• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well Zion went out there and put on a show. He and Lonzo have a great connection.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not sure this is true but I keep seeing that Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I was hoping they just evolved the "insert athlete name here" gag from a car crash to a helicopter crash. This is a sad day for Basketball.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Shit crazy man.. the reason why i never came in here is because i didnt wanna have to defend my guy kobe if he was ever talked about... RIP to the GOAT

Reactions: cdp

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gut-wrenching news! While I am of the era of Michael Jordan; my son (30 yrs old) grew up ballin' on Kobe Bryant! Kobe was a fierce competitor and an extremely gifted and talented Basketball player, a legend, one of the greatest to ever do it and an icon. Unfortunate that he and his daughter Gigi's lives were stolen from them at this early ages. My family's heart and prayers go out to his wife and their children and the entire Bryant family. Another legend gone too soon! R.I.P. Kobe!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Kobe Bryant was loved by many. May God bless everyone with heavy hearts for the victims of the helicopter crash.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
I cried today. Game 7 of the 2010 finals was my first memory of basketball and Kobe is who brought me in to basketball.

RIP to him and his daughter

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’ve been crying all day. Kobe was one of my four true role models (two of them are gone now) and my favorite NBA player of all time. I’m 28, grew up in California, and got the privilege to watch Kobe as a Laker in his prime. Still feeling like this isn’t real. I love you Mamba. Rest In Peace to you and your beautiful daughter.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
God dammit the worst part of any prominent black male dying is the stampede of “WHAT ABOUT MUH DEAD SOLDIERS??”. I seriously cannot stand it, your intentions are VERY thinly veiled.

And now people are all about remembering the other victims first and foremost, “they won’t be forgotten just because they weren’t famous athletes!” and literally not speaking on Kobe. I have multiple people of my fb friends list who have not acknowledged the death of Kobe Bryant in the slightest or posted any condolences, BUT not coincidentally have posted multiple condolences for the other victims on board along with sharing posts about soldiers who were recently killed.

why is the world so fucking disgusting

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
God dammit the worst part of any prominent black male dying is the stampede of “WHAT ABOUT MUH DEAD SOLDIERS??”. I seriously cannot stand it, your intentions are VERY thinly veiled.

And now people are all about remembering the other victims first and foremost, “they won’t be forgotten just because they weren’t famous athletes!” and literally not speaking on Kobe. I have multiple people of my fb friends list who have not acknowledged the death of Kobe Bryant in the slightest or posted any condolences, BUT not coincidentally have posted multiple condolences for the other victims on board along with sharing posts about soldiers who were recently killed.

You can always ask those people if they know any of the names of the innocent soldiers we send over there and then proceed to ask them to name some names of the victims over seas.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You can always ask those people if they know any of the names of the innocent soldiers we send over there and then proceed to ask them to name some names of the victims over seas.
Well that’s a hard argument when they’re sharing articles with a dead soldiers name lol. It’s just the timing of it, these people don’t say or share a goddamn thing until a guy like Kobe Bryant dies and then suddenly they go hunting for articles about recently killed soldiers and share them, meanwhile not sharing or saying a single thing about Kobe.

I like to think of it as Tomi Lahren behavior.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Are you talking about the post that keeps going around with the 30 dead soldiers from a helicopter crash...cause that happened in 2005 but people are too stupid to open up the page and look before they share something

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Are you talking about the post that keeps going around with the 30 dead soldiers from a helicopter crash...cause that happened in 2005 but people are too stupid to open up the page and look before they share something
No just a select few people I’ve seen on fb who are sharing articles about soldiers killed in the past week or so, but they just so happened to start sharing the articles the day Kobe died.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5

As for Tomi Lahren, she may love the troops, but dammit she love them black men too. I don't give a damn that she's engaged but anytime she gets to talk about black people like that she lights up.

As for people sharing disgusting posts about Kobe, I was going to say those who post about his rape case many years ago, but then I saw MANY who were wishing that it was Trump who died instead of Kobe. I'm not saying you have to like the man, but how deranged do you have to be to post that shit?