• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar, The Running Game and The Defensive Collapse

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's what's frustrating to me about the discussion.

Did Tua make the right reads? Yes. Did Tua make the open throws he needed to? Yes. Did Tua make the plays to win? Yes.

Stop shit talking him when he almost hung 500 and did hang 6 TDs. People look like clowns when they do.

i mean when i was shit talking him, he wasnt playing well, hadnt shown that he would play well and looked distinctly limited

what changed was the ravens stopped being able to do what they had been doing in the 1st half to him and suddenly he was sitting in an armchair able to hit whoever he wanted

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah this is simply not the end of the world, but I do think it's time to start pointing fingers at EDC because this is the second year in a row there have been blatant errors in roster construction. You just can't start a team that has 2 OLBs.

i dont think you can blame him for jaylon ferguson's death, kevin biegel's injury, daelin hayes's injury and now steven means injury too

that's 4 guys we expected to play for us this year unavailable

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i mean when i was shit talking him, he wasnt playing well, hadnt shown that he would play well and looked distinctly limited

what changed was the ravens stopped being able to do what they had been doing in the 1st half to him and suddenly he was sitting in an armchair able to hit whoever he wanted
Tua is not great. He's not Josh Allen, he's not Tom Brady, he's not Lamar, but he's a starting NFL QB. If you let any starting NFL QB have all day to throw and give him Waddle and Hill of course that's gonna happen

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Naw we shouldnt be losing to tua.. if their defense had played great then it wouldve been fine but instead he put the team on his back.. these are games that we should not lose at all.
I agree. The Ravens SHOULD NOT have lost this game. The defense blew it.

But shit talking Tua after he carried that game is clown behavior. He made the plays he needed to at every step in the second half.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Not really mad about this game at all. I wonder how The Bengals fan felt when they lost against The Jets last year . For the most part I thought it was a entertaining game. I think The Ravens were the better team but there still some thing they have to figure out on defense and offense . Hopefully the The return of Boyle, Proche, Bowser , Stanley and etc will help with that.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i dont think you can blame him for jaylon ferguson's death, kevin biegel's injury, daelin hayes's injury and now steven means injury too

that's 4 guys we expected to play for us this year unavailable
Sure but look at those names. They're literally all no names. So yeah it's super frustrating to lose depth like this, but come on. When push came to shove the only OLBs on the team combined for less than 10 sacks last year. That's honestly more egregious than last Year's debacle with the OL

marklar

Pro Bowler
I really want to overreact, but will try not to.

But, if someone doesn't find The Magic Wand of Run Blocking, this season is not going to end well. Time to throw in Cleveland, what have we got to lose? The RBs are not good, but the run blocking nakes it impossible. If we had just a chance to get 3ypc in the run game, this is easily salted away and the rest of the horrible play does not matter. At all

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think it's time to sign JPP to the 53. He's not going to be some savior but I'm done running 2 OLBs. Ffs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if we had just one of JK or Stephens playing today, I think we win the game.

Not going to blame this loss on injuries though, we just flat out sucked in the 2nd half.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I really want to overreact, but will try not to.

But, if someone doesn't find The Magic Wand of Run Blocking, this season is not going to end well. Time to throw in Cleveland, what have we got to lose? The RBs are not good, but the run blocking nakes it impossible. If we had just a chance to get 3ypc in the run game, this is easily salted away and the rest of the horrible play does not matter. At all
There is zero route to improved run blocking on this team. Stanley for Mekari is maybe a plus but we are super right handed so not sure it's hugely important. Powers is probably still better than Cleveland and if he's not I can't imagine it's the difference. You're not swapping Linderbaum for Colon. You're not swapping Zeitler for Cleveland. You're not swapping Moses for Faalele. Where's it coming from?

You're best option is replacing Oliver with Boyle. But is Boyle cooked????

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Literally took two missed 4th downs from (at most) 1 yard each and Marcus Williams dropping what could've been an awesome INT.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There is zero route to improved run blocking on this team. Stanley for Mekari is maybe a plus but we are super right handed so not sure it's hugely important. Powers is probably still better than Cleveland and if he's not I can't imagine it's the difference. You're not swapping Linderbaum for Colon. You're not swapping Zeitler for Cleveland. You're not swapping Moses for Faalele. Where's it coming from?

You're best option is replacing Oliver with Boyle. But is Boyle cooked????

it's hard to tell what's going wrong but this is what greg roman's known for - he's got to find a way to correct this

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
What's the point of paying top dollar for a secondary, but lacking pass rushers?