• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

At the end of the day it's weak af to me, theres nothing exciting or interesting about four All Stars cruising through a season unchallenged, wheres the sense of achievement? Anyways I'm glad this season is over.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
At the end of the day it's weak af to me, theres nothing exciting or interesting about four All Stars cruising through a season unchallenged, wheres the sense of achievement? Anyways I'm glad this season is over.
I think this was the most predictable season of sports I have ever seen.

KD joins a team that won the most games in NBA history the season prior? I wonder who will win this season.

The Cavs are still in an incredibly weak East with possibly the greatest player ever? Can't imagine who will win the East.

I wonder if the rest of the NBA actually felt they had a chance against GS in the playoffs or if they figured GS would just win it all. Like, as a player/exec/coach, yeah, you're always confident, but you had to look at that lineup and just realize it wasn't going to happen.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Heres a thought, it would never happen but would be awesome. LeBron goes to Gilbert and says he will play for the Vet minimum and recruits other plays to play for a cheap price. Literally, this is the only way I see the cavs competing. Here are some of the 18' FAs that will be available: (Now I know no one will actually take vet minimum to play. But some of these guys could add an aspect to the Cavs that could help them)

-Paul George- This is the clear go to guy, trade Love for him?
-Chris Paul- having a true PG distributor would really help out Lebron and conserve energy. Shots would open up more and be more efficient and give Lebron the energy in the 4th which is where he struggled during the series. As long as Lebron was on the court during the series, the cavs were +
-Dwayne Wade- If Lebron could talk him into taking a reduced role
-Dirk- I don't know what he really offers, but coming off the bench would be a clear upgrade compared to others.
-Rondo- I think this is an under the radar guy that I think could really make a difference. I know he is crazy, but his defense could really help frustrate Curry.
-I don't know enough about the rest to analyze-
Avery Bradley
Gordon Hayward
Blake Griffin

I think the only combo that would really give the Cavs a chance is to Chris Paul and Paul George.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, I've never been able to wrap my head around the idea that KD was wrong for going where he felt he could win a championship. Why is that a bad thing? When you can go wherever you want isn't that the best and only choice?

I absolutely agree 100%.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

When Jordan and the Bulls reigned supreme in the east, who had a chance?

NOBODY.

When Kobe and the Lakers in the late 2000s ran the West, who had a chance? NOBODY.

When the Heat lead by James dominated for 4 years, who in the east had a chance? NOBODY

When James went to CLE again, who had a chance in the East? NOBODY

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Based on what I saw in the finals, it was very clear to me that there are 2 superstars on each team....very clear.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like the Thunder in 2016? the Thunder that were up 3-1 against the Warriors? the Thunder that had KD who said this:

https://twitter.com/kdtrey5/status/18688294600?lang=en

It is what it is, I remember when he said that and I agreed with him. Did I like his decision? No, but it's just a game and at the end of the day if your team won 70 games and you could add a player like that then you do. It's simple.

If the Lakers back in 2012 could sign James don't you think they would? Kobe, James, Bynum would have been the team. This whole idea about being loyal etc etc benefits the owners only for not putting a team around said player. Again, I did not like the decision, however one can not deny that the Thunder committed too much money to Kendrick Perkins which caused them to lose out on Harden and the rest was history.

CLE also made horrible decision and listened to acting GM James when they overpaid back then for Anderson V, when they should have saved their money and go after the likes of a Bosh or Dwight Howard if not both back then.

Is it weak? Yea I can see why you say that.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
More like two superstars and two all stars on GS and two super stars and role players on CLE.

my guy, besides the obvious choices of Curry, Durant, Irving, James, it was Love who played the best among every other player averaging 16pts and 11trb.

Klay averaged 16 and 4.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
my guy, besides the obvious choices of Curry, Durant, Irving, James, it was Love who played the best among every other player averaging 16pts and 11trb.

Klay averaged 16 and 4.
Klay was off this entire playoff go around for GS, but we could say the same about Love.

He went off in game 4 and provided solid rebound numbers, but he was way top inconsistent offensively and defensively for me to say he really stood out

It is what it is, I remember when he said that and I agreed with him. Did I like his decision? No, but it's just a game and at the end of the day if your team won 70 games and you could add a player like that then you do. It's simple.

If the Lakers back in 2012 could sign James don't you think they would? Kobe, James, Bynum would have been the team. This whole idea about being loyal etc etc benefits the owners only for not putting a team around said player. Again, I did not like the decision, however one can not deny that the Thunder committed too much money to Kendrick Perkins which caused them to lose out on Harden and the rest was history.

CLE also made horrible decision and listened to acting GM James when they overpaid back then for Anderson V, when they should have saved their money and go after the likes of a Bosh or Dwight Howard if not both back then.

Is it weak? Yea I can see why you say that.

Honestly it just makes me cringe, he's obviously free to go to whichever team he wants but he can't control how people feel about it warranted or not. Imagine Jordan in a Pistons jersey, or Bird in a Lakers jersey etc

Tank

Hall of Famer
Honestly it just makes me cringe, he's obviously free to go to whichever team he wants but he can't control how people feel about it warranted or not. Imagine Jordan in a Pistons jersey, or Bird in a Lakers jersey etc

'Cmon Blood, you know that's not fair. MJ may have moved had he not been a part of the Bulls dynasty, same with Larry and the Celtics. Guys want rings, plain and simple.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Saw a post on FB that said Jordan played in a more competitive time than LBJ.

Jordan played during a time of 8 expansion teams and when the strong teams of the 80's were declining due to age and retirements. Not really sure how you can say Jordan actually had it hard.