things, if it was just a bad game by Tua then watch out because the duo of Hill and Waddle were dangerous as hell and could have had a bunch more yards than they got

if MP's back, watch him pick Tua off next week - feel like with the way Tua floats the ball that Marcus Williams is always gonna be dangerous too - just really hope that MP's back because those WRs will dominate poor CB play and with Fuller down that could put a rookie in as one of our starting 3 CBs if MP's not back

in terms of how the defence will matchup it's hard to say - if the DL can dominate the way it did the Jets, then we're gonna be a difficult matchup for any offence

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Very curious to see how this matchup goes. Still not a huge believer in Tua but he's got a ton of talent and speed around him. And we couldn't really stop him when he entered last year.
This game comes down to tackling and staying sound in your zones with good communication, so defenders don’t get crossed up and miss an angle. Tua looked like an absolute game manager, I don’t see him becoming a threat, however they have what is probably the best offensive system and trio of receiving targets you can get for tuas skillset.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
really nice to have some playmaking safeties now isn't it....

@Deebo813
It really is frfr lol.. even without that int, you can see the difference. Saw hamilton around the ball a few times in 1st quarter too.. he was a bit late at times but he was there.
I wanna say next week is when we can really see our S perform but tua is ass so who knows

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
It really is frfr lol.. even without that int, you can see the difference. Saw hamilton around the ball a few times in 1st quarter too.. he was a bit late at times but he was there.
I wanna say next week is when we can really see our S perform but tua is ass so who knows

Hamilton is ass

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Seemed like the Jets were having some success with the swing passes to the RBs. Hopefully we're more effective at defending them this time around. Don't the Dolphins got speed at RB?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
This game comes down to tackling and staying sound in your zones with good communication, so defenders don’t get crossed up and miss an angle. Tua looked like an absolute game manager, I don’t see him becoming a threat, however they have what is probably the best offensive system and trio of receiving targets you can get for tuas skillset.
Make a fucking tackle, to often last year we couldn't. Looked better so far vs the Jets.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Make a fucking tackle, to often last year we couldn't. Looked better so far vs the Jets.
I think the reason for that is that wink just doesn’t employ a good defense. Todays nfl gets the ball to ball carriers in space, and coordinators work endlessly to design schemes to give them that space…. WINK JUST GAVE THEM THE SPACE!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the reason for that is that wink just doesn’t employ a good defense. Todays nfl gets the ball to ball carriers in space, and coordinators work endlessly to design schemes to give them that space…. WINK JUST GAVE THEM THE SPACE!

i think sunday really distilled for me what was missing with wink's defence - and it wasnt so much the blitzes as it was the coverage on the backend - by being as aggressive as he was with his tendencies he was telling the offence what the coverage was gonna be like 50% of the time which makes it really easy to always have a check to beat those coverages

macdonald's approach/tweak is to be aggressive by disguising coverage, giving different looks and also changing up coverages more frequently

we still blitzed a decent amount on sunday (the 28% blitz rate would have still had the ravens in the top 10 of blitz rates for the 2021 season) but the backend coverages were different and how we blitzed was different

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing that needs to be addressed this week is a sense of urgency with the offense. This has been a systemic problem with Roman's scheme since 2019, and it's getting old. It puts our offense at a considerable disadvantage when you don't have time to dissect a defense and make audibles if necessary. It essentially locks us into one play call.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing that needs to be addressed this week is a sense of urgency with the offense. This has been a systemic problem with Roman's scheme since 2019, and it's getting old. It puts our offense at a considerable disadvantage when you don't have time to dissect a defense and make audibles if necessary. It essentially locks us into one play call.

If it hasn't been addressed since 2019 then what makes you think it's going to be addressed now?