• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It's pretty bad, Harden has plays drawn up for it
I don't understand how you can call a shooting foul if the player isn't actively shooting at the time of the foul. As long as they attempt to shoot after the foul, just give them free throws, even if the original shot had no prayer of going in. That's just stupid to me.

Fouled at half court? Just chuck it up for three free throws.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Golden State got their redemption now can we get 2 new teams in the finals next year please? NBA needs to talk to the NFL about parity.

KD is a mental midget who couldn't get it done on his own terms, he got his ring on a team that would have won the title without him

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Golden State had a payroll of $102M and Cleveland $127M with a salary cap of $94M, but the NBA doesn't have an issue.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Thanks Durant for single-handedly ruining an entire association. Now I can't watch my favorite sport ever because we all know how it's going to go. The NBA lacked parity before, but now we are beyond lack of parity, and into bullshit level territory. There's no point in watching anytime within the next five seasons, because we all know who's going to win. Thanks Durant. You got a ring the easy way.

Fuck you.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Thanks Durant for single-handedly ruining an entire association. Now I can't watch my favorite sport ever because we all know how it's going to go. The NBA lacked parity before, but now we are beyond lack of parity, and into bullshit level territory. There's no point in watching anytime within the next five seasons, because we all know who's going to win. Thanks Durant. You got a ring the easy way.

Fuck you.
A team that broke the wins record just added the second best player in the NBA? I can't imagine how this one will end.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Y'all need to move on with your lives

Fuck you.
Like I said...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Like I said...
Try living in the Bay area full time and working at a gym where these insufferable bay area fans go every morning and hearing how KD is the "greatest player of all time". It's the same for the Giants, and the Niners(but not the Raiders oddly enough. Their fans are cool).

Seriously. Bay area fans are the absolute worst. I'd rather hang out with EAGLES fans

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
First I'm from the "old school" of thought....yeah, that means I'm an older cat in here. The cats in my era like Jordan, Magic, Bird and "the real" Isiah Thomas would have NEVER left their teams to join up with one another to win a Championship.

Secondly, I recognize that there is a new generation of players that think differently. With free agency, these players are taking their own destinies into their hands by joining up with others to win a "CHIP". To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with that because at the end of the day; that is the pinnacle of their craft-to win a "CHIP".

We want that for the Ravens as well regardless of how it comes about....right? Winning a "CHIP?" Of course we do! So, let's not be hypocritical about this Durant move. He did what was best for him and to hell with what anyone else thinks about it!

NOW....we can all focus on the NFL and our beloved BALTIMORE RAVENS! :D:cool:

Tank

Hall of Famer
First I'm from the "old school" of thought....yeah, that means I'm an older cat in here. The cats in my era like Jordan, Magic, Bird and "the real" Isiah Thomas would have NEVER left their teams to join up with one another to win a Championship.

Secondly, I recognize that there is a new generation of players that think differently. With free agency, these players are taking their own destinies into their hands by joining up with others to win a "CHIP". To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with that because at the end of the day; that is the pinnacle of their craft-to win a "CHIP".

We want that for the Ravens as well regardless of how it comes about....right? Winning a "CHIP?" Of course we do! So, let's not be hypocritical about this Durant move. He did what was best for him and to hell with what anyone else thinks about it!

NOW....we can all focus on the NFL and our beloved BALTIMORE RAVENS! :D:cool:

Yeah, I've never been able to wrap my head around the idea that KD was wrong for going where he felt he could win a championship. Why is that a bad thing? When you can go wherever you want isn't that the best and only choice?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I've never been able to wrap my head around the idea that KD was wrong for going where he felt he could win a championship. Why is that a bad thing? When you can go wherever you want isn't that the best and only choice?
if you don't think LeBron would've tried to recruit him you're crazy. Every team wanted him but GS and KD should be punished for drafting well and good cap management.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
if you don't think LeBron would've tried to recruit him you're crazy. Every team wanted him but GS and KD should be punished for drafting well and good cap management.
I'd call it good luck and good drafting.

Curry getting hurt allowed them to get him at a ridiculous steal of 4yr/$44M. If he doesn't get hurt and has a year like he did in 2012, he'd have signed for much higher than that.

I think Curry is due for a new contract extremely shortly and it'll be a max and I know KD can opt out and make like $40M per year, so they aren't fitting both on the team.

Really, if Curry never gets hurt and doesn't sign below market value, KD is not a Warrior.