• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Oh look. Dwyane Wade is moving to the bench...

And Bledsoe is on the block

And the cavs have that shiny lottery pick. And a total scrub in Iman Shumpert that they would LOVE to move off the books.

Thomas-Bledsoe-James-Crowder-Love

With a bench of
Rose-Wade-Korver-Tomphson-Frye-Tomphson.

Yeah... Okay..

RIP Parity Part 2
I thought the Cavs were "stacked." Or is it that LeBron has no help? Seems to be the top 2 narratives surrounding LeBron nowadays.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Agreed. Why do they need Bledsoe? Not aiming at you, but I've been seeing this speculation for quite some time.
That’s my point. Adding Dwade, Rose, and Crowder were great acquisitions with them. They might win two games vs the LOLriorrs now. They feel as if they need more talent to entice Lebron to stay.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
That’s my point. Adding Dwade, Rose, and Crowder were great acquisitions with them. They might win two games vs the LOLriorrs now. They feel as if they need more talent to entice Lebron to stay.
Welp, now I hope they get all the acquisitions they can get.......and LeBron STILL leaves. That shit would be glorious!

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lakers are my team and I love Lonzo here. The team seems to really enjoy playing with him, I expect those jumpshots to go in sooner or later.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lakers are my team and I love Lonzo here. The team seems to really enjoy playing with him, I expect those jumpshots to go in sooner or later.
As much as I hate the Lakers, I kinda want to see Lonzo be the main reason they win another ring. All those haters in the media would be FUMING once LaVar The Genius rubs it in their faces.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
As much as I hate the Lakers, I kinda want to see Lonzo be the main reason they win another ring. All those haters in the media would be FUMING once LaVar The Genius rubs it in their faces.

they are really making him out to be some sort of horrible entity. He hasn't done a thing but say crazy things about sports as if that is an indicator the character of a man that he is. Look how (so far) he and his wife have raised their sons.

Every interview they try to bait Lonzo into saying something to stir up the pot and he is always calm and poised like a veteran would be. Honestly the media loves to add a narrative and create stories. They want to sell you a novel to add to a game.

Lonzo is going to be alright, and all those players catching feelings over what his father says should be embarrassed. The kid is 19 lmfao

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
they are really making him out to be some sort of horrible entity. He hasn't done a thing but say crazy things about sports as if that is an indicator the character of a man that he is. Look how (so far) he and his wife have raised their sons.

Every interview they try to bait Lonzo into saying something to stir up the pot and he is always calm and poised like a veteran would be. Honestly the media loves to add a narrative and create stories. They want to sell you a novel to add to a game.

Lonzo is going to be alright, and all those players catching feelings over what his father says should be embarrassed. The kid is 19 lmfao
Indeed. The fact that his sons aren't trouble-makers and look to be on the right path says a lot. Oh he said some crazy things....time to lock him up and throw away the key.

I honestly believe that this is smart strategy by LaVar. The fact that the Wiz, particularly Gortat, were more worried about what LaVar said rather than handling their business is pretty funny to me. He got into their heads and was in the crowd just chilling.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Indeed. The fact that his sons aren't trouble-makers and look to be on the right path says a lot. Oh he said some crazy things....time to lock him up and throw away the key.

I honestly believe that this is smart strategy by LaVar. The fact that the Wiz, particularly Gortat, were more worried about what LaVar said rather than handling their business is pretty funny to me. He got into their heads and was in the crowd just chilling.

Exactly, they do not speak about the stroke the mother went through or how hard it is for her to speak now. She is learning once again how to speak and walk correctly. They questioned Lonzo's heart when he and his team lost the last game.

Too often people forget there the game is a job and that there is a life outside of that, the boys mother could have died. People are consumed by their constant need to be entertained and forget those are real people with real issues. Rich or not, an ailing parent can leave anyone in disarray

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Exactly, they do not speak about the stroke the mother went through or how hard it is for her to speak now. She is learning once again how to speak and walk correctly. They questioned Lonzo's heart when he and his team lost the last game.

Too often people forget there the game is a job and that there is a life outside of that, the boys mother could have died. People are consumed by their constant need to be entertained and forget those are real people with real issues. Rich or not, an ailing parent can leave anyone in disarray
My teenage brother said that Lonzo's mom's stroke shouldn't have affected him because of what happened with Isiah Thomas' sister.....

Yeah. No. 19 year old kid not knowing if his mom is going to live or die. Sorry, I'm not gonna give two shits about whatever I'm doing under those circumstances. That fact that he played at all actually surprised me given the context

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
let the anger out bro, tell us lol
Snakebitch ruined the league and made it so unfair that even Vegas doesn't bother anymore.

Oh.. And this warriors team is becoming overrated. Not sure if it's because I live in the Bay Area but Lordy. "Best team ever". Give me a fucking break.

Celtics in the 60s
Showtime Lakers
Bird Celtics
Bad Boy Pistons
Jordan's Bulls
Kobe-Shaq Lakers
And possibly Lebron's big three down in Miami would beat this warriors team regardless of the rules.

I think the thing that especially pisses me off was the people who say that 1996 bulls would lose.

The 1996 Bulls would win the series in four REGARDLESS OF THE RULES. Jordan would guard (and his life miserable) Curry, Pippen(the most underrated player ever. And the best defensive player to never win DPOY award) would basically pull a Kawaih Leonard. Not shut down KD, but make his life a living hell. Rodman would proceed to make Draymond his bitch. Team would be surrounded with good shooters and they would have other good players with Tony Kukoc, Longgley, Kerr, and Harper. Sure, Warriors are deeper, but Jordan is unguardable and would effectively make Tomphson, Green, and Iggy his bitch. Pippen wasn't a pushover either on offense(he really is the OG Leonard isn't he? Yup). Bulls superior defense shuts down high flying Warriors offense, and Jordan goes for 40.

Oh, and the other teams? Those celtics in the 60s were even more stacked. Showtime Lakers had most dominant scorer in NBA history with Kareem who would go for 50 a night while Magic Johnson would likely average a tripe double. Bird's celtics wouldn't even mainly win because of Larry, but because McHale and Parish would eat Green and Zaza(LOL) alive. And if Zaza tried to pull a Zaza to Kevin McHale, he'd play through that and still make him pay. Bad Boy Pistons would murder them by pulling a Zaza to Zaza(but only in their era). Shaq would go for 60 a night(but Draymond could guard him-Warriors fans) and Kobe would just be Kobe.

But still. Thanks to the lack of the talent pool in the NBA, the Warriors are guarenteed a dynasty.. A dynasty they'd likely have without Kevin Durant there.

Durant = mental midget. I hope he creates a fake account on this site to defend himself.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Lonzo, if your favorite team didn't hold him scoreless, then I can't relate to you. Carry on with your Lonzo discussions lol.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Snakebitch ruined the league and made it so unfair that even Vegas doesn't bother anymore.

Oh.. And this warriors team is becoming overrated. Not sure if it's because I live in the Bay Area but Lordy. "Best team ever". Give me a fucking break.

Celtics in the 60s
Showtime Lakers
Bird Celtics
Bad Boy Pistons
Jordan's Bulls
Kobe-Shaq Lakers
And possibly Lebron's big three down in Miami would beat this warriors team regardless of the rules.

I think the thing that especially pisses me off was the people who say that 1996 bulls would lose.

The 1996 Bulls would win the series in four REGARDLESS OF THE RULES. Jordan would guard (and his life miserable) Curry, Pippen(the most underrated player ever. And the best defensive player to never win DPOY award) would basically pull a Kawaih Leonard. Not shut down KD, but make his life a living hell. Rodman would proceed to make Draymond his bitch. Team would be surrounded with good shooters and they would have other good players with Tony Kukoc, Longgley, Kerr, and Harper. Sure, Warriors are deeper, but Jordan is unguardable and would effectively make Tomphson, Green, and Iggy his bitch. Pippen wasn't a pushover either on offense(he really is the OG Leonard isn't he? Yup). Bulls superior defense shuts down high flying Warriors offense, and Jordan goes for 40.

Oh, and the other teams? Those celtics in the 60s were even more stacked. Showtime Lakers had most dominant scorer in NBA history with Kareem who would go for 50 a night while Magic Johnson would likely average a tripe double. Bird's celtics wouldn't even mainly win because of Larry, but because McHale and Parish would eat Green and Zaza(LOL) alive. And if Zaza tried to pull a Zaza to Kevin McHale, he'd play through that and still make him pay. Bad Boy Pistons would murder them by pulling a Zaza to Zaza(but only in their era). Shaq would go for 60 a night(but Draymond could guard him-Warriors fans) and Kobe would just be Kobe.

But still. Thanks to the lack of the talent pool in the NBA, the Warriors are guarenteed a dynasty.. A dynasty they'd likely have without Kevin Durant there.

Durant = mental midget. I hope he creates a fake account on this site to defend himself.
The Miami Heatles vs. these Warriors would've been a joy to watch.