• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar, The Running Game and The Defensive Collapse

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can we go back to the fire Harbs chant?

I mean… Sean Payton just sitting at home ^_^
Yup, and I trolled people on Twitter for this one too. The common solution to solving a defense giving up 6 TDs, in the same week your offense scores 31 and goes for like 500 yards, is to fire John and hire a young, offensive oriented HC. And do it mid-season in fact.

Because, ya know, the solution to a defense giving up 28 in the 4th quarter is just to just score more points than the other team. Fail safe. No way that backfires.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Honestly, maybe losing this game, in this particular way, could possibly benefit us a little going forward.

1. Maybe they talked about not playing so loose so soon in the second half and realizing going forward we have to keep our foot on the gas pedal a lot longer.
2. Maybe they chill out a little going for it every time on fourth and one, especially until we get our run game working better.
3. Maybe this game left such a bad taste in their mouth, that they curb stomp the shit out of their opponents for the next couple of games.

We really rarely lose in the fashion we did on Sunday. Maybe it will be a wake up call on a few things that was needed, that may not have occurred if this game would have just went back and forth with us just falling a little short.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly, maybe losing this game, in this particular way, could possibly benefit us a little going forward.

1. Maybe they talked about not playing so loose so soon in the second half and realizing going forward we have to keep our foot on the gas pedal a lot longer.
2. Maybe they chill out a little going for it every time on fourth and one, especially until we get our run game working better.
3. Maybe this game left such a bad taste in their mouth, that they curb stomp the shit out of their opponents for the next couple of games.

We really rarely lose in the fashion we did on Sunday. Maybe it will be a wake up call on a few things that was needed, that may not have occurred if this game would have just went back and forth with us just falling a little short.

Love your positivity

Didn't the Dolphins have two Olineman that were out this game? I thought that was supposed to be their weakness and our guys was supposed to take advantage.

Man the front office dropped the ball with pass rushers. Pass rush has been a big issue for quite some time so what did we do this off-season? Drafted an injured pass rusher, and signed Houston old behind (yes he is playing well) but we can't rely on him to be the guy.

Seems like 2021 again no pass rush, give up tons of passing yards, too many injuries, no run game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Didn't the Dolphins have two Olineman that were out this game? I thought that was supposed to be their weakness and our guys was supposed to take advantage.

Man the front office dropped the ball with pass rushers. Pass rush has been a big issue for quite some time so what did we do this off-season? Drafted an injured pass rusher, and signed Houston old behind (yes he is playing well) but we can't rely on him to be the guy.

Seems like 2021 again no pass rush, give up tons of passing yards, too many injuries, no run game.

they lost 1 tackle but Terron Armstead played

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yup, and I trolled people on Twitter for this one too. The common solution to solving a defense giving up 6 TDs, in the same week your offense scores 31 and goes for like 500 yards, is to fire John and hire a young, offensive oriented HC. And do it mid-season in fact.

Because, ya know, the solution to a defense giving up 28 in the 4th quarter is just to just score more points than the other team. Fail safe. No way that backfires.

Hey now. A good offense can be very defensive.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Well we have played 2 games and in each of those 2 games we have IR'd 2 guys. That's not to mention the crazy long laundry list of injuries we have that are not IR injuries

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Imagine a world where you get called a troll by moderators simply for having a dissenting opinion and standing up for said opinion
Trolls live to antagonize and provide very little substance.

Having a dissenting opinion that is well thought out and tactfully written is totally fine, and I'd encourage it. Going against the grain and providing no substance to back up your claims? That's not cool.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't even think funny or creative is necessarily trolling. I think of that as meme'ing, when done tastefully.

Trolling is totally different to me.

Making fun of self-proclaimed "experts" who "watch the film closely" because their opinion is shit is hilarious

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Making fun of self-proclaimed "experts" who "watch the film closely" because their opinion is shit is hilarious
This would be what I mean- you're one of the biggest trolls in this sub and it's not surprising that the more educated members of this sub don't engage with you.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Trolls live to antagonize and provide very little substance.

Having a dissenting opinion that is well thought out and tactfully written is totally fine, and I'd encourage it. Going against the grain and providing no substance to back up your claims? That's not cool.
Hit the nail on the head.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I know he’s a rookie but Kyle Hamilton needs to do his job. He tried to undercut a dig route when he was supposed to help cover the post which allowed one of those 60 yard TDs. I know he’s a rookie but you cannot make those type of plays or else you will see the bench. I’m a little concerned about him in regards to this season at the very least. It’s still only week three but he was out of position on a ton of plays.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
My sincerest of apologies for being such an uneducated, poor-income, lower class troll for my opinions on Harbaugh and Hamilton. Very sorry folks. I know I have committed egregious acts

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Are you an edgy, angst-filled teen or did you just get stuck in that stage of development?

Honestly, I think I got stuck in it. Some of my favorite bands include Slipknot, Disturbed, Lamb of God, the old Three Days Grace, Godsmack, Mushroomhead, etc